COVID Stupid

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Booster scheduled for all of us this afternoon. We're going to be out and about next week, around a lot of people, so this is good timing.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Our luck ran out. I was getting ready to schedule my booster (and the flu shot) when my partner mentions her brother got a positive test Friday. Their father has been causing trouble in his old age and so they’ve had to do a lot with folks trying to get power of attorney setup, deal with finances and the state of his house. She tested positive Sunday, and me today.

100F fever today.

Honestly, I’d much rather take the booster than go through this. Blah.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Our luck ran out. I was getting ready to schedule my booster (and the flu shot) when my partner mentions her brother got a positive test Friday. Their father has been causing trouble in his old age and so they’ve had to do a lot with folks trying to get power of attorney setup, deal with finances and the state of his house. She tested positive Sunday, and me today.

100F fever today.

Honestly, I’d much rather take the booster than go through this. Blah.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get away with milder symptoms.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll get away with milder symptoms.
Peaked at 101.8F or so yesterday, down under 100F this morning, and I think the fever properly broke a little bit ago.

Still feel like trash. Sore throat to the point I can’t really talk from the coughing, congestion as bad as I’ve ever experienced. But at least the head feels a lot better and not so dizzy/lightheaded as I was. Mostly just need to protect the throat from more injury and continue rest.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Peaked at 101.8F or so yesterday, down under 100F this morning, and I think the fever properly broke a little bit ago.

Still feel like trash. Sore throat to the point I can’t really talk from the coughing, congestion as bad as I’ve ever experienced. But at least the head feels a lot better and not so dizzy/lightheaded as I was. Mostly just need to protect the throat from more injury and continue rest.
I’m a person who rarely gets sick, so when I going through the worst of COVID last weekend I was surprised to see how effective Advil was at breaking the fever. It did come back daily but I kept taking Advil and was glad to have it.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m a person who rarely gets sick, so when I going through the worst of COVID last weekend I was surprised to see how effective Advil was at breaking the fever. It did come back daily but I kept taking Advil and was glad to have it.
For sure, and I was using something similar which has worked well for me the last time I had a fever years ago. The sobering thought here is that my fever went that high despite the meds.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
For sure, and I was using something similar which has worked well for me the last time I had a fever years ago. The sobering thought here is that my fever went that high despite the meds.

Hope progression of your recovery is smooth. My bro is feeling much better now from his bout with covid, contracted despite his vaxxes and booster, but he does say that fatigue still comes back like gangbusters sometimes, so he has to remember to take it a bit easier than he's used to doing.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hope progression of your recovery is smooth. My bro is feeling much better now from his bout with covid, contracted despite his vaxxes and booster, but he does say that fatigue still comes back like gangbusters sometimes, so he has to remember to take it a bit easier than he's used to doing.

Fingers crossed on that front. I haven’t had any shortness of breath or anything along those lines, and blood oxygen barely budged as an average compared to the week before. My VO2 max hasn’t been great for a long time though, so who knows. I guess we will find out when I feel good enough to start riding the bike again.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
The fatigue sneaks up on you like crazy. Still haven't been able to go for a regular speed walking session since testing positive. Between the fatigue and insomnia, I can't imagine how those who aren't vaccinated and boosted can handle getting COVID.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Booster scheduled for all of us this afternoon. We're going to be out and about next week, around a lot of people, so this is good timing.

We were all pretty unaffected, well, possibly, maybe a little more tired than usual - but our usual is pretty tired :D

I had some severe reactions to my other vaccinations, so this was a pleasant surprise, arm isn't even sore tonight.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The fatigue sneaks up on you like crazy. Still haven't been able to go for a regular speed walking session since testing positive. Between the fatigue and insomnia, I can't imagine how those who aren't vaccinated and boosted can handle getting COVID.

Just like the shots. Some people barely noticed, others had issues. Individual body chemistry can make a huge difference.

lizkat

Reaction score
Just like the shots. Some people barely noticed, others had issues. Individual body chemistry can make a huge difference.

It's all down to mountain air, broccoli, red bell pepper, a Simply Asia sesame teriyaki noodle bowl and Honduran coffee. Well on Thursdays anyway, take my word for it. Worked last week, went for it again tonight. 😋

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

can't even imagine how such a honest group did this.​

COVID-Denying Medical Group Implodes Over Founder’s Extravagant Spending​

When employees at leading COVID pseudoscience group America’s Frontline Doctors tried to log in to work last week, they found themselves locked out of their email accounts. The nonprofit quickly fell into factions, with employees holding rival Zoom meetings to plot who would take over the group.

The organization’s exiled founder, Dr. Simone Gold, tried unsuccessfully to gain access to a private Zoom call, only to find herself stuck in a waiting room. In internal emails, the group’s accountant worried about who could still access the $7 million locked in its bank accounts.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
For $9M, you can give me a COVID vaccination weekly if you wish. My guy Cube doesn’t roll like that, and he’s whiny about it.

His right not to get it, their right not to hire him as a result. Everyone exercised their rights and he's out $9 million, cry me a river.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just don't understand the companies shuffling to now allow back the people that refused to be vaccinated. These are the people we want working there?!?! *sigh*

His right not to get it, their right not to hire him as a result. Everyone exercised their rights and he's out $9 million, cry me a river.

When you read what he says, he’s just speaking about how it affects him. He “didn’t need it”. He’s not taking that additional step to be concerned for other people. I love that they yanked the offer. Fuck him, truly.

lizkat

Reaction score
I just don't understand the companies shuffling to now allow back the people that refused to be vaccinated. These are the people we want working there?!?! *sigh*

It's quite problematic. Studies are still being done (and reviewed) to determine whether serial re-infections by Covid variants do heighten the risk of ending up with "long Covid."

And we don't even have a great handle yet on scope and remediation of long Covid. We have to hope that ongoing work on vaccines can further reduce potential breakthrough by new variants.

One pretty robust study of reinfection effects that is under review does have some caveats attached, e.g. it involved military vets, and that population trends older and so possibly with some health issues atypical of general population. Still it should give pause to companies deciding to hire unvaccinated individuals who could serve as vectors of re-infection, even to vaccinated co-workers or customers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
When you read what he says, he’s just speaking about how it affects him. He “didn’t need it”. He’s not taking that additional step to be concerned for other people. I love that they yanked the offer. Fuck him, truly.
There are two really different groups, those who think of others and those who simply couldn't care less about anyone other than themselves. If nothing else we've learned who those people are.

Top Bottom
1 2