COVID Stupid

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Lastly, I agree with @Alli and @SuperMatt, we don't need nurses who don't believe in vaccines. We might be better off with them looking for another profession.

Yet it was these same people who took care of "us" during the early stages of the pandemic putting their lives and their family's lives at risk and we are just saying FU to them. Good luck getting them to help the next time China releases a virus on us.

And let's be real. Is anyone really going to say to a Dr. in an emergency situation "You aren't vaccinated, don't touch me". Are you really willing to die because the Dr. or nurse is not vaccinated? I seriously doubt it. Talk about stupid.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Good luck getting them to help the next time China releases a virus on us.

Assuming for a second that China did purposefully released this virus, the antivax, anti quarantine pushback against it has only served to show them just how effective such a weapon would be against us.

It's not like any of our greatest patriots or loudest politicians have taken any great strides to protect the country against it. Quite the opposite, in fact. Instead of taking cover, and applying proper tactics to the situation, they proudly stood in the line of fire, proclaiming they're not afraid of a little lead poisoning.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Assuming for a second that China did purposefully released this virus, the antivax, anti quarantine pushback against it has only served to show them just how effective such a weapon would be against us.

Please show exactly where I stated China did it on purpose.

But you are correct in that it does show them how vulnerable we would be.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How else am I supposed to take this?

Any way you want. If I meant China as a political entity, I would have used the term CCP. This wasn't the first time a virus has originated in China and probably won't be the last as long as they allow the wet markets to operate.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Any way you want. If I meant China as a political entity, I would have used the term CCP. This wasn't the first time a virus has originated in China and probably won't be the last as long as they allow the wet markets to operate.

I dunno why anyone would want to eat a pangolin anyway.

Regardless if it where it came from, or whether it was done on purpose or not, the fact that we now consider our responses and treatments to virulent diseases as yet another political wedge issue just goes to show that EVERYTHING is political these days, and we're all kinda fucked.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yet it was these same people who took care of "us" during the early stages of the pandemic putting their lives and their family's lives at risk and we are just saying FU to them.
First of all we didn't have a good way to combat the virus at the beginning other than PPE. They were pretty much all on the front line with some tinfoil body armor. Now we have an incredibly effective solution but some refuse it. Second (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I'm pretty sure nurses are required to have several other vaccines and had no problem with getting those, but they are against the COVID vaccine because of misinformation and conspiracy bullshit. How stupid. What a strange hill to die on. We are not saying FU to them. Their decision not only affects them, but everyone around them in a very dangerous way. They are saying FU to everyone around them. There are consequences to your actions.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Yet it was these same people who took care of "us" during the early stages of the pandemic putting their lives and their family's lives at risk and we are just saying FU to them. Good luck getting them to help the next time China releases a virus on us.

And let's be real. Is anyone really going to say to a Dr. in an emergency situation "You aren't vaccinated, don't touch me". Are you really willing to die because the Dr. or nurse is not vaccinated? I seriously doubt it. Talk about stupid.
Are you calling a doctor stupid? I’m not sure you know what the word means.

Gotta love the “china releasing a virus on us” nonsense too. You’re really knocking it out of the park today.

How’s life under the bridge?

U

User.45

It's not like any of our greatest patriots or loudest politicians have taken any great strides to protect the country against it. Quite the opposite, in fact. Instead of taking cover, and applying proper tactics to the situation, they proudly stood in the line of fire, proclaiming they're not afraid of a little lead poisoning.
Exactly, if someone really believes that COVID-19 was indirect act of bioterrorism, making sure we are as vulnerable to the pathogen as possible would be an act of treason.

You mean to get my wife or me help you in a situation like this?:) Hint, trying not to be so fucking stupid helps. If this concern was honest you’d already had cut your bullshit, lol. You are a phony:)

Bbbbut Where’s muh medical freedumb to chose a competent provider?! Another bullshit scenario out your ass:) keep it coming, this thread is about you

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Exactly, if someone really believes that COVID-19 was indirect act of bioterrorism, making sure we are as vulnerable to the pathogen as possible would be an act of treason.

