Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Where do you order your coffee from? I'm looking for some good quality stuff.

Bear in mind that I'm in Europe, not the US.

Now, in (from) the US, I used to order some coffee from Intelligentsia (their coffees from El Salvador were excellent), but stopped doing so, as the import duties were hefty.

More recently, as I like coffees from the Horn of Africa, I have also ordered quite a lot of coffee from The Ethiopian Coffee Company in London.

However, as I prefer to shop local when and where possible (especially in these Corona virus Covid-19 times), much of the rest of my coffee buying is from small, local (and locally owned) coffee shops and roasteries.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bear in mind that I'm in Europe, not the US.

Now, in (from) the US, I used to order some coffee from Intelligentsia (their coffees from El Salvador were excellent), but stopped doing so, as the import duties were hefty.

More recently, as I like coffees from the Horn of Africa, I have also ordered quite a lot of coffee from The Ethiopian Coffee Company in London.

However, as I prefer to shop local when and where possible (especially in these Corona virus Covid-19 times), much of the rest of my coffee buying is from small, local (and locally owned) coffee shops and roasteries.
Ah darn. I'm in the US. Thanks for the info though. I'll probably look for some local stuff.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ah darn. I'm in the US. Thanks for the info though. I'll probably look for some local stuff.

Intelligentsia are an excellent (and not too expensive) US Company, that I used to buy from, and so, can personally attest to the fact that they are very good.

The "espresso coffee" thread (actually, these days, it is not confined to discussion of espresso), in the "community" section of MR has - in the first post - a wiki list of recommended suppliers, and some excellent suggestions re coffee.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Intelligentsia are an excellent (and not too expensive) US Company, that I used to buy from, and so, can personally attest to the fact that they are very good.

The "espresso coffee" thread (actually, these days, it is not confined to discussion of espresso), in the "community" section of MR has - in the first post - a wiki list of recommended suppliers, and some excellent suggestions re coffee.
Ah cool! I didn’t realize that was a wiki post.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where do you order your coffee from? I'm looking for some good quality stuff.

I found some good stuff at a local polish store once. They had a whole section of teas and a few bags of coffee from around the world. I travel a lot and often bring home tea from Asia, but once I've met with a company we were looking to partner with for India and was gifted coffee. Made it in the French press and it was heavenly. No idea what it was... wish I could find it again though!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I found some good stuff at a local polish store once. They had a whole section of teas and a few bags of coffee from around the world. I travel a lot and often bring home tea from Asia, but once I've met with a company we were looking to partner with for India and was gifted coffee. Made it in the French press and it was heavenly. No idea what it was... wish I could find it again though!

Could it have been a version of Monsoon Malabar?

That is the only (really good) coffee that I can think of, that hails from India.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Could it have been a version of Monsoon Malabar?

That is the only (really good) coffee that I can think of, that hails from India.

I don't think it was an Indian coffee actually. I am sure they told me, but I don't remember. It was a very casual gesture, so I didn't really inquire much. Besides, when you're half way across the world, not falling asleep during the meeting is the prevailing task on hand. I have tea in the cabinet right now that is supposed to be "famous" in China. No idea what it's called or where it's from. It's all in Chinese. Maotai, on the other hand, I remember well. Kicks like a mule. Love it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoying a Sunday afternoon coffee: A blend of coffees (of my own devising) from Costa Rica and El Salvador, served with organic hot milk.

Top Bottom
1 2