CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Since Thanksgiving has passed, they get to wait a whole month to have an awkward family dinner. I get that it was his brother, but he is an anchor of a major news organization and just can't do what he did.

But, they will conduct an investigation and he will be reinstated. He is really the only bright spot in their ratings and they really can't lose him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What he did was indefensible. He will never regain his career.
It's the right thing to do and a huge conflict of interest. Sorry but the Cuomo's are dirty.

after new documents revealed the cozy and improper nature of his relationship with aides to his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Can you imagine if Fox News held any of their hosts to that same standard with Trump? You would have an empty studio.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, who knows what’ll happen? Brian Williams was caught embellishing a personal experience and was banished to the wilderness, only to return on MSNBC.

This is an arguably worse situation though.
It was like getting busted down to the minor leagues for Brian Williams moving from prime time to cable news, the biggest differenc here is that Cuomo was already on the minor league team and wasn't nearly as big of a player. I think he slips into podcast obscurity at best.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I commend CNN reporting this on their own site without any special treatment or commentary, but it also offers no details. What exactly are the allegations here?

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
I don't have cable so I don't really know much about Cuomo's show, but Jake Tapper seems to be a decent guy, why not give him his own show? Or is Tapper an actual journalist/reporter vs an opinion host like Cuomo?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Let's be honest here: the only reason this is news is because CNN at least attempts to offer real news some of the time. Nobody cares that Hannity - essentially the same as Cuomo for this discussion - hangs out with Trump, shared a lawyer, hops on stage at his rallies, etc. There is no difference in my eyes.

CNN follows stricter guidelines and its hard to believe they weren't aware of this. Nonetheless, this was a good decision. Time will tell if Cuomo recovers. Covering a brother is a lot different than being a "news" channel with people who are good buddies with the president. I think his career will recover just fine, and perhaps he's learned a valuable lesson. It would be great if every news station had strict guidelines and such, but its always up to the left - or those perceived to be left-leaning - to live up the higher standard.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Let's be honest here: the only reason this is news is because CNN at least attempts to offer real news some of the time. Nobody cares that Hannity - essentially the same as Cuomo for this discussion - hangs out with Trump, shared a lawyer, hops on stage at his rallies, etc. There is no difference in my eyes.

CNN follows stricter guidelines and its hard to believe they weren't aware of this. Nonetheless, this was a good decision. Time will tell if Cuomo recovers. Covering a brother is a lot different than being a "news" channel with people who are good buddies with the president. I think his career will recover just fine, and perhaps he's learned a valuable lesson. It would be great if every news station had strict guidelines and such, but its always up to the left - or those perceived to be left-leaning - to live up the higher standard.
Trump hired at least 20 Fox News employees to work for him, and former Trump administration officials got jobs at Fox. Nobody on the right blinked an eye. But they’re super angry at Cuomo. I think Cuomo screwed up, but Trump supporters complaining about this are very hypocritical.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump hired at least 20 Fox News employees to work for him, and former Trump administration officials got jobs at Fox. Nobody on the right blinked an eye. But they’re super angry at Cuomo. I think Cuomo screwed up, but Trump supporters complaining about this are very hypocritical.

I think Trump supporters are on brand on this. What is being done matters less than who is doing it. I don’t think they even know what hypocritical means and you never question the actions or motives of the cult leader. Everything they do is completely original or part of some master strategy that you couldn't even comprehend.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Man, just a saw story on the harassment and threats innocent poll workers in Georgia are getting. Sickening. This is the radical right. Not ANTIFA, not “the left”… purely the white Christian Right. They’re so onboard this dimwit’s roller coaster that they refuse defeat and believe all sorts of insane shit. And they’re winning with a smaller but more potent minority.

I hope these people will realize they’re not all going to rule under the dictatorship they’re wishing for.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Man, just a saw story on the harassment and threats innocent poll workers in Georgia are getting. Sickening. This is the radical right. Not ANTIFA, not “the left”… purely the white Christian Right. They’re so onboard this dimwit’s roller coaster that they refuse defeat and believe all sorts of insane shit. And they’re winning with a smaller but more potent minority.

I hope these people will realize they’re not all going to rule under the dictatorship they’re wishing for.
I think I found the article you’re talking about… I will post the link in the “stealing the election” thread…

Post in thread 'Stealing The Election 101'
https://talkedabout.com/threads/stealing-the-election-101.740/post-76464

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I commend CNN reporting this on their own site without any special treatment or commentary, but it also offers no details. What exactly are the allegations here?

CNN''s investigation of Chris Cuomo using external lawyers is continuing despite his termination...

So far the allegations boil down to a failure to disclose extent to which Chris was advising his brother Andrew behind the scenes, and also using his journo credentials with peers in media, to try to air otherwise private info about Andrew's accusers, i.e, perhaps trying for some damage control.

He should not have served in any way as a man in the middle between Andrew Cuomo's advisors and his own professional peers and competitors. Sure it's hard to stand by and watch a sibling take flak for allegations that can wreck a career, but now two careers are wrecked...

Top Bottom
1 2