Creepy crawly pets

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Totally forgot I used to make compilation videos of my different mantis species. The is one of my favorites, the wandering violin. They are one of the few species that can live communally, won't eat each other unless really starving.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

😯

Very dangerous transition for mantids. I've lost several as a result of a bad molt. Their exoskeleton is very soft right after and if they fall it hardens in the position they land. It's pretty horrific and sad.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
what "pet" means in Australia

content-1607956067-hunty.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I have a false widow spider living behind my toilet, very fast and hides in a small opening between the pipe and the wall. Sometimes it comes out and hangs out on the web it made just outside the pipe. It gets plenty of water from the shower condensation and is probably living off the occasional escapee cricket for feeding my other critters.

It's a little too fast for me to trap it and release it. So I just let it stay. If it was a real widow spider it would be one of the few times I don't practice live and let live. We all have our limits.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
It's a little too fast for me to trap it and release it. So I just let it stay. If it was a real widow spider it would be one of the few times I don't practice live and let live. We all have our limits.

Huntsman spiders are considerably faster (and more interesting).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

One of the things that keeps me away from most tarantulas is flicking their abdominal hairs which you can see at about 0:37. Apparently it's very irritating and you can imagine why. The cat was not a fan.

U

User.45

In Hawaii I almost stepped on one of these fuckers..Bare foot. Never been back... Giant centipedes managed to collect ALL the attributes I think are wrong with insects...

Top Bottom
1 2