Cats

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Here's a totally random picture of a cat eating corn.

SgQjkas.jpeg

Renzatic

Reaction score
I have no idea why, but Polly has taken to always wanting to go into the basement recently. She'll scratch at the door at all hours of the day, always begging to be let in, and will happily spend hours doing whatever it is she does down there.

It's creepy, considering my basement is a very scary place.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ours has been sitting in the area where we have holiday stuff queued up for the attic, just staring at the snowman ... for hours.

It's equal parts confusing and frightening.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but Polly has taken to always wanting to go into the basement recently. She'll scratch at the door at all hours of the day, always begging to be let in, and will happily spend hours doing whatever it is she does down there.

Ours has been sitting in the area where we have holiday stuff queued up for the attic, just staring at the snowman ... for hours.

It's equal parts confusing and frightening.

All this and more about why your cat is so weird... addressed scientifically:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OMG the wife found that article a few weeks ago, hahaha, I think she was specifically researching about the highest spot.

In that one photo you can see my safety net for her desire to access a high location.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
OMG the wife found that article a few weeks ago, hahaha, I think she was specifically researching about the highest spot.

In that one photo you can see my safety net for her desire to access a high location.

High spots like atop the fridge, yep (if an indoor cat has no gym setup in another room), or even up in exposed rafters if a house has a great room with those as a feature. One of my cats used to hang out in the rafters of my deck in summertime until it got too warm up there even for her in the afternoon.

The other thing they all seem to like is trying to fit into small boxes. I had a cat who would wear out an empty pretzel box in a few days trying to back into the thing. It didn't faze him in the least that he never succeeded, could never succeed, and yet he approached each new opportunity with the same level of zeal. Pretzels were cheap back then, so the box was an inexpensive toy.

Renzatic

Reaction score
The other thing they all seem to like is trying to fit into small boxes. I had a cat who would wear out an empty pretzel box in a few days trying to back into the thing. It didn't faze him in the least that he never succeeded, could never succeed, and yet he approached each new opportunity with the same level of zeal. Pretzels were cheap back then, so the box was an inexpensive toy.

Every time I leave out one of those 12 can fridge packs of coke next to the trash, a cat WILL at some point slide into it, and fall asleep.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Loki has become obsessed with trying to get out the door into the apartment hallway when I come in lately. Why I have no idea. All he does is immediately flop down on the carpet and just roll around.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1482807386096103427/

I have no idea if our cat could do this, but if he could, I suspect he'd go back and knock everything down just to spite us. BTW, if you're on Twitter, Science girl is very much worth a follow. The stuff she finds and posts is fascinating, and such a welcome relief from the toxic soup.
Cats can be so elegant sometimes!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Have any of you ever watched the "cat goalkeeper" video (lockdown vintage) from a flat in Italy - one clip/link - comes with the title "This cat is pound for pound the best goalkeeper in the world".

Anyway, a seriously talented feline.

And a hilarious video.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
No, not that one.

It is Italian, and the voiceover - the cat's owner - speaks in Italian; the cat is named Gigi after a rather talented Italian goalkeeper.

Anyway, the whole/video runs for a little under a minute and a half, but is quite wonderful.

It takes place in the hall of a flat in Italy and is absolutely brilliant (I love the way that the cat's tail moves, slowly, while it lies in wait for the football to be kicked).

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, not that one.

It is Italian, and the voiceover - the cat's owner - speaks in Italian; the cat is named Gigi after a rather talented Italian goalkeeper.

Anyway, the whole/video runs for a little under a minute and a half, but is quite wonderful.

It takes place in the hall of a flat in Italy and is absolutely brilliant (I love the way that the cat's tail moves, slowly, while it lies in wait for the football to be kicked).
Found it. You were right, that’s amazing

Top Bottom
1 2