Covid-19: the international thread

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Since I am not a fan of US-centrism (which is x1000 stronger during elections season), here’s a thread on Covid around the globe.

S. Korea faces hard choices of near-lockdown as coronavirus resurges

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Spain Caught Off Guard by Resurgent Coronavirus

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
In Italian sorry. Basically the article is saying that there is a resurgence of the virus, and that 50% of the new cases have been tracked down from people coming back from their summer vacations, hence there’s an escalation in case number. Lombardy region Case number is now increasing at a worrying pace

Ritorno a casa col virus. La metà dei nuovi infetti contagiata in vacanza
23 AGOSTO 2020
Non si ferma l’escalation dei casi: 1.210 nelle ultime 24 ore. La Lombardia risupera il Lazio. Accordo vicino sui tamponi agli imbarchi dei traghetti da e per la Sardegna

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And this answers the questions from other threads asking why places like NY are not returning to normal right away.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
And this answers the questions from other threads asking why places like NY are not returning to normal right away.

Well, I don't think we'll return (or we should) return to normal before the end of 2021, but we certainly mustn't over react on the other side. What a crazy year, next what, Cthulhu's awakening?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And the US is still struggling with the first wave.

Let’s hope Europe can handle it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Since I am not a fan of US-centrism (which is x1000 stronger during elections season), here’s a thread on Covid around the globe.

S. Korea faces hard choices of near-lockdown as coronavirus resurges

Excellent idea for a thread, and also an excellent rationale for this particular title and for the subject matter of the thread.

Top Bottom
1 2