Census win for the Republicans

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
As a result of the census blue states are losing seats in the house of representatives and red states are gaining seats. This is the result of people moving out of blue states to red states. At face value this looks like bad news for Democrats, but what it doesn’t take into account is people moving out of blue states and taking their liberal values with them. You aren’t forced to join the Republican party when you cross a red state border.

So the question is which side will win out, the native residents converting the recent immigrants or the immigrants overwhelming the natives. I keep hearing about liberal pockets growing in red states.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
As a result of the census blue states are losing seats in the house of representatives and red states are gaining seats. This is the result of people moving out of blue states to red states. At face value this looks like bad news for Democrats, but what it doesn’t take into account is people moving out of blue states and taking their liberal values with them. You aren’t forced to join the Republican party when you cross a red state border.

So the question is which side will win out, the native residents converting the recent immigrants or the immigrants overwhelming the natives. I keep hearing about liberal pockets growing in red states.
Looked like a bit of a wash to me... Ohio, WV, Michigan all lost seats, and Colorado and Oregon gained. North Carolina seems like a state that could be joining Virginia soon as a blue state. And with Texas getting so big, if it flips to blue, may as well shut down the GOP forever.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

There's also the concern about the fuckery ( man I love being to curse ) that 45, Wilbur Ross, and friends did with the census that maybe had a hand.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There's also the concern about the fuckery ( man I love being to curse ) that 45, Wilbur Ross, and friends did with the census that maybe had a hand.
They treated the Census like they wanted to treat the votes. Count the ones for Trump first, then stop counting... or if the other guy takes the lead, keep counting SOMETHING until Trump’s ahead again. They wanted to stop the Census earlier because it takes longer to get counts of: Native Americans, people in low-income areas, recent immigrants, etc. But, based on the count, I don’t think the national numbers are too far off. Texas and Florida have seen a lot of immigration, and Colorado seems like a very popular destination. Even still, I’m not sure I trust the Wilbur Ross Census.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Texas is already trying to figure out ways to suppress the vote even more because they know its only a matter of time before it flips blue.

They tried so hard to throw out drive thru votes in Houston last election. I really don't see the difference between standing in line and sitting in a line in your vehicle, but the GOP in Texas cried about it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Texas is already trying to figure out ways to suppress the vote even more because they know its only a matter of time before it flips blue.

They tried so hard to throw out drive thru votes in Houston last election. I really don't see the difference between standing in line and sitting in a line in your vehicle, but the GOP in Texas cried about it.
Drive-thru voting seems like the most Texas thing I can think of. Hundreds of pickup trucks in line, engines running and spewing pollution everywhere, so people don’t have to get out of the air-conditioned cab to vote...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The fact that Mariposa county in AZ is still conducting an audit right now hoping to overturn Biden's win tells me red states are in for a rude awakening to what happens when more liberals move to their state, although Trump was pretty overwhelmingly awful that I don't think we can set the 2020 election as a sign of state flipping.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The fact that Mariposa county in AZ is still conducting an audit right now hoping to overturn Biden's win tells me red states are in for a rude awakening to what happens when more liberals move to their state, although Trump was pretty overwhelmingly awful that I don't think we can set the 2020 election as a sign of state flipping.
If they want to audit, then do an audit. But don’t have a Trumper do the audit. Get an uninterested 3rd-party agency to conduct it. Don’t we have somebody on this forum who does this internationally? I’d love to hear their take on this.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If they want to audit, then do an audit. But don’t have a Trumper do the audit. Get an uninterested 3rd-party agency to conduct it. Don’t we have somebody on this forum who does this internationally? I’d love to hear their take on this.

But if you don't have a Trumper do the audit then it won't flip to Trump winning and if it doesn't flip to Trump winning then you just wasted a ton of time and money, and nobody wants that.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Is anybody shocked that the 2020 census was off by 19 million people… and that the biggest undercounts were of minorities?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1501986699026391040/

Remember Wilbur Ross? Yet another Trump administration cheater. It’s beyond obvious (and was even during Trump’s term) that they regularly broke the law. It’s having real consequences now, with congressional districts re-drawn based on numbers that undercounted minorities.

Again, shame on anybody who voted for Trump in 2020. You know what he did and voted for him anyway. He doesn’t care about
Democracy or the rule of law at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2