Conservative TP (Talking Points) on MR: Possible Fraud

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
One of our old friends on MR - the inimitable shrimp - has started a thread attempting to "debate" (rather than openly assert), just to "start the ball rolling" in his words (what a disgusting, slimy, characteristic, and entirely disingenuous act), float the idea that "fraud" is an integral part of this election.

I've linked to the OSCE/ODIHR Preliminary Report - which - hopefully, as a credible, reputable, recognised and respected international body, might knock the head on this outrageous assertion (which he doubtless hopes will gain traction), but it would be nice to see the git simply squashed.

What is probably of greater interest is that these will be their TPs (talking points, or crib notes) for the next while.

I was about to write "bastards", but will, instead, cast asperions on the origins of their birth, and hope to consign them to the abode of the rebel angels.

Statement of Preliminary Findings and Conclusions

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One of our old friends on MR - the inimitable tshrimp -has started a thread attempting to "debate" (rather than openly assert), just to "start the ball rolling" in his words (what a disgusting, slimy, characteristic, and entirely disingenuous act) that "fraud" is an integral part of this election.

I've linked to the OSCE/ODIHR Preliminary Report - which - hopefully, as a credible, reputable, recognised international body, might knock the head on this outrageous assertion (which he doubtless hopes will gain traction), but it would be nice to see the git simply squashed.

What is probably of greater interest is that these will be their TPs (talking points, or crib notes) for the next while.

I was about to write "bastards", but will, instead, cast asperions on the origins of their birth, and hope to consign them to the abode of the rebel angels.

Statement of Preliminary Findings and Conclusions
We can fully expect MR to allow this with zero intervention, their policy has been to allow all manner of conspiracy theories and false claims in their political forum.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We can fully expect MR to allow this with zero intervention, their policy has been to allow all manner of conspiracy theories and false claims in their political forum.

Well, I've now linked twice to the OSCE preliminary report, with a suggestion that it be read (it does express concerns and voice criticisms, but none relate to fraud) and if others could debunk or quash this nonsense, as I think it clear that some supporters of the GOP wish a particular narrative to gain traction (and visibility on platforms such as Twitter, or FB) that this election has been won by fraud.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Under instantly bannable offenses in their own rules:

6. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.

Again, the mods are full of it. A year-long ban for the 3 "offenses" I committed is ridiculous, and they let well-documented trolls run hog-wild constantly. They let blatant racist hate speech run rampant and refuse to moderate it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Under instantly bannable offenses in their own rules:

6. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.

Again, the mods are full of it. A year-long ban for the 3 "offenses" I committed is ridiculous, and they let well-documented trolls run hog-wild constantly. They let blatant racist hate speech run rampant and refuse to moderate it.
That is laughable. They should just remove that rule, I asked about it once and got shut down.

He was right, I was spending too much time there. So I decided to start this place instead and it's a far more pleasant experience for all of us.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I used to roam around the MR forums before I got banned (like many of you it seems) under the alias juanm. Scepticalscribe just suggested I come and join the exiles and introduce myself, so here I am.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That is laughable. They should just remove that rule, I asked about it once and got shut down.

He was right, I was spending too much time there. So I decided to start this place instead and it's a far more pleasant experience for all of us.

When it comes to a coronavirus hoax, they can be very forgiving of the poster if it looks like people are disputing it.... but if you make one snide comment, they smack you hard with the ban hammer.

Funny note - if you or I wrote a post like Arn did attacking you - we'd have gotten a warning and/or ban for personal attack.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hi everyone

I used to roam around the MR forums before I got banned (like many of you it seems) under the alias juanm. Scepticalscribe just suggested I come and join the exiled and introduce myself, so here I am.
Welcome to the site, if you refresh the forum page you'll see everything now. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When it comes to a coronavirus hoax, they can be very forgiving of the poster if it looks like people are disputing it.... but if you make one snide comment, they smack you hard with the ban hammer.

