Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I typically have one of these green mountain pods a couple of times a day.

IMG_2806.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My delivery of coffee has just arrived and I have prepared a very welcome mug of coffee from El Salvador, with full fat, organic, hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying an afternoon coffee, (El Salvador) with hot milk, (organic, full fat), and depressing myself reading about Brexit in the FT (a local shop keeps the week-end edition for me every week-end).

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
At the store today bought another package of Peets Ground Coffee (Sumatra Dark Roast) so that I will at least have coffee in the house regardless of what upcoming weather conditions are -- it's not gourmet coffee, I grant you that, but it does manage the job in the morning of nudging all the brain cells and other cells awake as I'm first revisiting the world after a night's sleep. I drink my coffee black -- no need for milk or cream, so no need for fussing about whether or not it's organic or has some other special properties, or is simply basic pasteurized stuff straight off the grocery store shelves. In addition I can skip the whole thing about full-fat, 1% fat, skim, etc., etc...... Actually, as someone who has moderate lactose intolerance I pretty much am careful about dairy products that I consume, and further, as someone with a history of anorexia nervosa, although I'm more-or-less recovered, the description "full fat" anything still is rather bothersome and thus something I tend to avoid when it comes to selections of food or food ingredients.....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I've never understood the appeal of products such as soya milk, or skimmed milk.

For me, if I am to have dairy in my coffee (or tea), it must be the real thing, that is, full fat milk. Or cream.

However, it is not always possible to obtain these abroad, thus, abroad, I usually take my coffee black.

Anyway, I enjoyed a coffee from El Salvador this morning. With hot milk (organic, full fat).

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I've never had soy milk or almond milk. Skim milk is horrid -- tastes watery! Yuck! I once tasted Lactaid milk, and promptly discarded it. Ugh! I'd rather do without than to drink or use that in anything. Fortunately there's no need for milk in my regular day-to-day meals and I've been drinking coffee black since I was in college. Ditto with tea -- I prefer it without sugar or milk as well. I do like yogurt, and occasionally buy that, and I do buy the regular versions rather than the fat-free, which often has artificial sweeteners and other ingredients in it. On the rare occasions I have a soft drink, such as Coke or Pepsi, I again prefer the real thing and not the so-called "diet" versions, which again contain artificial sweeteners. To me those seem to leave a chemical aftertaste which I find unpleasant.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed my lunch time coffee - from El Salvador. With hot milk, very tasty and welcome at this time of year, as I tend to enjoy espresso more in summer.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was coffeed out; in addition to my own, morning coffee, there were two large mugs of coffee with a very good friend of my mother's in the afternoon.

It has been around ten months since I have had so much coffee in a single day.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_4994.JPG

Taken at Starbucks at Narita (NRT). w/iPhone 6s 2019.04.21. I was impressed that the map was able to catch the southern half of the island of Formosa. I have bought locally produced beans there (maybe around 1999 or so).

Top Bottom
1 2