COVID Stupid

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the wife of a man who ignored medical experts and sued demanding she get ivermectin for Covid still alive? Neigh
I was feeling all judgy for a minute, but the article doesn’t mention if she was vaccinated or not.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I'll keep it in mind next time you get caught on an "inconsistency."

Well you know what they say about "A foolish consistency........"

Anyway, it is not inconsistent.

There are multiple variables here and even more combinations.

The origination:

1. Natural
2. Man-made

The release:

A. Natural
B. Accidental
C. On purpose

So the combinations would be:

1A. Naturally occurring and spread to humans in the wet markets.
1B. Occurred naturally, but was being studied with our tax-dollars in a lab and accidentally got out.
1C. Occurred naturally, but was being studied in a lab and was released on purpose.
2A. Not likely, might not even been possible
2B. Virus was lab created, but released accidentally.
2C. Virus was lab created and released on purpose.

So based on these combinations, I am still correct in that we don't know how it came about and was still released on purpose. Maybe if the CCP had been a bit more open with their data we would know more.

I found that post holographically hilarious. If we could expect this request to be fulfilled he couldn't complain about his well-known post history getting him on an ignore list that he also seems quite irritated about. At the end of the day it's all about pretending to be a victim of some sort, while spewing malignant nonsense.

Not irritated at all, just a bit confused. To be honest, not really sure how the whole "Ignore Posts" works as I have never done it. Do you see that I posted, but the content is covered so you have to accept to view it or do you not even see I posted anything? If it is covered, yet you have to accept to see, which you obviously have done, why are you ignoring something that you end up seeing anyway. It just makes no sense.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
They problem is that the NG has a different setup than the regular Army. Each state’s guard is led by the TAG, but the TAG is not necessarily a military person, just a political appointment. We had one here in AL for a short while, whose first experience in uniform was when he was appointed. I think that was the one that I got in trouble for criticizing. It was worth it.

So am I correct in that no one in the Army COC has any power over anyone in the NG until formally activated by the Secretary of the Army for a Federal Mission?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well you know what they say about "A foolish consistency........"

Anyway, it is not inconsistent.

There are multiple variables here and even more combinations.

The origination:

1. Natural
2. Man-made

The release:

A. Natural
B. Accidental
C. On purpose

So the combinations would be:

1A. Naturally occurring and spread to humans in the wet markets.
1B. Occurred naturally, but was being studied with our tax-dollars in a lab and accidentally got out.
1C. Occurred naturally, but was being studied in a lab and was released on purpose.
2A. Not likely, might not even been possible
2B. Virus was lab created, but released accidentally.
2C. Virus was lab created and released on purpose.

So based on these combinations, I am still correct in that we don't know how it came about and was still released on purpose. Maybe if the CCP had been a bit more open with their data we would know more.
Keep in mind that although you list a lot of them, those possibilities are not of equal probability.

It is extremely unlikely that COVID was created in a lab, and also highly unlikely that it was released from a lab of any kind.

SARS-CoV-2 emerged essentially as predicted: a natural event associated with either direct transmission of a bat coronavirus to humans or indirect transmission to humans via an intermediate host such as a Malaysian pangolin (Manis javanica) or another, yet-to-be-identified mammal.2831

It should be clarified that theories about a hypothetical man-made origin of SARS-CoV-2 have been thoroughly discredited by multiple coronavirus experts.21,28,29 SARS-CoV-2 contains neither the genetic fingerprints of any of the reverse genetics systems that have been used to engineer coronaviruses nor does it contain genetic sequences that would have been “forward engineered” from preexisting viruses, including the genetically closest sarbecoviruses. That is, SARS-CoV-2 is unlike any previously identified coronavirus from which it could have been engineered. Moreover, the SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain, which has affinity for cells of various mammals, binds to human ACE2 receptors via a novel mechanism.

