Cats

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Since you are in the UK, wouldn't that simply be a "short hair"? :ROFLMAO:

Sweet looking kitty. :) The female version of Beau is Belle.

Hmm.... maybe "Beau" in the case of a girl kitty could just be short for Bodacious...

bodacious babe.png

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We are picking our British Short hair up on the 18th November. My daughters are adamant the name of this kitten is going to be ‘Beau’ as they like the name, however the kitten is female and this is a male name. We are thinking to get around this we’ll spell it ‘Boe’ or something like that. What do you guys think? I’m staying out of it as much as I can and just buying the accessories I’ve been told to buy [emoji2359]

This is the kitten we’ve gone for:
32347d0f18315713fbc17c35f25727ab.jpg
Nothing wrong with "Beau".

Several years go, my next door neighbour's daughter acquired two cats, litter mates and siblings that were given the names of Abby and Phoebe.

When the day came for That Visit To The Vet, it transpired that Phoebe was a boy, but he knew his name, and answered to it, and so, Phoebe he remained until the day he died, many years later.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I’m half Irish so perhaps i’ll suggest that but not tell my wife the meaning? [emoji23]
Hey, cows get a bad rap. I was driving home through the countryside some while back when I saw a cow spot another one and bound happily over to her. They are only stupid because we prevent them from being not stupid.

lizkat

Reaction score

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Photos of kitties on US / British naval ships, mostly in WWII -- with their own little hammocks.

Gotta have a pet when you’re not busy killing others, everyone has a down-time [emoji12]

lizkat

Reaction score
Gotta have a pet when you’re not busy killing others, everyone has a down-time [emoji12]

Hah, a bunch of cats were probably brought aboard those ships originally to help keep rats in check down in the storerooms. Kittens ensued in the normal course of events and their cuteness probably helped save at least some from being drowned, which was the old fashioned and cruel way of dealing with too many underfoot...

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
How sweet! Settling right in... but tonight she'll be measuring the drapes? Good luck!

She hasn’t climbed the curtains yet but has been up and down the arms of the sofa and chairs. Kind of regretting the new three piece suite that is being delivered December the 1st [emoji2359]. My youngest daughter is still terrified of her so also trying to work that one out lol.

Top Bottom
1 2