COVID Stupid

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Freedom of Speech!

umm, unless you say what we don't want to hear

Orange County Medical Director Dr. Raul Pino wrote an email to staff on Jan. 4th encouraging them to get vaccinated … (then) he was placed on administrative leave. … Florida Department of Health has confirmed Pino was put on leave because, “the decision to get vaccinated is a personal choice that should be free from coercion and mandates from employers.” … (and) it’s even conducting an inquiry into whether any laws were broken …

[redacted] I mean, [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]. I can only say [redacted]!

This is not "Covid Stupid", this is downright malicious.

U

User.45

Freedom of Speech!

umm, unless you say what we don't want to hear

Orange County Medical Director Dr. Raul Pino wrote an email to staff on Jan. 4th encouraging them to get vaccinated … (then) he was placed on administrative leave. … Florida Department of Health has confirmed Pino was put on leave because, “the decision to get vaccinated is a personal choice that should be free from coercion and mandates from employers.” … (and) it’s even conducting an inquiry into whether any laws were broken …

[redacted] I mean, [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]. I can only say [redacted]!

This is not "Covid Stupid", this is downright malicious.
DeSantis is on a roll. You guys will probably see what I mean in a few days.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
This fucking idiot

Christ almighty. If I was at Alaska Airlines I would ban her for life. What a selfish moron but I’m seeing so many people like that. A guy I know came back from Poland and had a cough. The guy he was travelling with tested positive so he didn’t bother testing and then flew out to Germany two days later. Absolute bellend who probably infected the whole flight.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Tie their ass down and duct tape the mask to their face, make an example of these idiots.

I think she should have been arrested and required to spend time in jail or doing community service. At the very least, she should be held responsible for the cost incurred by the airline and its passengers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think she should have been arrested and required to spend time in jail or doing community service. At the very least, she should be held responsible for the cost incurred by the airline and its passengers.
The problem is these people decide to take it off mid-flight and then refuse to put it back on. I say they treat treat them like the police treat those who spit and muzzle them, no tolerance for these assholes.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Prayers anyone?

She tweeted that she can't believe the stuff people are saying to her and she would never hurt anyone.

Her twitter timeline is literally full of hate and she is surprised people are dishing it back lol

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The problem is these people decide to take it off mid-flight and then refuse to put it back on. I say they treat treat them like the police treat those who spit and muzzle them, no tolerance for these assholes.

She wasn't even arrested. They were an hour and a half out and had to turn around. I hope they at least fine her for that crap. I'd be pissed if I were on my way to London and someone did this and we had to turn around.

U

User.45

I assume this has been posted before and I've just missed it. Regardless, this was an amusing find yesterday.

This website is just an excellent pictorial demonstration why Americans shouldn't expect the Swedish COVID model to work out in the USA.

(Average BMI is >30kg/m2 on this page).

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
She wasn't even arrested. They were an hour and a half out and had to turn around. I hope they at least fine her for that crap. I'd be pissed if I were on my way to London and someone did this and we had to turn around.
When I took the train from way over yonder to back here in September, the attendants repeated went on PA to advise everyone about masks. What they told us was that if you refused to abide by the policy, you would find yourself in the next town (very likely north BFE) and your name would be on the list, meaning you would be banned from trains, planes and probably buses, for, like, ever. So, arresting her might be superfluous.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
When I took the train from way over yonder to back here in September, the attendants repeated went on PA to advise everyone about masks. What they told us was that if you refused to abide by the policy, you would find yourself in the next town (very likely north BFE) and your name would be on the list, meaning you would be banned from trains, planes and probably buses, for, like, ever. So, arresting her might be superfluous.
When I travel on Amtrak the usual conductor does not play. She makes detailed announcements for each stop (grateful for her constant reminder about the Quiet Car rules as well). She will not check your ticket if your mask is on improperly She will wait until you wear it properly. She will not allow nonsense about masks being off while eating if she notices you're not "actively" eating/drinking. Last time I was on her train she informed someone that his 2nd mask warning was his last as she would have him removed the next time it was below his nose or on his chin. I have sympathy for retail workers and front-facing service workers that have to enforce COVID rules. But I also am very grateful for those workers that are strong, consistent enforcers.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Tie their ass down and duct tape the mask to their face, make an example of these idiots.

Imagine being on that flight and having all your plans messed up because of a selfish prick like that. I’d have to fight them when it got back to Miami, I’d be furious.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I confess I've kind of stepped away & tried to avoid this shit of late, but...

Carhartt is a popular brand amongst some of the supposed "libertarian" crowd that's all about NOT being told what to do. So while I missed what precipitated all of this, I can believe the end result. More of the easily triggered "F your feelings" crowd because a company decided to do what they wanted, and it wasn't what this crowd wanted them to do.

As if Carhartt or Nike give a rat's rear end if you burn stuff you already paid for from either company.

Sheesh! Let me guess, Carhartt is also probably "woke" now as well. :rolleyes:

U

User.45

Carhartt is a popular brand amongst some of the supposed "libertarian" crowd that's all about NOT being told what to do. So while I missed what precipitated all of this, I can believe the end result. More of the easily triggered "F your feelings" crowd because a company decided to do what they wanted, and it wasn't what this crowd wanted them to do.

As if Carhartt or Nike give a rat's rear end if you burn stuff you already paid for from either company.

This is hilarious:D The RW anger re cancel culture is hilarious in general. Their only real concern about it is they can't weaponize it as well as young (i.e. liberal) people do. They tried though, like I remember when they tried to cancel Metallica when I was a kid, LOL. Panned out quite well...

The thing about "cancel culture" (political value based brand boycott) is that it requires political memory.
Now, when RW politicians try to rewrite things that happened as recently as a few weeks prior and get away with it tells a lot about what they think how long their voters' memory lasts. On one hand, it's really smart to strategically take over a population that requires the least effort and consistency to keep on the hook. OTOH, good luck getting them involved in activism that requires high-scale consistency.

Carhartt's gonna be just fine, if not even better off, LOL.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

I know nothing about Carhartt the company. I just know last year someone got me a handful of Carhartt t-shirts and I love them. They seem thicker than a normal t-shirt. And most of my length is in my torso, not my legs. So normal t-shirts tend to not be long enough. My Carhartts fit perfectly, even after a year of use (many "tall" t-shirts just shrink up after a handful of washes).

I was cringing when I saw that video last night. But after watching it, I was pleased to learn they're getting crap for doing good, not evil. (y)

Top Bottom
1 2