COVID Stupid

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I got to admit, I am not surprised that it finally came to drinking your own pee as a Covid cure. When they started to talk about gargling and nasal cleansing with iodine, I didn't see the bottom then. Even with this insane treatment plan, I am not sure we are at the bottom yet.
The jokes practically write themselves...

obviously-clearly.gif

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I got to admit, I am not surprised that it finally came to drinking your own pee as a Covid cure. When they started to talk about gargling and nasal cleansing with iodine, I didn't see the bottom then. Even with this insane treatment plan, I am not sure we are at the bottom yet.
The next step, physiologically speaking, is for them to eat their, ahem, solid waste. At that point, they will have literally reached the bottom.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, that's why I was doing it, yeah, Covid, and no other reason ...

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I have to wonder if this person spent time in prison... Smuggling contraband using a cute little stuffed animal? Except this time, the contraband is ivermectin and it’s a hospital they’re smuggling it into.

Oh, Canada...
Yep, we have a lot of right-leaning, nut-job Trump supporters up here too. Most of us like to think that they're isolated to the "red" provinces - Alberta and Saskatchewan - but you find lots in the rural areas. The mis-information bleeds north.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yep, we have a lot of right-leaning, nut-job Trump supporters up here too. Most of us like to think that they're isolated to the "red" provinces - Alberta and Saskatchewan - but you find lots in the rural areas. The mis-information bleeds north.
Sorry about our stupidity spreading north. Now where can I escape to in 2024?

U

User.45

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
These people aren't this stupid. These people think their constituents are. Fauci's salary is public record.

My MR Frenemy called Fauci an "overpaid bureaucrat". This guy would make 3-times this in academia and 10x in industry.

I think the Senator was asking about his financial disclosures, though indeed he did start the interrogation talking about his salary, giant fake check included.

While it is kind of shocking to see a government employee making $435k per year, he is indeed an MD and an accomplished one at that. It’s definitely well above what your average immunologist makes, certainly one working at the VA. But he’s prominent in his field and he’s also 81 years old- most doctors, or non-doctors, obviously don’t work till that age. (BTW, he looks and sounds great for being 81). If the government wants one of the most prominent experts working for them, their has to be an incentive. Otherwise people will go elsewhere.

I find the the most annoying comment “when was the last time you treated a patient”. Clearly Fauci has devoted his career and has made a new for himself in research, not working in an outpatient office.

Anyways, like all other high level government employees, Fauci has to disclose his financials and is bound by rules. His disclosure can be found here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7014520-Fauci-Disclosure
Skimming through it very quickly, it mostly looks like mutual funds. Frankly, I am more suspicious of house members and senators financial conflicts of interest.

The accusation that doctors are profiting from pharma companies is kind of an old trope at this point. That said, I imagine a large percentage of doctors have stocks in medical companies, perhaps because they have some understanding of this specific market. I have plenty of stock in healthcare-related companies, but never once have I ever considered that being a factor in patient treatment. In fact, I own stock in companies I absolutely loath, ie CVS- frankly IMO one of the biggest detriments to healthcare in modern times and usually the last pharmacy I recommend if asked for an opinion. I don’t even get my own prescriptions there.

That’s not to say there aren’t conflicts of interest between government employees/officials and the for-profit healthcare industry. The FDA is pretty notorious for being a revolving door between high level pharma employees and FDA officials. But in the case of Fauci, as far as I’m aware he’s basically worked for the NIH his entire career. And I would assume there is far less corrupt corporate pressure for someone issuing grants on behalf of the NIH than there is someone determining whether to approve or deny or recall a drug at the FDA.

I’ll be honest I have some mixed feelings about Tony Fauci throughout this pandemic. Let’s just say people like to either make him out to be a living saint or an evil tyrant. Like most people in the world he has his flaws and has made mistakes. Some of his responses to questioning about the lab leak hypothesis concern me. But in terms of the pandemic response, of which he is a top health advisor, I think he is doing what he believes is right. And no one can always be right.

To try to criticize the guy for getting paid a high salary despite being extremely accomplished is insane. Should that senator be ostracized for making $175k per year? To insinuate financial corruption with zero evidence (and apparently without even making the attempt obtain his disclosures) is just a manifestation of rampant toxic tribalism in the name of trying to virtue signal the whole anti-vax, anti-mask ideology.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
To try to criticize the guy for getting paid a high salary despite being extremely accomplished is insane. Should that senator be ostracized for making $175k per year?

Given what we know about Republican politicians and mouthpieces in general, it is safe to say that the "corruption" that Fauci is being accused of is something of which the Senator himself is guilty.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’m so disappointed I could cry. This clinic is her general women’s wellness and sexual health location, and they also offer medical spa treatments.

Something told me she’d changed when I said I couldn’t bring the kids around until they’d been vaccinated and the vibe in the room got weird. She’d never been the quack doctor type, so this is all so out of left field.

😡

U

User.45

I think the Senator was asking about his financial disclosures, though indeed he did start the interrogation talking about his salary, giant fake check included.

While it is kind of shocking to see a government employee making $435k per year, he is indeed an MD and an accomplished one at that. It’s definitely well above what your average immunologist makes, certainly one working at the VA. But he’s prominent in his field and he’s also 81 years old- most doctors, or non-doctors, obviously don’t work till that age. (BTW, he looks and sounds great for being 81). If the government wants one of the most prominent experts working for them, their has to be an incentive. Otherwise people will go elsewhere.
It's a joke. You can't even take a shit at the NIH without an ethics review. It's called National InstituteS of Health and the guy is running one of these Institutes. I know people making comparable salaries to him in private practice, fresh out of training. He'd been taken down decades ago if he had problematic dealings.** The whole questioning is so ridiculous, it just reflects what these politicians think about their constituents' cognitive capabilities.

It's also hilarious to see Trump on the right side of an argument going after DeSantis who sidestepped when asked whether he got a booster. Of course he got a booster, his wife has cancer. But DeSantis feels that pandering to antivaxxers is more important than leading by example. Well, again, these things tell you all about what these folks think about their voters.

**Even better, Fauci's wife works at the NIH too so her dealings are also public record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Who started calling it "the jab"? I understand that jab means to poke, but it's a fucking shot. Call it a shot.

If you call it "the jab" we can't be friends.

Top Bottom
1 2