Colour me surprised: The QoE is a racist old biddy

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
It's hardly surprising. I'm honestly just waiting for the day she kicks off, so Australia can finally have a referendum on becoming a republic.

We have enough racist old white women going of their tits about "the immigrants" without needing one who's position is based on the ridiculous idea of "god given birthright".

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
And to think people idolise this family.
To be fair its not just this family.

I don't really understand the obsession with royal families in any country.

It came up in conversation the other day with my wife about the royals here, as it happens.

As usual, there are people who will say stuff like 'oh they donate so much money to <X>'...
Where exactly do you think that money came from!? They didn't just magic it out of thin air.

It's like Robin Hood, except he keeps 99.9% of what he takes and then gives ever 50th poor kid he sees, a shilling.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I wait impatiently :rolleyes: for that cyberdude character who only haunted the Prince Harry thread obsessively to go on about Meghan & Harry making up things. Since they obviously know the Royal Family so much better, they can correct CNN.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's hardly surprising. I'm honestly just waiting for the day she kicks off, so Australia can finally have a referendum on becoming a republic.

We have enough racist old white women going of their tits about "the immigrants" without needing one who's position is based on the ridiculous idea of "god given birthright".

The article is quite weak in terms of it brings up something we already knew, but never elaborates on something they suggest is a new information: what were the hiring practices and what was the makeup of employees within the "Firm" prior to and after the policy was ended. Consistent deviations from what is statistically expected will tell it all, but that's missing from the article.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The article is quite weak in terms of it brings up something we already knew, but never elaborates on something they suggest is a new information: what were the hiring practices and what was the makeup of employees within the "Firm" prior to and after the policy was ended. Consistent deviations from what is statistically expected will tell it all, but that's missing from the article.

The original Guardian article seems longer, and has a link to download the archived document they found.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
I give him about as much thought as I do the Windsor’s. I couldn’t give a toss what they have or haven’t said or done.
"Give a toss":) You've made my day, I haven't heard this expression since I watched Luther. (Agree BTW, but my opinion is irrelevant, my tax doesn't pay for her highness)

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
To this day, I have no idea why the royal family is still a thing.

There's a reasonably common belief in Australia at least, and I'd imagine probably other commonwealth nations, that once the Queen kicks off, those countries have a much better chance of becoming republics. As much as she's shown herself to be a racist old bitch, a good proportion of the countries in question will still see her as this kindly old white lady who gives money to the poor and makes a speech at Christmas, and have mostly positive views of her, regardless of what she may or may not actually do.
I don't think the same holds true for big ears, nor ginger and baldy, apart from perhaps the most diehard fans who just ignore any possible news that's slightly negative about them.

I'd imagine this is most strongly felt with the older generations, and I'm pretty confident not too many of them could come up with an actual reason to keep the Queen besides "well why change it now".

Apple fanboy

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
"Give a toss":) You've made my day, I haven't heard this expression since I watched Luther. (Agree BTW, but my opinion is irrelevant, my tax doesn't pay for her highness)
I’d rather my tax paying was just reduced to be honest!
I’m taxed when I earn it. Income TAX
I’m taxed when I spend it. Value added TAX.
I’m taxed when I save it. Savings TAX.
I’m taxed when I pass it on. Inheritance TAX!

Top Bottom