Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My coffee from El Salvador came to an end this morning, but fortunately, a fresh delivery of coffee had arrived yesterday, comprising two totally new coffees, one from Rwanda, and the other - recomended - from Ecuador.

I'm looking forward to trying them.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sipping a cup (well, mug, my Le Creuset mug) of coffee from Ecuador, an Ethiopian varietal, but planted in Ecudaor, with organic hot milk.

I ordered coffee from two different roasters on Thursday; one - after a few emails, for a coffee I had ordered (Colombian) was sold out, and they wished to exchange it for another, the Ecuadorian, which they recommended, which was fine - was delivered, by the chap himself with whom I had exchanged emails (granted, it is a local company and I wished to give them some business in these challenging times) - was delivered to my door on Friday afternoon.

Which is just as well.

For, not only had I finished my previous coffee supply by Saturday, the other coffee order, also ordered on Thursday, - and often, (though not always),their deliveries take a day or so - was supposed to be "in the network" of delivery company DPD by Friday, according to their tracking; having received a note to that effect, I had assumed a Saturday delivery. Nope.

Instead, I received an email at midnight, (well, five minutes past), last night, informing me that delivery is now pushed out to February 22.

Just as well I gave some business to a local company as, otherwise, I would have run the risk of being out of coffee.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed a coffee from El Salvador, with organic hot milk and generously buttered porter cake (the porter cake was homemade - and a gift from my cousin, whom I met for a suitably socially distanced coffee on Sunday).

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Coffee (from El Salvador, served with organic hot milk) and porter cake (from my cousin, served with generous quantities of butter) both very welcome and very tasty.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Coffee from El Salvador, organic milk (hot), toasted French bread, freshly squeezed orange juice (a blend of a blood orange and an ordinary orange); what is there not to like?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm getting close to putting an order in for some Central American coffees myself, from a place in Ithaca. I hesitate to make those orders over the deep winter because I can't always get out to my post box then! Of course we could still have a nor'easter at this point in the late season for snowfall but the week ahead looks relatively balmy so I'm going for it...

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got these on the way from Intelligentsia

Screenshot_20210310_112034.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Got these on the way from Intelligentsia

View attachment 3944

Sounds good... although even the idea of "decaf" doesn't do much for me. Maybe it's made better than used to be the case, plus there was a time when the only reason for coffee at all was to try to stay awake for the rest of a 17 hour day on the job etc.

Top Bottom
1 2