COVID Stupid

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks! That includes others that sent positive vibes as well. At this point I don't how/where I got it. I always wear a mask and avoid places where there won't be heavy masking (especially when in Virginia). I suspect either Amtrak or my in-laws not being vigilant. Again, at this point it doesn't matter.

Just glad that I'm boosted and halfway through the meds. Caused GI issues the first couple days, and I've been super fatigued. But I hopeful that I'll be back to full strength by this weekend.

My PCP will check on my early next week to see where I'm at and assist me in scheduling a third booster.
Interesting about the GI issues, they're saying that Omicron causes that and one of the people I worked with got hit hard that way, too. It's also worth mentioning that with the new bivalent booster I definitely had side effects in my GI area that I never had with any of the other boosters.

In any case it sounds like you're recovering well, glad to hear that.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just woke up from my booster-induced coma. Got the shot this morning. Was a bit of a pain, since Stanford has people administering them this time who apparently don’t know what they are doing. They delayed opening for 15 minutes, didn’t know how to enter the information in the computer, and the jab hurt, unlike the flu shot I got 2 days ago or any of my prior covid shots. Also not sure they coded it into the system right, as it’s showing up weird in my digital file.

Side-effects this time around include crankiness, fur on my knuckles, and now I’m even more handsome.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I feel for your brother. Sending positive vibes.

I tested positive this weekend and have started on meds. >2 years being super vigilant -- always masked, and vaxxed & boosted -- meant nothing. I don't know if I caught it from recent travel to Virginia (first with absolutely no mask mandates in effect) or if my in-laws' foolishness is to "blame" for the infection. It is what it is.

I had already scheduled the bivalent booster, now it's delayed for at least three months. My PCP will be monitoring and advising after the special meds.

I think Biden just gave up as so many have COVID fatigue. I'm afraid that there will be a huge spike this Fall/Winter. Don't know what can be done with vaccines being widely available and people just giving up. There is not much to be done if people don't want to get boosted, let alone simply vaccinated.

450-500 dying daily doesn't signal an end to The Pandemic to me. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry to hear about your infection — I hope you recover quickly. I understand the frustration of getting COVID despite your vaccination and precautions, but I wouldn't say your efforts meant nothing. Among other things, you were likely spared more serious symptoms. As well, reducing the number of infections lowers the chance of long-term healthcare concerns.

I agree about people being "over it." Not that they would do this, but if the CDC or anyone in the administration tried to reinstate masking on public transport or any similar mitigation measure, it would cause an uproar and be ignored by many. We, collectively, have been our own worst enemies.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just woke up from my booster-induced coma. Got the shot this morning. Was a bit of a pain, since Stanford has people administering them this time who apparently don’t know what they are doing. They delayed opening for 15 minutes, didn’t know how to enter the information in the computer, and the jab hurt, unlike the flu shot I got 2 days ago or any of my prior covid shots. Also not sure they coded it into the system right, as it’s showing up weird in my digital file.

Side-effects this time around include crankiness, fur on my knuckles, and now I’m even more handsome.
Responses are so idiosyncratic. I haven't had much if any pain from any of my five vaccinations so far. I did have a day of fatigue and fever, but less than with prior shots. As for the other side effects, especially the fur, please report them to VAERS. Seriously, I bet that would show up on a conspiracy site quickly.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Responses are so idiosyncratic. I haven't had much if any pain from any of my five vaccinations so far. I did have a day of fatigue and fever, but less than with prior shots. As for the other side effects, especially the fur, please report them to VAERS. Seriously, I bet that would show up on a conspiracy site quickly.
TBH, I may have already had fur on my knuckles. Not sure, but I think what happened is that the booster vaccine cured my hereditary knuckle blindness.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Responses are so idiosyncratic

So are the remarks ahead of a jab by the person about to apply it, versus what actually happens. I don't mind needles really, but I suppose my brain has some kind of response ready to roll when the tech says "this might sting a little" -- and then I barely feel it?! When they say "this won't hurt, just relax" though, I have a tendency to override whatever my brain has in mind and I probably tense up and then I do feel it. Got lucky w/ my covid sticks, hope that applies to flu shot in October and another covid booster. But they will be what they will be. Better the stick than the illness they're meant to prevent.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
So are the remarks ahead of a jab by the person about to apply it, versus what actually happens. I don't mind needles really, but I suppose my brain has some kind of response ready to roll when the tech says "this might sting a little" -- and then I barely feel it?! When they say "this won't hurt, just relax" though, I have a tendency to override whatever my brain has in mind and I probably tense up and then I do feel it. Got lucky w/ my covid sticks, hope that applies to flu shot in October and another covid booster. But they will be what they will be. Better the stick than the illness they're meant to prevent.
I'm getting both flu and the latest Covid booster (my 5th Covid jab) this Friday. I very much abhor needles. I have a tendency to pull away so really have to focus on not moving. I know it will be over faster that way, lol.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I felt the stick pretty good with the latest bivalent booster, then it abated after about 10 minutes and after about 3 or 4 hours it was sore for the next couple of days but this is typical for me. Also, the side effects usually don't hit for about 24 hours or so.

