Coffee, Café Culture, Culture, Chat, & Conversation...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The local coffee company that I had placed an order with on Thursday - they are less thna ten miles from my home - have left me fuming (choosing to deliver by DHL - which means that coffee will not now arrive before Tuesday evening), and entirely unapologetic - and off-hand ('that's your problem', 'do you expect us to prioritise your order'?)when I phoned them to ask whether other, alternative arrangements might be made.

So, today, I purchased some coffee while in the city, en route to the market.

And I am sipping a blend of coffees from El Salvador and Colombia.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Eventually, belatedly, finally, the local coffee company delivered my coffee (yesterday).

For now, I am still sipping Colombian coffee, with organic hot milk, and a dash of organic double cream.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Out of the fancy stuff at the moment so it's on to the fallback Colombian, which makes a fine wakeup call.

Also needing to re-up on a particular tea I like in the early evening, it's Stash "Christmas Morning Tea" not the cinnamon and clove flavored one, just a mix of black and green that is reliably interesting even if bagged. Goes well by itself or w/ a splash of milk.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sunday coffee is one of the most enjoyable coffees of the week.

Anyway, today's is from Peru, served with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed coffee from El Salvador with organic hot milk today, and also received a delivery of coffee (which had been ordered on Monday, two days ago) from Bolivia and Brazil.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Coffee grinder broke about a year or so ago. No problem! The Oster blender had a little plastic cup you could use for grinding the beans. Well, that broke a week ago, so what to do? Many years ago, I bought a stone mortar and pestle, thinking I’d use it. I almost never did... until now. I am grinding my coffee with it. :cool:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This morning, I enjoyed a blend (of my own devising) of three different coffees from central and South America: Coffee from Brazil, from Bolivia, and from Peru. Served with organic (full fat) hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed my coffee this morning (a blend - Bolivian and Brazilian - of my own devising) served with organic hot milk, and a warmed croissant (bought from the French bakery) slathered generously with butter and apricot jam.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Ordered some coffee earlier this week, Ethiopian and coffee from Indonesia.

So, today's coffee is from Indonesia, a coffee I have not had before, served with organic hot milk.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
I haven't properly been into the city centre for well over a year, which is a shame as there's loads of places that do coffee and tea.

One of my faves was the Bicycle Shop, according to their website it opened the cafe in 2009 after over 80 years of being a bicycle repair shop.

Just one of the fascinating places I often overlook in Norwich.

Top Bottom
1 2