You mean to get my wife or me help you in a situation like this?:) Hint, trying not to be so fucking stupid helps. If this concern was honest you’d already had cut your bullshit, lol. You are a phony:)

Bbbbut Where’s muh medical freedumb to chose a competent provider?! Another bullshit scenario out your ass:) keep it coming, this thread is about you
Here’s a doctor that won’t be working at UCLA anymore.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Are you calling a doctor stupid? I’m not sure you know what the word means.

How’s life under the bridge?

If a Dr. willing to die vs being treated by an unvaccinated person isn't stupid, then you may be correct in that I don't understand what it means.

Nice and cool. A bit damp though.

U

User.45

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I will say this, some of you need to get out of your bubbles. People outside of your circles think different ways. You don't have to agree with them, but you need to at least acknowledge they exist.

This poll is 6 months old, but it shows that Americans 58-18, with 34ud think the virus came from a lab, not a bat. Now since Republicans only make up 35%ish of the electorate, you can't blame this solely on them.

Freedom has nothing to do with it. If you are traveling and have an accident, is "are you vaccinated" the first question you are going to ask the paramedic?

U

User.45

Are physicians so specialized that an anesthesiologist truly doesn’t understand virology at all? Or is this guy just seeking attention and maybe a commentator spot on Fox?
No, these are very very very basic things.
People pretend like workers with direct patient contact haven’t been compliant with mandatory annual flu shots since forever… some of those shots had way lower efficacy than the COVid shots

Renzatic

Reaction score
I will say this, some of you need to get out of your bubbles. People outside of your circles think different ways.

And what other school of thought is there on this subject? People who work around and care for sick people on a daily basis are more likely to contract a virus, spreading it other sick people under their care, and thus have a more compelling reason to be vaccinated than your average person. But...

...what? I'm trying to see an exception here that makes sense. Maybe you could enlighten me on the subject.

U

User.45

I will say this, some of you need to get out of your bubbles. People outside of your circles think different ways. You don't have to agree with them, but you need to at least acknowledge they exist.

This poll is 6 months old, but it shows that Americans 58-18, with 34ud think the virus came from a lab, not a bat. Now since Republicans only make up 35%ish of the electorate, you can't blame this solely on them.

Freedom has nothing to do with it. If you are traveling and have an accident, is "are you vaccinated" the first question you are going to ask the paramedic?
Interestingly that would be the same proportion to the Americans who believe angels are real. Do we think now that reality is defined by popularity of concepts?:) You’re also totally contradicting yourself, you propose it’s a bubble issue but you also suggest it’s not a bubble issue.

You mean I shouldn’t be concerned about people meeting the minimum requirements of the job they are doing? Do you ask your doctor whether they have a license?

Also, ANSWER: if COVID is bioterrorism isn’t vaccination patriotic?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yet it was these same people who took care of "us" during the early stages of the pandemic putting their lives and their family's lives at risk and we are just saying FU to them.

If they're refusing a vaccination, they're already saying a big FU to me and society. So first off, I'm absolutely fine saying FU to them. I literally have no issues with that at all. Their consequences are a result of their actions, not mine. I'm not going to feel guilty about the choices they made. Regardless of what they might have done a year ago, today they are most definitely NOT "taking care of us".

I work in healthcare. Not directly with patients, but regardless, we're required to be 100% vaccinated. You know how many people I've heard complain about all the good people we might lose? None. 0. Zilch. My boss did bring the topic up at our last happy hour, and no one cared enough to talk about it. Couldn't even get that conversation off the ground. This is about us getting back to normal, not protecting the rights of the stupid. I don't know how that translates to other professions or groups of people, but in the case of my job and the people I work with, no one seems to care.

You seem to want to paint these people as heroes. And to be fair, they may have performed heroically. But that doesn't earn them special privilege to do the wrong thing now. They get no free passes to keep this nonsense going. They don't get to freely infect 1 person for every 10 punches on their Hero card. The time they've spent fighting this are worth no bonus points when it comes to their opinions.

On a completely unrelated topic, every time my sister spouts off some nonsense on Facebook, you seem to show up here with the same arguments. I find that to be an interesting coincidence and it makes me wonder what your source might be. I think you two might be feeding off the same plate of disinformation. You might want to check your sources. Garbage in, garbage out is a real thing.

Top Bottom
1 2