Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Is there anything in this world more delicious than orange soda? I submit that there is NOT!

Freshly squeezed orange juice?

Freshly squeezed citrus juice (a blend of lemon, orange and grapefruit juice) of my own devising?

Anyway, I think that that depends on the orange drink/soda; personally, I find most of the commercial ones to be far too sweet.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Anyway, I think that that depends on the orange drink/soda; personally, I find most of the commercial ones to be far too sweet.

It's the sweetness that I love! I drink a lot of orange and seltzer water mixes to get my healthy soda alternative, but when you get right down to it, nothing beats the high fructose rush of a good Sunkist.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It's the sweetness that I love! I drink a lot of orange and seltzer water mixes to get my healthy soda alternative, but when you get right down to it, nothing beats the high fructose rush of a good Sunkist.

On the topic of oranges, we are now in blood orange season (yum) and - for marmalade (bitter marmalade) lovers, Seville oranges are also in season, a season that is quite short.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I have a family member who adores Sunkist orange soda too. I like Coke (probably too much).

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I have a family member who adores Sunkist orange soda too. I like Coke (probably too much).

I know the feeling. I've been trying to cut back on my soda consumption a bit, but I just love Diet Dr. Pepper too damn much.

On the plus side, Sunkist is just an occasional thing for me. I'll only have 1 or 2 a week, usually grabbing one when I'm at the store. Though if I bought a 12 pack for myself, I know I'd go through it in a couple of days.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
While most of the coffees I have sipped, sampled and savoured over the past while have come from El Salvador, this morning I enjoyed an Ethiopian coffee (with organic hot milk).

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed a coffee from El Salvador (washed, Bourbon), with organic hot milk.

And I also placed an order for coffee.

This time of year, coffees from central and south America are in season.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed a blend (of my own devising) of two coffees from El Salvador, with organic hot milk; both are from the same producer and the same location, the only difference between them is that one comes from the process of production whereby one is "washed" while the other is "natural".

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And now, enjoying a lunch time coffee from El Salvador (a blend of two coffees from El Salvador, a "natural" processed coffee, and a "washed" coffee, both from the same producer), with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying a Sunday lunch time coffee: A blend of two coffees (one "washed", the other "natural" processed, both from the same producer and from the same planatation), from El Salvador with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying an afternoon coffee (with organic hot milk) with a chocolate biscuit or two.

Wet, dark, dreary, and miserable outside.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sipping my afternoon coffee: A blend (of my own devising) of two different types of coffee from El Salvador. Served with organic hot milk.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Last coffee before I head off to the airport.

Such a lovely spot this — Biblio Bar Roma. Google Maps Link

A caffe food truck by the side of the Tiber, next to Castel Sant Angelo. Friendly, hip, lovely music, tables by the way… books to browse. And one of the few places you still get a 1€ caffè.

IMG_6203.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Last coffee before I head off to the airport.

Such a lovely spot this — Biblio Bar Roma. Google Maps Link

A caffe food truck by the side of the Tiber, next to Castel Sant Angelo. Friendly, hip, lovely music, tables by the way… books to browse. And one of the few places you still get a 1€ caffè.

View attachment 11940
I'm torn between delight (for you) and envy (for me).

Coffee (proper coffee) in a cultured and civilised setting.

Sigh. Bliss.

Wonderful; do enjoy.

Top Bottom
1 2