Cuomo should be held to the same standards as Trump

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We've demonized Trump for the same thing many Democrats are trying to stand behind Cuomo for. There have been enough detailed allegations here to give this thing credibility, we have seen Democratic leadership stepping up and calling for his resignation and IMO we should all be backing that decision. This is NOT the party of Trump where we blindly support sexual assault/harassment just because he's our guy. It's wrong period, regardless of what one's politics are.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
We've demonized Trump for the same thing many Democrats are trying to stand behind Cuomo for. There have been enough detailed allegations here to give this thing credibility, we have seen Democratic leadership stepping up and calling for his resignation and IMO we should all be backing that decision. This is NOT the party of Trump where we blindly support sexual assault/harassment just because he's our guy. It's wrong period, regardless of what one's politics are.
Who's argued against that?

All the big NY dems are already looking towards impeachment, since he won't step down.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Who's argued against that?

All the big NY dems are already looking towards impeachment, since he won't step down.
There's a groundswell of support for him on Twitter telling him to stand his ground, also a lot of support for him to resign but I was surprised at the pushback from many of the same dems demanding action against Trump.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I really and truly hope nobody is held to the same standards as Trump. He broke the law repeatedly and was “acquitted” twice by the cowardly Republican senators. If we held everybody to that standard, I could run around shooting people, then when it comes time for my trial, I get to request who *I* want on the jury and they acquit me.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There's a groundswell of support for him on Twitter telling him to stand his ground, also a lot of support for him to resign but I was surprised at the pushback from many of the same dems demanding action against Trump.
If you're looking at the Baldwin bandwagon, bear in mind the source. Of course guys who've been in the same boat, advocate for hearing them out.

I've mostly seen people wanting the investigation done & giving Cuomo his time to defend. The only problem though is that it seems almost daily a new woman has a claim that isn't refuted.

The biggest voices have called for him to resign, to avoid impeachment.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If you're looking at the Baldwin bandwagon, bear in mind the source. Of course guys who've been in the same boat, advocate for hearing them out.

I've mostly seen people wanting the investigation done & giving Cuomo his time to defend. The only problem though is that it seems almost daily a new woman has a claim that isn't refuted.

The biggest voices have called for him to resign, to avoid impeachment.
NY Times has turned on him, big time too. There are stories about how he treated people badly “on his way up” to the top. That probably explains why there’s nobody to go to bat for him now.

Also, whether they all really care or not, Dem politicians can’t be seen backing a guy who is accused of treating women this way. I think that’s a good thing. Dem voters have shown they will not stand for this kind of behavior.

GOP voters? Such behavior boosts turnout for the boorish jerk, as we saw with the former POTUS.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also, whether they all really care or not, Dem politicians can’t be seen backing a guy who is accused of treating women this way. I think that’s a good thing. Dem voters have shown they will not stand for this kind of behavior.

GOP voters? Such behavior boosts turnout for the boorish jerk, as we saw with the former POTUS.
yet we saw it time agin with the GOP Look at the winners trump backed. they make Cuomo look like a quire boy

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
yet we saw it time agin with the GOP Look at the winners trump backed. they make Cuomo look like a quire boy
I like to think we're better than that. The GOP lost its humanity and sold their souls a long time ago. At this point any Republican who is calling for Cuomo to step down while they sat quietly all these years over Trump are the epitome of Conservative hypocrisy.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like to think we're better than that. The GOP lost its humanity and sold their souls a long time ago. At this point any Republican who is calling for Cuomo to step down while they sat quietly all these years over Trump are the epitome of Conservative hypocrisy.U think they have
  • Cuomo argued that calls by a growing number of Democratic lawmakers that he quit are “reckless and dangerous” because they don’t know the facts.

U

User.45

I'll wait out the results of the investigations before I make a judgement. Remember, that Republicans have been accusing him of increasing nursing home deaths through his policies. Now along the present shit storm still there is no evidence for this (actually the prelim findings suggest against these accusations).

What seems to be sticking is:
A) Data manipulation... Now the currently known extent is limited to misclassification of NH deaths taking place in hospitals and not at the NH site. This is important because, 1) his NH policy was there for ~1.5mo i.e. it represents <9th of the overall performance of the NYS COVID response. 2) These deaths were captured and overall the data therefore does not seem to have skewed policymaking.
B) Sexual misconduct. Now the stuff I'm aware of places him in the super inappropriate category. For my European mind, a lots of different things could fly and I think Americans tend to be annoyingly prudish. BUT, what DOES NOT FLY is coercing your subordinates to talk to you about sex. That shit just doesn't belong in the workplace. I also expect men to be hands off, and be more respectful.

Overall the picture that seems to be forming about Cuomo is of a narcissist who often has difficulty appreciating that his advances aren't always welcome (I think he kept doing this because of past successes...). I also suspect that he will end up being removed due to his sexual misconduct, and if the accusations prove true, deservedly.

On the other hand the GOP will attempt to use this to discredit Fauci and the criticism on the GOP's COVID response, even though the case for that is the least supported part of the attacks on Cuomo. He definitely deserves to be reprimanded for the NH data manipulation, but if there emerges more evidence he had concealed COVID data not captured elsewhere, then he'll deserve criminal persecution.

The issue about the Trump vs. Cuomo analogy, is that there are much more checks and balances against Cuomo than Trump and I don't see the partisan fault lines along which one side wants to sweep issue under the rug. I have much more trust for Cuomo to get what he deserves in a timely fashion.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I want to hear the results of the investigation too, though it sure looks like it's past the point of just some wrongly categorized data and some Biden-like awkward approaches. If this is a frame-up, it's a masterful one.

I don't see how this ends well for him.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I think when enough Democrats call for him to resign, he will probably step down. It seems pretty close to critical mass right now.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Do the investigation. Give him a trial. Don’t impeach without the evidence.
We were all more than happy to push Trump out without these things, seems unfair to give Cuomo a free pass here IMO.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We were all more than happy to push Trump out without these things, seems unfair to give Cuomo a free pass here IMO.
I think most of us wanted to give him an investigation and trial. I still want to see him get an investigation and trial...several of them. No one gets a free pass. Well, except the former guy who got a free pass....

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another accusation against Cuomo today.

It’s very hard to be the first to report sexual harassment, but once it’s out there, people that held their tongues feel empowered to come forward. So the courage of the first person to come forward is necessary, it seems, to hold such predators accountable.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
While no one should get a free pass, I think the Democrats screwed Al Frankin. :confused:

As time goes by it's been my impression as well.
It was a dumb thing to do, worthy of scold but seemed unfair to lose everything over it. At the same time he had the good sense to step aside when he saw the writing on the wall, Cuomo doesn't get that. At this point he's done, it's just a matter of time.

Top Bottom
1 2