COVID-19 Vaccine Greed

U

User.45

I started my day getting really really annoyed by certain politicians jumping the line for the vaccine who had ignored the virus and endangered others nearly every step of the way they could. Now they are vaccinated so what are they going to do?! They'll show even more bad example and will tout their fucking privilege.

On the other hand:

Of the 5,000 people tapped by [Stanford] hospital to receive the first injections, only seven were medical residents — a paltry fraction of the more than 1,300 in the institution’s cohort. Also left out were many fellows and nurses who have spent countless shifts attending to people hospitalized with Covid-19. (Pfizer’s vaccine requires two doses, three weeks apart, to take full effect. The hospital had banked on receiving a second batch to complete the process.)

“I have done Covid-positive intubations, I have done Covid-positive procedures,” said Dr. Anna Frackman, a medical resident specializing in anesthesia. “We have put ourselves and our loved ones at risk. We think we should have been included.”

This shit is so typical for large academic institutions. Residents are getting shat on regularly. Someone doing COVID-positive intubations is at the highest possible risk of any healthcare worker.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I started my day getting really really annoyed by certain politicians jumping the line for the vaccine who had ignored the virus and endangered others nearly every step of the way they could. Now they are vaccinated so what are they going to do?! They'll show even more bad example and will tout their fucking privilege.

On the other hand:

This shit is so typical for large academic institutions. Residents are getting shat on regularly. Someone doing COVID-positive intubations is at the highest possible risk of any healthcare worker.
Absolute bullshit, spend the entire year downplaying it and then bumping those on the front line for the vaccine should be criminal. I get high profile people getting it to show how safe it his but short of a select few nobody should be able to jump the line.

U

User.45

Absolute bullshit, spend the entire year downplaying it and then bumping those on the front line for the vaccine should be criminal. I get high profile people getting it to show how safe it his but short of a select few nobody should be able to jump the line.
You know, I think congresswomen and -men are justified to get it for national security reasons...however, if they aren't reelected, they should not receive it for a term that ends in 30 days. Also, maybe those who didn't worry about the national security risk of COVID 2 months ago should not use that to justify getting the shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
You know, I think congresswomen and -men are justified to get it for national security reasons...however, if they aren't reelected, they should not receive it for a term that ends in 30 days. Also, maybe those who didn't worry about national security risk of COVID 2 months ago should not use that to justify getting the shot.

I would prefer that the congressional jackasses learn to hold virtual meetings and not decline in-person diplomatic business. They shouldn't be leapfrogging people who have virtually no additional options to lower their risk profiles. Some of these Congress members may state that this demonstrates trust in the vaccine to their constituents, but I think that's just a matter of whatever justification is needed.

U

User.45

I would prefer that the congressional jackasses learn to hold virtual meetings and not decline in-person diplomatic business. They shouldn't be leapfrogging people who have virtually no additional options to lower their risk profiles. Some of these Congress members may state that this demonstrates trust in the vaccine to their constituents, but I think that's just a matter of whatever justification is needed.
It's like telling people to ignore hunger then eat this huge fucking chocolate cake with the cover story of demonstrating their constituents that the cake is not poisoned.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am not happy that these hypocrites are the first to get vaccinated. However, I understand that it makes sense for national leaders to get vaccinated as an example to the people of the country. If Trump had simply worn a mask, socially distanced, and asked his followers to do the same, at least 100,000 lives could have been saved.

U

User.45

I am not happy that these hypocrites are the first to get vaccinated. However, I understand that it makes sense for national leaders to get vaccinated as an example to the people of the country. If Trump had simply worn a mask, socially distanced, and asked his followers to do the same, at least 100,000 lives could have been saved.
...and the economy would be in better shape...

The one that burns me the most is Marco Rubio. He should be all the way at the end of the line.
No accident there.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
71204fa6-18c2-4e8f-8230-cdd47a6cc9c3-122320ThomsonCongressWeb.jpg

U

User.45

He just topped Lindsey and Mitch as the most hypocritical Republican in office and that's not an easy thing to do. A total and complete asshole.
At least he got the Pfizer one (AFAIK), not the one Fauci's institute developed with Moderna:)

Top Bottom
1 2