COVID Stupid

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
8B83537D-CC97-4F9C-B05E-46B88C10FEF7.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for these people anymore. if you choose to not listen to your doctor about a vaccine but everything else you are a IDOT. i

Does that advice also apply for those who's doctors advise against the vaccine for health reasons?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does that advice also apply for those who's doctors advise against the vaccine for health reasons?
is that what I said? nope their doctors told them they had to be vaccinated. they chose to believe fake info over their doctors advice. I have seen at least two pother people loose their transplant opportunity because they would not get vaccinated against their doctors advice.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The number of people who have been medically advised against the vaccine is infinitesimal. I wish people would stop bringing that up.

It is. But they still do exist.

It's the same person that brought this up 3 times by now and received responses from 2 physicians. These aren't real questions.

So are you saying there are no legitimate contraindications for the vaccines?

Simple Yes or No question.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Mandates are starting to work. Vaccine rates are up, and unsurprisingly, cases and deaths are going down.

WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Vaccination rates against COVID-19 in the United States have risen by more than 20 percentage points after multiple institutions adopted vaccine requirements, while case numbers and deaths from the virus are down, Biden administration officials said on Wednesday.

White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters that 77% of eligible Americans had received at least one shot of a vaccine.

Vaccination rates went up thanks to mandates put into place by private businesses, healthcare systems, social institutions and state and local governments, he said in a briefing.

U

User.45

Mandates are starting to work. Vaccine rates are up, and unsurprisingly, cases and deaths are going down.

Stress test #1 was the start of the school year. Stress test #2 will be when the cold weather arrives nationwide. You can see that with the vaccinations the waves got delayed by a month or two. I'm curious whether population immunity or virus seasonality will win out later this fall.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I know many won't agree with this, but Fauci is doing the administration no favors. People don't want or need permission from the government to get together with their family. And stuff like this just pisses them off whether you will acknowledge it or not.

Your opening phase is accurate.

How anyone can read the article you posted or listen to what Dr. Fauci said today and conclude what you did is beyond comprehension. I read the article and watched the ABC News segment. He wasn't giving permission, he was providing guidance to vaccinated people who aren't sure what's safe and what isn't. If I recall correctly, you said you were vaccinated so you could visit your mom in an assisted living facility. If a knowledgeable physician like Dr. Fauci had advised you that you would be putting your mother at risk despite vaccination, would you still have visited her?

People are free to engage in behaviors that put themselves at risk as long as doing so doesn't endanger others. So, for example, you can pick and eat mushrooms even if you don't know which ones are safe. If you get sick or die, it's on you. (I've seen patients who succumbed after doing this.) But if you own a restaurant and serve poisonous mushrooms to customers, you're putting them in danger. In many cases, society has determined that there is a public health interest in enacting requirements that benefit individuals, such as mandatory seat belts or helmets for motorcycle riders.

No, what Dr. Fauci did was a service to Americans, just like when people with a particular disease ask their physician if a particular activity is safe. It's something we do routinely in medicine. Unfortunately, many people have decided to go against the preponderance of medical advice because they heard something on Fox News or did their own "research" through Google.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Your opening phase is accurate.

How anyone can read the article you posted or listen to what Dr. Fauci said today and conclude what you did is beyond comprehension. I read the article and watched the ABC News segment. He wasn't giving permission, he was providing guidance to vaccinated people who aren't sure what's safe and what isn't. If I recall correctly, you said you were vaccinated so you could visit your mom in an assisted living facility. If a knowledgeable physician like Dr. Fauci had advised you that you would be putting your mother at risk despite vaccination, would you still have visited her?

People are free to engage in behaviors that put themselves at risk as long as doing so doesn't endanger others. So, for example, you can pick and eat mushrooms even if you don't know which ones are safe. If you get sick or die, it's on you. (I've seen patients who succumbed after doing this.) But if you own a restaurant and serve poisonous mushrooms to customers, you're putting them in danger. In many cases, society has determined that there is a public health interest in enacting requirements that benefit individuals, such as mandatory seat belts or helmets for motorcycle riders.

No, what Dr. Fauci did was a service to Americans, just like when people with a particular disease ask their physician if a particular activity is safe. It's something we do routinely in medicine. Unfortunately, many people have decided to go against the preponderance of medical advice because they heard something on Fox News or did their own "research" through Google.
1634512788760.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Battle against COVID personal (and difficult) for Potter County judge​

POTTER COUNTY, Texas — For Potter County Judge Nancy Tanner, the fight against COVID-19 is very personal. She’s not only lost a number of friends and acquaintances to the disease, it’s a daily part of her job.
“I just did a probate of a guy… his dying words were, ‘I wish I had got the shot,’” Judge Tanner recalled on Inside Texas Politics.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I guess the solution is to stay home and not got to the hospital.​

Utah Protesters Claim Hospitals Are Killing People Who Have COVID​

And infected patients coming into the hospital are much more hostile than they were before.​

Top Bottom
1 2