RIP Christopher Plummer

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Just read in the Guardian about the death of the actor Christopher Plummer, aged 91.

Although he started his acting career on stage, and subsequently, played many movie roles (including as a Klingon General in one of the Star Trek movies), - and also won an Oscar in his 80s, - his role as Captain Georg von Trapp in the Sound of Music is one that will be remembered.

That scene where he and Maria danced the Austrian folk dance, the Laendler, together, (and flawlessly), is simply superb, desire and romance expressed exquisitely.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ve actually never seen him in some of his more famous roles, but I loved other ones, like the family patriarch/victim in “Knives Out” and jewel thief extraordinaire Sir Charles Litton in “The Return of the Pink Panther”.

The man just oozed charm and class, and from what I read about him in the article below, it seems like he was quite a nice guy.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’ve actually never seen him in some of his more famous roles, but I loved other ones, like the family patriarch/victim in “Knives Out” and jewel thief extraordinaire Sir Charles Litton in “The Return of the Pink Panther”.

The man just oozed charm and class, and from what I read about him in the article below, it seems like he was quite a nice guy.

Agreed.

And the chemistry with Julie Andrews seems to have been genuine; thye were very close friends in real life and did several hilarious interviews together.

Top Bottom
1 2