Civil War

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump isn't even indicted yet and his more radical supporters are already taking up arms against law enforcement. They hypocrisy of waving the blue lives matter flags while attacking those very same people they claim to support at the same time is hard to reconcile to say the least.

If action is taken against Trump I think we can expect this to escalate but I don't think it will be civilian against civilian, more like MAGA vs the National Guard/military while targeting law enforcement. Normal citizens aren't going to take up arms, only Trump supporters will so my plan is just to stay out of their way and let the chips fall where they may. They are angry, mentally unstable and armed to the teeth, no good can come from pushing them.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
blue lives matter flags changed to the new version of the confederate flag. let them go after the the big boys they will get their asses handed to them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
blue lives matter flags changed to the new version of the confederate flag. let them go after the the big boys they will get their asses handed to them.
Ironically, most in law enforcement defend the rights of these nutbags to carry assault weapons, it could very well come back to bite them.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
They’ll end up falling victim to their own conspiracies. Just like Reservoir Dogs where they all started turning on each other trying to figure out who was who.

It’s all fun and games to go to the Capitol and parade around in their combat gear they ordered off of Amazon or bought at Wal-Mart, then drive back home and have dinner while watching Fox. It’s another to have to lock your doors because you don’t know what’s going to happen next.

These militant white nationalists and Trump worshippers are a small percentage of Americans. Out of Trump’s 75 million voters, how many of them will take up arms and march the streets hunting law enforcement and civilians?

How will they know which cops or FBI agents are conservative or not? You think a conservative cop or agent is going to have any issue taking out some redneck coming for them? Not a chance.

This is not going to play out how they think it will. I’m not saying things can’t or won’t get ugly, but this idea they are truly the “silent majority” is giving them some false confidence that they outnumber sane Americans - regardless of political ideology - who just want to live their lives. I know plenty of veterans who love Trump but will not hesitate to defend themselves or their property from anyone who threatens them. They’re not looking for trouble, bur show up unannounced to cause them harm and they don’t care if you have a MAGA hat and agree with them politically.

One thing that’s interesting that doesn’t get much attention on the right for some reason - you’d be surprised at how often police unions and departments try to strike down laws that would relax laws for gun owners. It’s strange, they will endorse radical conservative candidates and promote law and order rhetoric, and individuals may even have their own radical beliefs and ideas, but when a law goes before their general assembly to loosen restrictions or otherwise benefit gun owners, reps for these same unions and departments will be testifying before committees that such laws shouldn’t be passed.

It’s a game of politics to some of these people, and they play both sides of the debate for some reason. At the end of the day, cops want to be safe on the streets, even if they personally - as civilians - want the same laws for themselves they know will make their jobs less safe.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
If shit hits the fan don’t become a target. I wouldn’t have anything political on my vehicle or outside my home that will show you’re a leftie because they may come after you. I don’t have anything on my vehicle or home anyway but for those who do I would be careful.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I truly fear for this. These people are absolutely going to lose their shit and take to the streets with their guns when Trump is indicted or convicted. They are completely insane and unstable. It wouldn't surprise me if we see another January 6th or worse. But Trump needs to be held accountable for all the shit he has done.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
They’ll start attacking each other. Just as they turn on their current political allies the moment they move a half-step out of lock with Trump. Liz Cheney a RINO? John McCain a RINO? They go back and forth on Lindsey Graham. You read an article on Breitbart where he kisses Trump’s ass and they love him, you read it on another where he very cautiously and tepidly disagrees with Trump in the slightest and he’s a war-mongering, deep state RINO.

These people may be united in their love of Trump and their racism, but they aren’t smart enough to form coordinated attacks without taking out each other. Shooting up an FBI building, for instance - do you think there aren’t Trump supporters who work in those buildings? You think a group of feds who show up to arrest someone are all liberal democrats?

I do have great fear for random violence and mass shootings, but the way this will play out in reality is wholly different than the fantasies these clowns live out in their heads.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
DailyKos ran this lengthy related piece

which is profoundly disturbing. If I had the means to visit effectual unpleasantness upon various White Wing groups, it would probably take the utmost restraint for me to not exercise those means.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
DailyKos ran this lengthy related piece

which is profoundly disturbing. If I had the means to visit effectual unpleasantness upon various White Wing groups, it would probably take the utmost restraint for me to not exercise those means.

