Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ordered coffee today (Costa Rica and Ethiopian), as I have almost run out.

Are you roasting your own? A former neighbor did that and my wife loved it. She would probably be doing that herself if she were still drinking it all day. But it is a heartburn trigger so she has one cup and the Keurig is too easy.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Are you roasting your own? A former neighbor did that and my wife loved it. She would probably be doing that herself if she were still drinking it all day. But it is a heartburn trigger so she has one cup and the Keurig is too easy.

No, I'm not.

Notwithstanding my avatar, and love of coffee, (even in my student days, I always prepared "real" coffee), roasting my own is a step too far.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Pubs had the glorious Chibani Cookies n Cream creamer in stock, added to the regular Sweet Cream pickup, so we're sort of, umm, over-creamed.

Notwithstanding my avatar, and love of coffee, (even in my student days, I always prepared "real" coffee), roasting my own is a step too far.

We did it a few times, purely for fun, but what's notable is we used (per some online articles) an old popcorn air popper! The temp is good, and the air circulation keeps the beans moving, distributes the heat, they turned out pretty good.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying a mug of Colombian coffee (with organc hot milk), while awaiting my delivery of coffee. (Ethiopian and Costa Rican).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying an Ethiopian coffee (naturally processed) with organic hot milk; and some croissants that were purchased yesterday in the French bakery.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The last of some Brazilian coffee on hand... looks like I should put it on my Christmas list and hope the givers have deep pockets, since a frost just decimated next year's crop from there, and prices of whatever's in stock right now probably just doubled in response to that news.

Top Bottom
1 2