RIP Charlie Watts, the Rolling Stones’ Drummer and Inimitable Backbone, Dead at 80

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Back in college, I did a fund raiser and had to do security at the LA Coliseum. I got to stand outside listening to Living Color. Then I got to stand outside listening to Guns and Roses. Then they closed my gate and I got to go inside and watch the Stones. It was a fun show I never would have paid to go to otherwise.

Now that I think of it, the other concert I've been to that I wasn't interested in was Johnny Cash in Vegas. I wanted to go see a magic show. My buddy said he'd buy my ticket if I went to see Johnny instead. Since I was a poor college student, and didn't actually have the money to go to a magic show, it wasn't a hard choice. I want to say he came on after the Gatling Brothers or Statler Brothers or some damn group of brothers.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was sorry to hear about Charlie Watts' passing today. I didn't know much about him other than his career as the drummer for the Stones, and was surprised to read that he trained as a graphic artist, designing the group's record sleeves and stages. RIP.

Top Bottom
1 2