Ugh. Now there's a place to build a wall around. Make a few trails and outlets for migratory wildlife... and man them with trail cams monitored by the FBI.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Ugh. Now there's a place to build a wall around. Make a few trails and outlets for migratory wildlife... and man them with trail cams monitored by the FBI.
Not quite so fast: some 20 or so counties in Oregon (about as much area as Missouri) want to secede from Oregon and become part of "Greater Idaho", giving it about the southern third of Oregon's sea coast (including Coos Bay) and making Idaho the 4th largest state by area (larger than Montana). It would be likely that big chunks of eastern Washington would also want to join up. Trying to manage a state that large with walls and security cams seems a daunting challenge.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Heard a good talking head piece about why the words "civil war" probably shouldn't be used in regards to what's happening in America. It conjures up images of the actual Civil War 200 years ago, which was entirely different than what we're facing today. It's really authoritarian sympathy with the potential for domestic terrorism.

It's ironic how both sides of the political spectrum find themselves on each side of their argument. A few years ago, republicans were criticizing democrats for refusing to use the words "radical Islamic terrorism". That's an argument they were not entirely wrong about. Of course, republicans also toss in a heavy dose of racist and bigotry to go with that, and democrats feared further demonization of Islam could result in attacks against them or the perception that they too were being religious bigots. There were merits and problems with both sides of that debate.

Fast-forward a few years, and now we have democrats calling out white nationalism and domestic terrorism, while the right refuses to acknowledge the very real racism and extremism in their own party. You keep seeing republicans referring to democrats who "think men can get pregnant" as proof of the left's "radicalism". It's an absurd argument, but it plays into their homophobia and arguments against the "woke" left. But its also clear how less pressing that issue is vs. the swath of nuts on the extreme right who post threats online and make plans to carry out mass murder or overthrow elections.

At any rate, when I hear talk of a "civil war", it shows that republicans are desperate. They're a shrinking party who hate that America is a melting pot, and that the days of a primarily white Christian male-ruled government is coming to an end. They hate that America is more secular, which for the life of me I can't understand why it bothers them so much, as nobody is looking to ban Christianity or take away their rights to believe in whatever they want.

Most people who start mumblings of war are usually weak, insecure and looking to blame others for the problems they've created for themselves. It's usually a last act of desperation.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well, I forget where I ran across it, but someone suggested that it might look more like The Troubles in Northern Ireland, which is pretty convincing. Not so much outright war as it would be consistent levels of violence occurring over a long period of time.

Although it could also mean a much more protracted period of conflict as the underlying issues never truly get addressed.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
They’ll end up falling victim to their own conspiracies. Just like Reservoir Dogs where they all started turning on each other trying to figure out who was who.

This is how the initial Bundy fiasco ended. They all began thinking some of the people shacking up with them in support after their standoff with the marshalls were secretly spies for the Obama administration.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most people get seriously agitated when protests hold up traffic. Now step that up to a civil war skirmish that includes loss of power, water, and food. Suddenly support or indifference to Trump is going to look a lot different for those who believe they can just sit aside and watch it happen.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Not quite so fast: some 20 or so counties in Oregon (about as much area as Missouri) want to secede from Oregon and become part of "Greater Idaho", giving it about the southern third of Oregon's sea coast (including Coos Bay) and making Idaho the 4th largest state by area (larger than Montana). It would be likely that big chunks of eastern Washington would also want to join up. Trying to manage a state that large with walls and security cams seems a daunting challenge.

Yeah maybe on second thought it would be better to just put out some beers and snacks and sit down and talk to Trump fans about what's actually on their minds, if one can find some who are not all wired into Fox talking points and talk radio memes du jour.

Our handle on ordinary right-leaning American concerns is pretty skewed by all the anecdotal and often stereotypical video clips and social media posts by or about Trump supporters. A lot of that is quote-tweted sarcastically by lefties, and some of the original posts are probably put up by activists or anarchists with an assortment of agendas.

To me it feels like not all the conservative-leaning discontent in the USA comes just from white supremacists and ex-mil with dreams of guerilla warfare. So my larger question is why they don't try to get the Republican Party to focus less on Trump and potential heirs to his reality TV schtick. Why not demand more focus on policy issues likely to affect their daily lives? Life is not just about Trump or DeSantis or other wannabe star power for 2024. What about pocketbook issues, ways to help create an economy that can support their kids' future families. Work towards formulating a practical platform that goes past anti-choice, anti-tax, anti-regulation... and anti-Biden. It's easy to be a naysayer.

What are the Republicans actually FOR any more when it comes to governance? Yeah yeah, I know, it's tempting to say "just less of it".... but I don't really buy that the majority of conservatives are that simplistic about it.

There may well be some kind of "silent majority" within the umbrella of Americans who'd call themselves conservative, but if so they sure do seem intimidated in the Trump era, even in areas where political violence has not erupted to make people fearful of discussing politics or platforms. Seems like it's either blatant pro-Trumpism or else a kind of glossing over that amounts to eye rolling, sighing, or brushing it all off with "geez, politics, such a mess"....

Top Bottom
1 2