I got my flu jab yesterday (a week after my COVID) and it stung goin in as well but did not get sore again so I lucked out, I always get side effects from this one the same day so most of the time I was warm and having a lot of hot flashes, I also always get a metallic taste with it for some reason. Symptoms were very mild though and they're saying the efficacy this year is around 90% so it's totally worth it.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I got my flu jab yesterday (a week after my COVID) and it stung goin in as well but did not get sore again so I lucked out, I always get side effects from this one the same day so most of the time I was warm and having a lot of hot flashes, I also always get a metallic taste with it for some reason. Symptoms were very mild though and they're saying the efficacy this year is around 90% so it's totally worth it.
When I got my flu shot a week ago, it was the first time I felt the sting. I absolutely hate needles and usually zone out. I usually have to be told it's over. This time it was as if I could feel the shot entering my arm. And I was achy and fatigued on my walk home (about a 4-mile roundtrip to CVS). When I started feeling the effects of COVID, I thought it was the reemergence of the Flu shot. Super glad to be vexed and boosted because I can't imagine what would have happened had I not been.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When I got my flu shot a week ago, it was the first time I felt the sting. I absolutely hate needles and usually zone out. I usually have to be told it's over. This time it was as if I could feel the shot entering my arm. And I was achy and fatigued on my walk home (about a 4-mile roundtrip to CVS). When I started feeling the effects of COVID, I thought it was the reemergence of the Flu shot. Super glad to be vexed and boosted because I can't imagine what would have happened had I not been.
I have to tell you this is my biggest fear, getting the shot and not knowing whether or not the symptoms are from the jab (even though I get yours was for flu) or the actual virus. I tried to time it when I was around people the least the week before but I still could've been exposed because I was out. Sorry this happened, I don't know how we can avoid it entirely even when you took every precaution.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have to tell you this is my biggest fear, getting the shot and not knowing whether or not the symptoms are from the jab (even though I get yours was for flu) or the actual virus. I tried to time it when I was around people the least the week before but I still could've been exposed because I was out. Sorry this happened, I don't know how we can avoid it entirely even when you took every precaution.
I had at least a couple family members that got COVID early on during The Pandemic. What I'm suffering is nothing compared to what they suffered. One member was about to be put on a ventilator. They thought their life was over and made arrangements to have their will and trusts verified as soon as they entered the hospital's pandemic wing. So I do consider myself fortunate (almost wrote lucky, but that most definitely doesn't jibe with what's happening) that I'm coherent, not in any pain, and not isolated with beeping machines and no loved ones around.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Yeah ever since the variant that's prevalent now has seemed so transmissible, I've joked that I'm likely to get it just showing up to get my booster and flu shot. Not all that amusing really. But it will be how it is. I'm wearing a mask when I go there!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah ever since the variant that's prevalent now has seemed so transmissible, I've joked that I'm likely to get it just showing up to get my booster and flu shot. Not all that amusing really. But it will be how it is. I'm wearing a mask when I go there!
One day I had to stand in line in the Kaiser pharmacy for like 45 minutes and everyone in there was sick, I was surprised I didn't catch it then but they made everyone mask up.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Family of man who died of Covid-19 lives with corpse for over a year, believing he was only in a coma. Fark: They were given a death certificate that he was officially dead when he died

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Family of man who died of Covid-19 lives with corpse for over a year, believing he was only in a coma. Fark: They were given a death certificate that he was officially dead when he died
Is this any more delusional than believing the lies that the 2020 election was stolen, despite there being no evidence to back up the claim? Or that all Democrats are satan-worshipping pedophiles, perhaps?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The wife an I got our first cases of COVID. Almost certainly, it was this maskless jackass on a plane last Monday who passed it to us. He had every evident symptom, coughed and sneezed non-stop.

We’ve just felt like shit for two days but doesn’t seem to be getting worse. I’m at the tail end of a long vacation from work which looks like it’ll get a bit longer.

Top Bottom
1 2