COVID-19 vaccine confidence in the age of Trump

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think I speak for us all when I say a vaccine can't come soon enough. However, the charge needs to be led by medical experts and not politics, the most effective vaccine in the world won't make a difference if people don't trust it's legitimacy. Right now Donald Trump, whether unwittingly or not, is jeopardizing that trust by trying to push these companies into committing to a date before the election IMO.

I'm hoping we let these trials complete the way they're supposed to, driven by experts and results. I would also guess that the companies producing the vaccines would have a lot to lose if they pushed it out too early as well.

U

User.45

I think I speak for us all when I say a vaccine can't come soon enough. However, the charge needs to be led by medical experts and not politics, the most effective vaccine in the world won't make a difference if people don't trust it's legitimacy. Right now Donald Trump, whether unwittingly or not, is jeopardizing that trust by trying to push these companies into committing to a date before the election IMO.

I'm hoping we let these trials complete the way they're supposed to, driven by experts and results. I would also guess that the companies producing the vaccines would have a lot to lose if they pushed it out too early as well.
We have 2. months to go til' election day. Usually it takes more time just to perform the statistical analysis on phase III scale data. We are very unlikely to have adequate data for approval before election day and let's be frank, it's all about that.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think anyone who cheers over any vaccine he introduces before Election Day should have to take said vaccine. I also believe Trump should be the first one injected.

U

User.45

I think anyone who cheers over any vaccine he introduces before Election Day should have to take said vaccine. I also believe Trump should be the first one injected.

I have friends who enrolled in the phase III and got their shot already, so they beat Trump to it.
I'm nearly certain that he'll attempt to push through a vaccine approval by the end of October.
If they did it with convalescent plasma they sure as hell try it with a vaccine.
The medical community will raise hell if the approval is inappropriate.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have friends who enrolled in the phase III and got their shot already, so they beat Trump to it.
I'm nearly certain that he'll attempt to push through a vaccine approval by the end of October.
If they did it with convalescent plasma they sure as hell try it with a vaccine.
The medical community will raise hell if the approval is inappropriate.

It’s going to be quite the fight.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
this is really good news, actually:
the AstraZeneca vaccine trial in the UK is being temporarily put on hold due to finding one (1!) case of unexplained illness.
i am relieved about this temporary halt.
japan has pre-contracted with AstraZeneca for 120 million doses of this vaccine from Astra-Zeneca.

Last edited:
U

User.45

this is really good news, actually:
the AstraZeneca vaccine trial in the UK is being temporarily put on hold due to finding one (1!) case of unexplained illness.
i am relieved about this temporary halt.
japan has pre-contracted with AstraZeneca for 120 million does of this vaccine from Astra-Zeneca.

It's totally routine procedure, but this is why it takes time to complete a phase III.

Top Bottom
1 2