Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I will say though… I had a couple quite meh cuppas in Rome. In fact I sent back two as inadequate.

Seriously?

I would have expected almost all of the coffees (above all, espressos) in Italy to be superlative.

Should your travels ever take you in that direction, the Balkans have superb coffee.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Moved over from the "What are you doing ..." thread, have this (and a few other) on the way, in whole bean :D

1646939209119.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh boy. Gonna have to order that one next!

Yeah, it's about time for an order on this end too! I found a few other, very highly reviewed flavored whole bean options, but Bones is very good, the price is decent, they're local-ish, I'll be sticking with them (plus my standard whole bean 'Bucks).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Personally, I'd rather have a cup of genuine, strong, well-brewed, real and unadulterated coffee on its own served with a slice of key lime pie, a serving of creme brûlée, whatever......

I get that some people don't dig on flavored coffee, but that's fresh roasted, delivered as whole bean, ground with a burr grinder the morning of use, brewed with filtered water, in a French press, with careful attention paid to the grind spec, water temp, brew time ...

So it's both well executed coffee and a fun flavor :) But I do understand that some people desire that pure coffee experience, we've had that so many times the flavored changeup is terrific :D

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
coffee tastes like someone set a stick on fire and put the ashes in hot water. I understand none of you.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
i could not live without coffee.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
i could not live without coffee.

Absolutely.

We have a 1.5L electric kettle, filled the previous night, we fire that up as soon as someone can make it downstairs in the morning (we've experimented with a HomeKit outlet with an automated schedule ...), I fly down, grind my mysterious blend, get it into a heated French press, topped off with proper temp water, take note of the time ... and wait.

And until that first cup is poured, time stands still, the universe is in chaos ... and when I plunge, pour it into my huge mug filled with some kind of cream/milk blend, space time gets to continue for another 24 hours :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy smokes, it took a bit, they fresh roast when you order. Got 3 flavors : coconut, creme brulee and chocolate almond - selected strong for the flavor intensity + whole bean - it's off the charts. We've had a lot of flavored coffee from different suppliers, this is as good as it gets. Tomorrow we're doing chocolate almond mixed with coconut for an Almond Joy mix :D

IMG_1104_1920.jpg

IMG_1105_1920.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
coffee tastes like someone set a stick on fire and put the ashes in hot water. I understand none of you.

There are people as like steak that is properly charred. I had a tagliata steak at an Italian place one time that was charred on the outside and purple in the middle, and it was surprisingly good. Burnt food can be well appreciated if done properly.

When I was or young'un I could open a can of ground coffee and just enjoy the smell of it. Drinking it all daylong helps keep me from snacking all day long.

Now, there seem to be a lot of people that like those green bell peppers. They make me gag, and I just cannot get why they are so popular. Other peppers are fine, but those green bell peppers one disgusting to me. We all have our personal tastes.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And, for that matter, I haven't had a "black honey processed" coffee before now, either.

Anyway, an impressive (and highly recommended) coffee from Thailand.

Top Bottom
1 2