Funny note - if you or I wrote a post like Arn did attacking you - we'd have gotten a warning and/or ban for personal attack.
I can't remember exactly which one now but it was a video that was banned on both Twitter and Facebook. If they were following their own rules they would have at the very least edited it out of the post, instead they left a direct link to it in.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I used to roam around the MR forums before I got banned (like many of you it seems) under the alias juanm. Scepticalscribe just suggested I come and join the exiled and introduce myself, so here I am.
Welcome to a saner place. I was banned from PRSI awhile ago and realize I don’t miss it. I enjoyed the momentary rush of verbally taking down a Trumpy fuckwit but I’m sure I never changed a single mind.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I saw “hi everyone” and had a moment of total panic. 🤣

Glad to have you here, I like the new moniker!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Me @ anything shrimp posts
tenor.gif

I'm still laughing my ass off at them suddenly being too busy to follow the election, when it didn't look well for 45.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'll post this as well - for the record, so to speak, - in the MR Reports thread.

However, I have reported this thread started by tshrimp, as I do not believe it was started in anything remotely resembling good faith:

"I wish to report this thread, as the title - and content of the posts made by the OP - are baseless, deliberately disingenuous, and downright irresponsible (given current possibly inflamed political passions) and, I suspect, may be intended to ensure that this subject matter gains traction online, and serves to undermine voter or public confidence what is an already extremely fraught political environment.

I am writing this - rather, reporting this - as someone who has observed - and reported on - and analysed elections internationally since 1996; in that time, I have observed over 25 elections across three continents - working with both the OSCE and the EU - some in a very senior capacity, such as when I served in Afghanistan (in 2013 and 2014) as a political counsellor (and accredited diplomat) with one of the two EU missions in the country, and later (2017-2018) when I served in Somalia in a similar diplomatic role with a special responsibility to report on the elections in those countries and surrounding regions.

As such, I would be regarded as an expert on elections, and am intimately familiar with electoral fraud, such as how to identify it, recognise it, verify it, report it, while also calling out those who enable and facilitate it.

In response to the OP, I have suggested - twice (and linked to the relevant report twice) that he consult a reputable, respectable, credible and recognised source when starting a thread that purports to discuss electoral fraud.

While posting arrant and unsubstantiated nonsense, he refuses to read a report, - claiming that he has insufficient time - published yesterday, by the most reputable international body (apart from the EU, and the Carter Centre, both of which are widely respected in this field) in the field of international election observation that is operating in the US at the moment, the OSCE/ODIHR.

The OSCE ODIHR (ODIHR is the Human Rights and election monitoring/reporting/observing arm of the OSCE) have had an EOM (Election Observation Mission) - by invitation - in the US since August of this year.

During the course of the election, they have issued an interim report, and yesterday, they published a preliminary report - "preliminary statement of findings" - which, while it makes clear that they have concerns (and criticisms), also makes abundantly clear that the issue of fraud does not arise in these elections.

While the actual action of posting such a thread in current conditions, and in the present perfervid political atmosphere, strikes me as exceptionally irresponsible, to deliberately post assertions from discredited sources, while refusing to substantiate such allegations, and to fail to offer anything by way of proof in support of this, while simultaneously, to refuse to engage with, or accept, or even read, reputable independent sources that make a nonsense of his (or her) claims, is, I believe, counter to forum rules.
However, to refuse to read - on the grounds of "no time" when there was clearly sufficient time to post arrant (and manifestly untrue) nonsense from sources that are, frankly, not credible - to refuse to read a reputable (and internationally respected) report, a report which will have an influence on how the international community regards this election, is disrespectful, and discourteous, in the extreme, and may also run contrary to the forum rules for debate.

Moreover, I fail to see - notwithstanding the First Amendment - how permitting this platform to be used to peddle such irresponsible assertions (given that the OP is unable or unwilling to support them) can, in any way, enhance either the platform generally, or its political section, more specifically.

Sincerely,

S"

Top Bottom
1 2