Cruise ship company may avoid Florida because of DeSantis’ vaccination stance

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This CEO would like to have his company’s cruise ships visit Florida. Unfortunately, Ron DeSantis’ anti-vaccination check attitude will hurt his business.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed an executive last month banning the use of Covid-19 passports in the state. The order prohibited any government entity from issuing vaccine passports and blocks businesses from requiring any such documentation. Senate Bill 2006 was signed into law Monday making that executive order official.
But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it will not allow cruise lines to resume normal operations unless at least 98% of crew members and 95% of passengers have been vaccinated.

I must say, DeSantis is working overtime to corner the stupid market.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This CEO would like to have his company’s cruise ships visit Florida. Unfortunately, Ron DeSantis’ anti-vaccination check attitude will hurt his business.

I must say, DeSantis is working overtime to corner the stupid market.
Cruise ships have made it clear that you'll have to show proof of vaccinations and I'm guessing with the flood of people wanting to get back on them that Florida can be skipped. Besides, passengers will likely never want to do it if they don't feel 100% safe now. The free market is speaking here, more and more companies are going to require it.

Top Bottom
1 2