Engineering such a virus would have required 1) published or otherwise available scientific knowledge that did not exist until after COVID-19 recognition; 2) a failure to follow obvious engineering pathways, resulting in an imperfectly constructed virus; and 3) an ability to genetically engineer a new virus without leaving fingerprints of the engineering. Furthermore, the 12 amino acid furin-cleavage site insertion between the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein’s S1 and S2 domains, which some have alleged to be a sign of genetic engineering, is found in other bat and human coronaviruses in nature, probably arising via naturally occurring recombination.24

It is also highly unlikely that SARS-CoV-2 was released from a laboratory by accident because no laboratory had the virus nor did its genetic sequence exist in any sequence database before its initial GenBank deposition (early January 2020). China’s laboratory safety practices, policies, training, and engineering are equivalent to those of the United States and other developed countries,32 making viral “escape” extremely unlikely, and of course impossible without a viral isolate present. SARS-CoV-2 shares genetic properties with many other sarbecoviruses, lies fully within their genetic cluster, and is thus a virus that emerged naturally.

Also, the statement about China hiding information - it is possible they are hiding information. They have a very bad history when it comes to things like that. But scientists can tell a lot just from examining the virus. You should rely on that instead of assuming some evil geniuses engineered a deadly virus so well that other scientists cannot find the fingerprint of their supposed genetic engineering. Choose the science over trust/distrust of the Chinese government.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So am I correct in that no one in the Army COC has any power over anyone in the NG until formally activated by the Secretary of the Army for a Federal Mission?
Yes and no. They must follow all regular Army protocols…including vaccinations. That way they can fit in seamlessly with the “regular” Army when called up.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got my COVID booster (3rd Pfizer shot) yesterday at my grocery store. I’ve never seen this many people milling around the pharmacy before. I asked the nurse how many shots was she giving today, and she said about 60. This morning I woke up, and no adverse feelings, can I assume this is because my existing antibodies beat the vaccine up? ;) I will be swimming today.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another follow-up on this, check out the post I put in the general COVID thread.

TLDR; virus is almost certainly naturally occurring and first started affecting humans on Dec 11 in a Wuhan fish market.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I got my COVID booster (3rd Pfizer shot) yesterday at my grocery store. I’ve never seen this many people milling around the pharmacy before. I asked the nurse how many shots was she giving today, and she said about 60. This morning I woke up, and no adverse feelings, can I assume this is because my existing antibodies beat the vaccine up? ;) I will be swimming today.

I had a day of feeling under the weather on my booster, but of course I did a mix of mrna shots (Pfizer for the first 2, and then Moderna for the booster). Also one slight side effect is my thumb where I have had mild arthritis had a flare up about three days after. It has been subsiding, but it was really was noticeable at first.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a day of feeling under the weather on my booster, but of course I did a mix of mrna shots (Pfizer for the first 2, and then Moderna for the booster). Also one slight side effect is my thumb where I have had mild arthritis had a flare up about three days after. It has been subsiding, but it was really was noticeable at first.
Maybe that is good from an effectiveness aspect?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

What if we run out of Herman Cain awards? is there an unlimited supply?​

These Fools Thought a COVID Party Sounded Fun. Now They Are on Respirators.​

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that although you list a lot of them, those possibilities are not of equal probability.

It is extremely unlikely that COVID was created in a lab, and also highly unlikely that it was released from a lab of any kind.

Also, the statement about China hiding information - it is possible they are hiding information. They have a very bad history when it comes to things like that. But scientists can tell a lot just from examining the virus. You should rely on that instead of assuming some evil geniuses engineered a deadly virus so well that other scientists cannot find the fingerprint of their supposed genetic engineering. Choose the science over trust/distrust of the Chinese government.
As far as I know, there are no indicators that COVID-19 was man made. And if not man made more unlikely it would be in lab or just as likely that it was introduced by a dead animal at a market.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We need to treat Americans like Americans when it comes to Covid?

👏

I’ve not found anyone who would give up their socialized health care for a greed driven capitalis, corporatist system. My wife did a sleep study last night, $4700, after insurance paid a portion, a real bargain at $1200. :oops: If you had asked me how much a sleep study should cost, hook you up to a monitor and record while you sleep, I’d guess maybe $500 tops.

Top Bottom
1 2