Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Actually, I should have said that I enjoyed Honduran coffee, prepared in my moka pot (served with hot milk), but accompanied by a treat purchased this morning from the French bakery, classic pain aux raisins.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And this morning, breakfast comprised freshly squeezed orange juice, Ethiopian coffee, (Hario dripper and filter paper), hot milk (organic, full fat, the rest of the carton, hence, I must replenish my supply of organic milk), and a dash (generous dessertspoon or two) of organic double cream.

Plus the second of the pair of pain aux raisins I bought yesterday.

Very pleasant.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm not sure of my Keurig is worthy of this thread but we use it religiously, I use a green mountain dark roast but my wife loves it for tea as well.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And, having (almost, almost, almost - quelle horreur) run out of coffee earlier this week, I have ordered yet more coffee (a well regarded coffee from El Salvador and a strongly recommended single origin estate coffee from Costa Rica).

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure of my Keurig is worthy of this thread
Hey... there is nothing wrong with a Keurig. Hot, easy and everyone can have what they like (which sounds a lot like Linda from back in college. She was great). I have also gotten into tea a bit. When I would visit Taiwan, we would do the traditional tea thing. It takes them forever to brew the perfect cup. Is it worth it? Ah, no... just use a teabag like the rest of the world, geez. I've got things to do. It's fun though and a great way to connect with people.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey... there is nothing wrong with a Keurig. Hot, easy and everyone can have what they like (which sounds a lot like Linda from back in college. She was great). I have also gotten into tea a bit. When I would visit Taiwan, we would do the traditional tea thing. It takes them forever to brew the perfect cup. Is it worth it? Ah, no... just use a teabag like the rest of the world, geez. I've got things to do. It's fun though and a great way to connect with people.
The thing I enjoy about tea is the tradition that surrounds it. I spent two years in Taiwan and loved the preparation and service. I also learned to strain tea through my teeth.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
The thing I enjoy about tea is the tradition that surrounds it. I spent two years in Taiwan and loved the preparation and service. I also learned to strain tea through my teeth.

How did you like Taiwan by the way? I travel there for work. Used to be there quite often until covid clipped my wings. Do you also think that the Taipei skyline looks like it's giving China the finger? :ROFLMAO:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
How did you like Taiwan by the way? I travel there for work. Used to be there quite often until covid clipped my wings. Do you also think that the Taipei skyline looks like it's giving China the finger? :ROFLMAO:
I loved Taiwan. I’ve always wanted to go back, even though it has changed a lot since I was there (early 70’s). But it’s not the cities I want to revisit. It’s Sun Moon Lake and Toroko Gorge. Everything was so beautiful.

And yes, definitely giving PROC the finger!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed a blend (of my own devising) of coffees from central America: El Salvador, Honduras and Costa Rica, served with organic, full fat, hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed a blend (of my own devising) of coffees from central America: El Salvador, Honduras and Costa Rica, served with organic, full fat, hot milk.

I hadn't expected to enjoy my central American coffees (especially the fun I am having experimenting with different blends) quite as much as I am.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_1973 2.jpeg

vietnamese ice coffee. with condensed milk. @Phu Cat airport outside cafe. waiting for flight to SGN. Oct 11, 2019.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoying experimenting with - and blending - coffees that are outside my more usual coffee comfort zone, which lies in east Africa.

Anyway, tis morning's coffee comprised a blend of three coffees from central America, coffees from El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Honduras, plus organic, full fat, hot milk.

Top Bottom
1 2