COVID Stupid

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I will apologize for that one. I was going through several sources and didn't realize the DC was one of them. I am trying not use those sources.
I don’t mind the source - it shows everything we need to know. Who is covering the story? What is their angle? You can post right-wing sources all day unless you are trying to make a presumably factual statement (such as effectiveness of vaccines or the science on climate change)… THEN I care about the veracity of the source. As for coverage of a political rally or some nonsense? Please post the right-wing sources so I can see their spin and get some insight into why people could ever believe that an angry white mob wearing anti-MSM t-shirts, F-Biden signs, etc. could POSSIBLY be a mob of Democrats.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
People blame the GOP for being anti-vax in general. I don't necessarily agree, but it is what it is.
Look at DeSantis and Abbott. They are major figures in the GOP, possibly both with presidential ambitions, and in charge of 2 of the largest states in America. They are vehemently anti-vaccine and anti-mask. Vaccination rates directly correspond with political party. This is a sad state of affairs, because it doesn’t need to be this way. The GOP decided they don’t care how many people die… they just want to score political points by “PWNING” Fauci and Biden. And the GOP sheep line up for the slaughter.

Only 14% of Americans say they will definitely not get vaccinated. But this group is 69% white, compared with 7% Black and 12% Hispanic. Republicans make up 58% of this group, while Democrats account for 18%.
But sure, how dare we blame the GOP for something they definitely are responsible for?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yes it is out of line. Let me guess, because the protesters are in NYC, you assume they are democrats or some nonsense like that?

Check out the NY Post coverage of the event. Then tell me that’s a group of Democrats. Come on dude, are you even trying? Absolutely pathetic, lazy attempt.

#anattemptwasmade

Now I get to ask if you even read the article?

Anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the board chair of Children’s Health Defense, addressed the crowd of about 900 and said, “the vaccine is not safe and effective.”

If you click the link on Anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. it will take you to another story which says this:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the left’s most prominent anti-vaxxer — wait, doesn’t the left despise all things anti-vax? — has a new book, a big feature in Town & Country online, and a starring role on op-ed pages agitating for parole for his father’s assassin.

So a left-wing speaker is at the event, and addresses the crowd, yeah I am going to think there are some Dems in it. You may not.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Look at DeSantis and Abbott. They are major figures in the GOP, possibly both with presidential ambitions, and in charge of 2 of the largest states in America. They are vehemently anti-vaccine and anti-mask.

I would not agree that DeSantis and Abbott are anti-vaccine. They are anti-mandate. There is a difference.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Now I get to ask if you even read the article?

If you click the link on Anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy Jr. it will take you to another story which says this:

So a left-wing speaker is at the event, and addresses the crowd, yeah I am going to think there are some Dems in it. You may not.
Robert F Kennedy is not a left-wing speaker. He’s a long time anti-vax nutbag. He’s been on that crazy train for more than a decade, claiming vaccines cause autism.

Come on, man…

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I would not agree that DeSantis and Abbott are anti-vaccine. They are anti-mandate. There is a difference.
Not when it comes to infecting others there isn't, they're explicitly and knowingly allowing this virus to spread and as a result those of us who want to do the right thing end up needing boosters and extra protection, not to mention they're a breeding ground for this thing to mutate. In the end it's a needlessly selfish act that has life and death consequences.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
No, there fucking isn’t. As pointed out many times to you, to beat the disease, we need to get 70-80% of everybody vaccinated at least. You don’t know jack shit about public health, and yet continually ignore scientists and doctors in favor of your own take on things… why? Only one reason. You are brainwashed by GOP propaganda. Baaaa…. 🐑

You are the perfect example of why I blame the GOP for COVID getting so bad. If you didn’t need the vaccine to see your mother, you admit you would not have gotten it… even though you’ve gotten many other vaccines in your life. It’s all due to propaganda.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No, there fucking isn’t. As pointed out many times to you, to beat the disease, we need to get 70-80% of everybody vaccinated at least. You don’t know jack shit about public health, and yet continually ignore scientists and doctors in favor of your own take on things… why? Only one reason. You are brainwashed by GOP propaganda. Baaaa…. 🐑

I agree with that. I just prefer the carrot, you prefer the stick.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I know many won't agree with this, but Fauci is doing the administration no favors. People don't want or need permission from the government to get together with their family. And stuff like this just pisses them off whether you will acknowledge it or not.

"I believe strongly that -- particularly in the vaccinated people, if you’re vaccinated and your family members are vaccinated, those who are eligible, that is obviously very young children and not yet eligible, that you can enjoy the holidays.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know many won't agree with this, but Fauci is doing the administration no favors. People don't want or need permission from the government to get together with their family. And stuff like this just pisses them off whether you will acknowledge it or not.

