CDC says definition of "fully vaccinated" could change as boosters roll out

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Somehow I predict this is going to cause problems. People don't like moving goalposts.
True, although COVID has been a moving goal post this entire time. Science is also something we have to adapt to as things progress, this has never sat well with staunch Conservatives who believe that everything should be static and myopic, a view which has enabled this virus to spread and mutate.

It's looking like if we continue to let the general population to choose, we'll never get ahead of this virus. The time for asking is done, both government and the free market will need to step up. Right now I have zero sympathy for these assholes holding out, they're just prolonging this thing, forcing those of us doing the right thing to get boosters and allowing it to mutate.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What can anyone do to satiate this one group of people looking for any reason whatsoever to bitch and scream?
I think the best we can do is put them out on an island, make it so they cannot infect others at work, socially, or anywhere there are other people.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I think the best we can do is put them out on an island, make it so they cannot infect others at work, socially, or anywhere there are other people.

How do you plan on getting them out there? They're already hyping themselves up to shoot a bunch of people...

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
True, although COVID has been a moving goal post this entire time. Science is also something we have to adapt to as things progress, this has never sat well with staunch Conservatives who believe that everything should be static and myopic, a view which has enabled this virus to spread and mutate.

Perhaps, but would you also agree that Dem politicians who ordered masks or lockdowns, then get caught not wearing them or traveling to another state to eat out didn't help the situation?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Perhaps, but would you also agree that Dem politicians who ordered masks or lockdowns, then get caught not wearing them or traveling to another state to eat out didn't help the situation?
One or two dems wearing a mask is nothing compared to Governors loosening any and all restrictions, killing tens of thousands. Get real.

BTW, when you play politics with this stuff the only winner is COVID. I don't care what side one is on, we should have the same mandates and penalties for all.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
One or two dems wearing a mask is nothing compared to Governors loosening any and all restrictions, killing tens of thousands. Get real.

BTW, when you play politics with this stuff the only winner is COVID. I don't care what side one is on, we should have the same mandates and penalties for all.

Yes, those mandates and penalties need to apply to all. But when the people issuing the mandates don't follow them, the people will do the same. Simple human nature.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Yes, those mandates and penalties need to apply to all. But when the people issuing the mandates don't follow them, the people will do the same. Simple human nature.

It'd be nice if we lived in a perfect world, where everyone did everything perfectly at all times, and never once fucked up.

Unfortunately for us, we don't.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Gimme a break. The anti-maskers are gonna be anti-mask, even if every Biden official had masks glued to their faces 100% of the time and never took them off. I still remember people pointing to a picture of Fauci taking off his mask to drink water in a nearly-empty baseball stadium, and screaming about what a supposed hypocrite he was. The anti-maskers are a bunch of morons, and appeasing them is stupid. They should go back to the Stone Age where they belong.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

Those politicians were caught without a mask BEFORE the vaccine was released. When the vaccines rolled out a lot of places eased up on mask mandates. That is not the reason these Herman Cains aren't taking the vaccine. They aren't taking them because they believe in conspiracy theories and they are doing the opposite of liberals to "own them". Go read the HermanCainAward reddit page and see how many of those idiots mention politicians not wearing a mask as the reason they don't want "the jab" The majority of them are sharing conspiracy theories right before they catch covid and meet HeyZues.

Imagine dying to own the libs lololol

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Somehow I predict this is going to cause problems. People don't like moving goalposts.
Well this is interesting with the current eligibility for boosters. Why change the definition of fully vaccinated if only a subset of people can get the booster? (I do realize though that the eligibility requirements are basically unenforced and pretty much anyone cat get a booster) They really need to just make boosters available to everyone if they're going to change the definition.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Well this is interesting with the current eligibility for boosters. Why change the definition of fully vaccinated if only a subset of people can get the booster? (I do realize though that the eligibility requirements are basically unenforced and pretty much anyone cat get a booster) They really need to just make boosters available to everyone if they're going to change the definition.

I was thinking that myself. I called my local pharmacist to check on my eligibility for the booster, and they initially told me no. I replied that I have slightly high blood pressure, and that I've gotten a little chubby (OLOL DIRTY JOKE TIEM) over the last couple of years, so that'd probably push me into the marginally high risk category.

They shot back with "...yeah, I guess that could work."

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that myself. I called my local pharmacist to check on my eligibility for the booster, and they initially told me no. I replied that I have slightly high blood pressure, and that I've gotten a little chubby (OLOL DIRTY JOKE TIEM) over the last couple of years, so that'd probably push me into the marginally high risk category.

A little chubby lol

U

User.191

I had to do the same thing. Despite me being overwight my doctor didn’t have that on my chart as being a medical condition. So when I went to see her the other week she said it was based on my BMI - the moment I told her my number she said “Oh, in that case”.

And thus I got my booster!

Top Bottom
1 2