Cops handcuff and yell at five year old

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Body camera footage has shown US police officers handcuffing and screaming at a five-year-old boy who had walked away from his school.
The video, released on Friday by police in Maryland, shows the two officers telling the boy's mother that she should "beat him".
Inside the assistant headteacher's office, the child begins to cry loudly and the video shows one of the officers screaming directly into the boy's face.
"Shut that noise up now!" the officer says. "I hope your momma let me beat you."
Later the child's mother arrives at the school and the video shows both officers encouraging her to hit her son.
"We want you to beat him," one officer tells her. The mother responds that she would be worried about being sent to prison, but an officer responds: "You don't go to prison for beating your child."

Seriously...what the actual fuck??

They run out of black people to kneel on?

“Remember, Johnny, the officer is your friend.”

Yeah. 😡 If this poor child ever needs help, a cop is the last person he’s going to turn to.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That’s nuts. A 6 year old “perp”? Needing a defense attorney, yet?

Our justice system is just so broken.

At least some people (according to the story) are trying to change it. But that doesn’t explain how we got this way. How the heck do some cops get so power-mad that they think it’s a justifiable idea to arrest little children for such minor stuff?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
At the very least, whatever station he worked at needs a complete overhaul.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That’s nuts. A 6 year old “perp”? Needing a defense attorney, yet?

Our justice system is just so broken.

At least some people (according to the story) are trying to change it. But that doesn’t explain how we got this way. How the heck do some cops get so power-mad that they think it’s a justifiable idea to arrest little children for such minor stuff?
If you want to go down a rabbit hole, research the trend to have police in schools.

TL;DR - They arrest teenagers when they get into fights or commit minor offenses at school, so now they have a record. And I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how much race becomes a factor….. they’re 5.5x more likely to refer a dark-skinned girl for the same offense as a white girl.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Its been crazy what has been going on with such young children and police. this was in the news but not a huge uproar so far.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
I watched the entire video, from catching the kid on the street to having a conversation with his mother inside the school. I have to side with the cops on this one, with one major exception.

The cops, while well intentioned, should have never told the mother she can spank her child. Even though they clarified the difference between a spanking and abuse, the mother was absolutely right in claiming it can be used against her.

The police only cuffed the child very momentarily just to show him what it feels like. They were trying to prevent this child from running off from school again, which he has done multiple times. They didn't cuff him to arrest him.

If you haven't watched the entire video, watch it, it changes everything. Those cops actually showed compassion for the child.

IMO, the media edited this out of complete bias.

And what's sad is, the mother was cool with everything, and now she's suing cause there's money to be made. We can't expect cops to care and get personable if they going to get sued all the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2