Christmas, New Years Eve...

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
1. How did you spend Christmas, what presents were under the tree?
2. Where and how will you spend the NYE?

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
What is the reason?
I am really interested.

I celebrated Christmas with my son. For five minutes, later he left to his girlfriend. But still we had/have a tree.

NYE will be in a theater. Will watch a new piece from 19:00 to 21:00, then walk in the city.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
What is the reason?
I am really interested.

I celebrated Christmas with my son. For five minutes, later he left to his girlfriend. But still we had/have a tree.

NYE will be in a theater. Will watch a new piece from 19:00 to 21:00, then walk in the city.
We lost our daughter at Christmas time six years ago. We don’t celebrate anything anymore.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We lost our daughter at Christmas time six years ago. We don’t celebrate anything anymore.

So sorry for your loss. Can't comprehend what that would be like.

My wife lost her father Thanksgiving week when she was 16. When we were getting serious all she asked was that I not do anything significant around any holiday. She never understood why people would get engaged on a big holiday because if something happens, that holiday could be ruined. Thoughts and prayers for you and Mrs AFB. 🙏

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

At our house with all the in-laws except 2. Niece tested positive for COVID so she couldn't come and nephew had to work.

The biggest present was the M1 iMac for the offspring, but the wife got me a pizza oven. So that will dovetail into the answer for Q2.

We had wanted to go to Windrock park, but our pet sitter was unavailable. So we are going to break-in the aforementioned pizza oven and find a good movie to watch. I doubt I will make it to the Ball Drop. :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Just got back today, for #1 we had a fucking blast, will post tomorrow ...

Once upon a time there was a railroad line
Don’t ask where, brother, don’t ask when
It was a road to Hell—No! It was hard times
It was a world of gods and men

#2 dialing it back, having a fun long weekend at home, recovering, lots of [new] games, movies (we're on a disaster kick) doing a turkey/stuffing, kielbasa/kraut, drinks, some inappropriate nonsense :D

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
We went to a resort called "Harrison Hot Springs" for 3 days / 2 nights. My girlfriend had been there before - first for me (only having lived in BC for 3 years now). It wasn't great, but we still made the most of it (the resort has not been maintained well, the massages at the spa were awful) - meh.

As for presents - nothing for me, but I ordered her a Louis Vuitton purse & wallet (that were supposed to arrive in time for Christmas) - but didn't - the purse is still in transit and the wallet hasn't shipped yet. (Supposedly coming from France...seems the French don't work very hard in December *shrug*). And, yes, this label shit is ungodly expensive. She's getting ONE of these, once in a blue moon...or three. :D

New Year's (tonight!) we're going to friends for some awesome Thai food and a few drinks. :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
As for presents - nothing for me, but I ordered her a Louis Vuitton purse & wallet (that were supposed to arrive in time for Christmas) - but didn't - the purse is still in transit and the wallet hasn't shipped yet. (Supposedly coming from France...seems the French don't work very hard in December *shrug*). And, yes, this label shit is ungodly expensive. She's getting ONE of these, once in a blue moon...or three. :D

The upside is it has really stellar construction/materials and they have a full maintenance service. We took my wife's 20 year old roller into the local store who handled the shipping back to the factory, got new wheels and handle assembly, they did a full refurb (as part of any factory service) on the leather (which was pretty much mint anyway), even put on new zipper heads and returned the originals, all in a new bag for just a couple of hundred dollars.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
And, yes, this label shit is ungodly expensive.
My cousin, who worked for a while at the Fur Exchange, tells the story of the time the shop manager received a toy model car kit in the mail. The box contained tags to be sewn into the furs. Something like 90% of the value of a fur was in the label, so they had to shipped separately, incognito.

D

Deleted member 215

1. I spent Christmas at home with my immediate family (so, with my older sister and my parents). I bought a lot of books for people, but as the family bibliophile, that's to be expected. :D I also received a number of books, as well as clothing, and a new pair of headphones 🎧
2. I'll be spending NYE in Tahoe with my family and a few friends who are up here too. It was quite the ordeal getting up here with the above-average amount of snow (last I checked snowpack was at 170% of normal for this time of year. A welcome change after two years of drought). Normally I attend some kind of party for NYE but didn't do so last year for obvious reasons.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
8A21AA6C-C129-44E8-984E-372D71942428.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We saved the champaign for today, and last night, went with this as our stroke-of-midnight cheers :)

IMG_0757_1200.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2