Oh, the anti-vax people are pissed? Who gives a fucking fuck? THEY are the reason we still all have to wear masks. THEY are the reason hospitals are overflowing. THEY are the reason healthcare workers are so overworked and stressed that they quit the profession.

They have ZERO right to be angry. Plus, as we’ve seen CONSISTENTLY during this pandemic, they aren’t going to obey the rules, and they already hate Fauci with a red-hot passion simply because he dared to disagree with their fat orange cult leader.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Oh, the anti-vax people are pissed?
No, people who don't want the government telling them who they can assemble with and when. It is very elitist no matter the reason. That is my point.

He could have said what he said in a number of different ways, yet he took the authoritarian route that will not play in much of the country.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
No, people who don't want the government telling them who they can assemble with and when.
Well, the government CAN do that for public health reasons. But if you actually read the article you posted about Fauci (hahahaha yeah right) you will see it’s a recommendation, not a requirement. So… the government is not telling them who they can assemble with and when. Again, you didn’t read the f-ing article.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bullshit. Aren’t you the guy bitching about San Francisco isn’t tough enough on crime? You’re pretty supportive of the “stick” in that case.
I would also question the "stick" reference. If they choose not to get the vaccine and lose their job, it's a choice they're making. All anyone is saying is you cannot knowingly put others at risk and allow the virus to mutate. If you want to sit at home and bitch about the government on your antivaxx FB page all day long, you can, it's also a choice you can make.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for these people anymore. if you choose to not listen to your doctor about a vaccine but everything else you are a IDOT. if you choose to suffering most likely die because you listen and use Facebook to make your medical decisions you are a IDIOT. if you choose the above and claim religion reasons you are a IDIOT.

Cleveland Clinic denies woman liver transplant over COVID vaccine refusal: ‘It was heartbreaking’​

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't feel sorry for these people anymore. if you choose to not listen to your doctor about a vaccine but everything else you are a IDOT. if you choose to suffering most likely die because you listen and use Facebook to make your medical decisions you are a IDIOT. if you choose the above and claim religion reasons you are a IDIOT.

Cleveland Clinic denies woman liver transplant over COVID vaccine refusal: ‘It was heartbreaking’​

As I quoted above, the consensus is that if you don't get the vaccine, you'll likely get COVID. I don't know the survival rate of those with transplants but even the slightest infection of any kind can be deadly to them. They're probably making a calculated decision to give the liver to someone who will survive it.

U

User.45

Well, the government CAN do that for public health reasons. But if you actually read the article you posted about Fauci (hahahaha yeah right) you will see it’s a recommendation, not a requirement. So… the government is not telling them who they can assemble with and when. Again, you didn’t read the f-ing article.
I would also question the "stick" reference. If they choose not to get the vaccine and lose their job, it's a choice they're making. All anyone is saying is you cannot knowingly put others at risk and allow the virus to mutate. If you want to sit at home and bitch about the government on your antivaxx FB page all day long, you can, it's also a choice you can make.
Time to stop engaging liars and shitposters...:)

My post from May

I've also posted data in the past about how about ≥90% of the highest vaccinated congressional districts are represented by Democrats and ≥90% of lowest vaccinated districts have a GOP representation. Which objectively makes the antivaxx movement a GOP issue, even if we assume that the entire matter is confounded by education level. Despite some efforts to obfuscate, it's a done discussion with very clear indicators.

Source:

And just to be clear that this is recognized by GOP members too:
Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio), who co-chairs the Congress’ GOP Doctors Caucus, said he has focused on understanding and responding to vaccine hesitancy in conservative communities across the country and his Cincinnati district, where 42 percent of residents have received at least a first shot — about 9 percentage points behind the national pace. He has sat in on focus groups with Donald Trump supporters and has cut a public service announcement with fellow Republican physicians in Congress.

Last edited by a moderator:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
As I quoted above, the consensus is that if you don't get the vaccine, you'll likely get COVID. I don't know the survival rate of those with transplants but even the slightest infection of any kind can be deadly to them. They're probably making a calculated decision to give the liver to someone who will survive it.
20 to 40% chance covid will cause serious issues or death. so yes there is a big reason why they want them vaccinated.

U

User.45

20 to 40% chance covid will cause serious issues or death. so yes there is a big reason why they want them vaccinated.
Correct, they take medications to suppress their immune system to prevent transplant rejection. Getting the vaccine in prior to immune suppression gives them the best chance to mount a response. If this person gets COVID, the managing team would have to make decisions about risking transplant rejection by holding immunosuppressing drugs, or risk death by COVID by continuing those drugs. Even if the person decides to get the shot eventually, once on immunosuppressants, they will be much less likely to mount a response. So yeah, the managing team's decision is logical and the person refusing the shot prefers to die as a medical freedom fighter than they can do it freely.

Top Bottom
1 2