Cord cutters - What's your favorite streaming services?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Here's my lineup:

YoutubeTV for all my main content
Disney+
HBO Max
Discovery+ (no ads)
Netflix
Hulu (no ads)

Very happy with this for the most part, the only one I'm considering dropping is Disney+, their shows barely keep me interested enough to keep it and all other content is limited. They only have a very select catalog of movies and when they release new movies they still charge you a premium on top of the subscription. It's just hard to justify for me.

On the other hand HBO Max is awesome, a huge variety of original programming and a ton of movies. They also release all their movies same day as in theaters for no additional charge. IMO the best streaming service out there at the moment.

U

User 189

Here's my lineup:

Disney+
HBO Max
Discovery+ (no ads)
Netflix
Hulu (no ads)

Very happy with this for the most part, the only one I'm considering dropping is Disney+, their shows barely keep me interested enough to keep it and all other content is limited. They only have a very select catalog of movies and when they release new movies they still charge you a premium on top of the subscription. It's just hard to justify for me.

On the other hand HBO Max is awesome, a huge variety of original programming and a ton of movies. They also release all their movies same day as in theaters for no additional charge. IMO the best streaming service out there at the moment.
I want to cut the cord, but I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer over all of my Xfinity content if I were to dump Comcast...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
YouTubeTV
HBOMax
Paramount+
Disney+
AppleTV+
Netflix
Prime

Yea, it’s worth it.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
With my wife's family, we share most of the major services. The one I end up watching most, if you don't count YouTube Premium, is Hulu.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
With my wife's family, we share most of the major services. The one I end up watching most, if you don't count YouTube Premium, is Hulu.
Oh yea, we all share services. I have no problem giving my mother or my adult offspring passwords to our streaming services.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I keep things simple: Netflix, Hulu, and bog standard Youtube. Every once in awhile, I'll fire up Disney+.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's my lineup:

Disney+
HBO Max
Discovery+ (no ads)
Netflix
Hulu (no ads)

I'm pretty much where you are except I don't have Hulu (and don't plan to) and I have Prime.

I haven't cut the cord yet but plan to in the next month (not looking forward to that battle phone call with Comcast). I killed my Disney+ account a few months ago, but plan to subscribe again once the full season of Loki is available. For both Disney+ and HBO Max when I subscribe I plan to cancel the next day which will give me a full month but won't auto-renew. When they do expire I'm going to need a specific movie/show before I subscribe again. I'll toss Shudder in here as well. I've gone way too long with auto-renews I don't actually use.

My concern is that eventually these streaming services won't allow you to go month to month and cancel whenever you want, but for now I'm sure there are plenty of people who just let the renews roll month after month. So my micromanagement plan isn't much of a threat.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm pretty much where you are except I don't have Hulu (and don't plan to) and I have Prime.

I haven't cut the cord yet but plan to in the next month (not looking forward to that battle phone call with Comcast). I killed my Disney+ account a few months ago, but plan to subscribe again once the full season of Loki is available. For both Disney+ and HBO Max when I subscribe I plan to cancel the next day which will give me a full month but won't auto-renew. When they do expire I'm going to need a specific movie/show before I subscribe again. I'll toss Shudder in here as well. I've gone way too long with auto-renews I don't actually use.

My concern is that eventually these streaming services won't allow you to go month to month and cancel whenever you want, but for now I'm sure there are plenty of people who just let the renews roll month after month. So my micromanagement plan isn't much of a threat.
I kept the cord for basic cable services because I could get a package discount on Internet and security and save money. :)

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have

Netflix
PrimeVideo
Disney+
Discovery+
ESPN+
Hulu

Netflix gets the most playing time.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I kept the cord for basic cable services because I could get a package discount on Internet and security and save money. :)

Yeah, we'll see how my call goes. Most of the time the packages make no sense. I've had a phone line tied to my account that I've never used or even plugged in for over a decade. Yet removing it from the package would make the charge go up.

During the pandemic for a couple months they discounted $20 because sports weren't being played or broadcast. Um, I don't watch sports anyway. How about you just discount that every month and not give me access to sports? Not an option. I'm sure news networks which I don't watch either, any of them, are also a hefty percentage of the monthly bill. Basically, I've been subsidizing sports and news just so I can maybe watch a couple Discovery network channels. Dsicovery+ killed my need to do that.

It's pretty well known at this point that Fox News doesn't care too much about losing advertisers because they get so much revenue from cable subscribers and they pretty much have the providers by the balls. It's the old people who are keeping cable and it's old people who watch Fox News.

What I'd like to see is packages that are just internet with different streaming services as part of the package, but they probably won't do that because their cable packages are so tied to subsidizing crap you don't watch that wouldn't be tied to streaming services.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bundling and Comcast/Satellite are going the way of AOL. If you want any savings at all you have to bundle and then every year you have to call and barter with them because not only does that "deal" you made with them last year expire but they've also added a bunch of other arbitrary and confusing charges.

No more. You are now in charge and can tell them to suck it and at the same time both save money and get far more targeted programming. I even dumped their internet for AT&T who has a way better deal in my area and unlimited bandwidth.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Netflix and Youtube Premium.
I have Amazon Prime and HBO, but lately watching them less and less.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I get Netflix for free because I have T-mobile for cell service. (Actually it costs $2 a month now because they raised their prices since the initial T-mobile offer, and T-mobile’s offer only covers the cost at the time of the offer).

Otherwise, I have Apple TV+ as part of Apple One, and Pluto TV is free, so it’s not a subscription, but it is something I watch often.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hmmm, let's see ...

Netflix (4K)
Prime
Hulu (Ad Free)
Disney+
HBOMax

A bunch of other apps for various free streaming content, like the NBC app I believe is where we were watching the Olympic trials.

We don't have any network / live type service (i.e., Sling, YT/TV), through we do an antenna and a network based distribution setup (HomerunHD), doesn't get used much (we're just not into most network programming).

We've always had Netflix, back from when they mailed DVDs, so that wasn't part of our CTC - same for Prime, always had it, since we've always paid for the improved services at Amazon.

Hulu is how we follow most of the few network shows we want to watch, no biggie watching them the day after they air, then it's also commercial free.

U

User.191

Netflix
Hulu
Prime + Acorn TV + Britbox
HBO Max
Apple TV+ (Apple One subscription) + Paramount+ + Showtime (bundle subsection deal)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll probably do a hit and run subscription to Apple+ (my year+ complementary subscription just expired) for when For All Mankind returns.

U

User 189

The only issue I have with YouTube TV is that it doesn't have A&E. Regardless, all the other notable channels are there.

How well does YouTube TV work with the Apple TV remote? :unsure:

I really want to switch to Verizon Fios. I'm already paying roughly $250 a month for Comcast Xfinity, so switching to Verizon Fios is better in the long run (I don't really need a phone line anymore either). Even better, Verizon Fios has significantly higher upload speeds than Comcast Xfinity.
Untitled.png

I've already looked at the following cord-cutting guides.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The only issue I have with YouTube TV is that it doesn't have A&E. Regardless, all the other notable channels are there.

I really want to switch to Verizon Fios. I'm already paying roughly $250 a month for Comcast Xfinity, so switching to Verizon Fios is better in the long run (I don't really need a phone line anymore either). Even better, Verizon Fios has significantly higher upload speeds than Comcast Xfinity.
View attachment 6764

My condo building has Starry Internet. $50 a month (includes taxes and/or fees) for 300 megabit up and down. That’s it. I like it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 6764

Look at Sling TV, it has 2 different level that can be combined into one. I think A&E is there. 👀

Top Bottom
1 2