COVID Stupid

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1447977557958266884/
what-could-be-it-but-why.gif

Because they worked too well? 🤷‍♀️

We didn't ban coaches who cover up sexual assault so well...

Last edited:
U

User.45

I'll let you in on a secret: I use search engines quickly and efficiently and I make a substantial effort (at least on your scale) to understand opposing viewpoints. I start calling people out when I repeatedly catch them on not reading their own sources. Which has been my impression about you. I suspect you only read headlines and even cherry pick those.

The other thing I call people out for is intellectual cowardice. When your statements meet opposition, you make a 30sec effort to push back and if defending your stance takes more than that, you just wait out the topic change. Like here, I've asked you a bunch of questions and you've just tried to change the topic.

1. If you are such an advocate of medical freedom and oppose vaccine mandates, how come this didn't come to your mind when it came to Influenza?

Mayo's researchers' stand:

Most hospitals I worked at has had an Influenza vaccine mandate for a looong time:

But academic programs mandate this and suspend clinical access of students if they aren't up to date:
MGH for example:

That above is a pretty standard list, and my antibody titers were assessed and I got repeat shots for diseases where my titers were low.
Again standard procedure. Where were you to defend my medical freedom then?

2. Are you willing to admit that staffing issues predate COVID vaccine mandates?
3. Are you willing to admit that running ICUs at capacity had contributed manyfold more to the staffing shortage than mandates?

An example from a local WV Hospital system:

4. If you admit that staffing issues are most significantly impacted by the pandemic itself, wouldn't measures that control the pandemic be the most effective way to fight staffing issues?

5. You still have to answer: if COVID-19 is an indirect act of bioterrorism, isn't it the patriotic thing to do is to get vaccinated?

To provide my stance on all of this as a father of small children. The ultimate parenting success is to get your kids do the right thing without intimidation, but sometimes you have to be assertive to prevent them from hurting themselves. I believe in the same principle societally. America did a truly impressive job making smoking uncool and frowned upon. Opposing vaccination should receive similar societal attitudes. Yet here you are claiming to be a "vaccine-believer" but also normalizing antivaxxer sentiments.
Exactly:

@Herdfan 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The problem is NOT some imagined future exodus of healthcare workers because they are refusing vaccines. It is hospitals so crowded with COVID patients that 1 in 5 families need to delay their healthcare.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another brilliant GOPr

Alaska state Sen. Lora Reinbold, a Republican who was banned from an airline earlier this year for refusing to comply with its mask policy, said Tuesday she tested positive for COVID-19 and touted a “recipe” of unproven treatments, including the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin.
Another state Republican, Sen. David Wilson, also tested positive, and both are quarantining at home, the Anchorage Daily News reported. A third GOP senator, Click Bishop, said he was feeling ill, but reportedly tested negative for the virus

Anti-Mask Alaska State Senator Gets COVID-19, Touts Unproven Treatments​

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My cousin keeps texting me links to recent Joe Rogan alternative covid facts YouTube videos.

My cousin and I agree on a lot of things and he’s not a far-right extremist, but I told him a long time ago, even before covid, that I’m done with Joe Rogan because he plays fast and loose with right-wing talking points. It’s not that I think every right-wing view is categorically wrong, but Rogan fans are like Trump supporters. They’ll see every word he says as gospel and complete truth and not bother to research further, especially if it counters any view of the left, data, or science. They’ll also use what he says to validate what originated from a random nutjob.

Needless to say, I don’t care what Rogan says and certainly not about Covid.

D

Deleted member 215

Rogan just did an interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and got Gupta to admit CNN was wrong to call ivermectin "horse dewormer". So of course that's now being played as a major victory for Rogan and the ivermectin crowd even though I don't think Gupta conceded much else.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rogan just did an interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and got Gupta to admit CNN was wrong to call ivermectin "horse dewormer". So of course that's now being played as a major victory for Rogan and the ivermectin crowd even though I don't think Gupta conceded much else.

That is the most recent video my cousin sent me with "This is Rogan at his best!"

I really don't give a shit to know about these alternatives. If you have cancer you don't forgo getting it surgically removed because somebody said eating copious amounts of sunflower seeds gets the same result. Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it only does for certain people. You go with the option that is 90%+ effective. If that fails then maybe look at other options. You don't start with the most suspect and least effective options and slowly work your way to the best proven option.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I guess the bigger question is why CNN felt the need to do that in the first place.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

“Its my turn to battle Covid head on... game on! Who do you think is going to win?” she wrote on Facebook.

“I am taking lots of vitamins ABCD & Quercitin & zinc citrate. Vit E and aspirin to reduce clotting. I am blessed to have gotten Ivirmectin the ‘de -covider.’ My Vicks steamer has been a God send! My naturopath gave me tips too- that I am sure will work!”
FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom
1 2