Customize colors of date and time on lock screen? (iOS14)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Looking for a way to alter the color of date and time text on the lock screen of iOS devices.

I switched up my lock screen to a lighter toned wallpaper and now the date and time in white are indistinct on that background. Was hoping for some way to modify the colors of those text items without having to get a third party app.

Does anyone here know of a way to do this with some [obscure?] iOS setting?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you checked out any of the widget tools that are now available? Take a gander at what I have these days for my Home Screen:

2D48491C-7D8C-48D1-BEE9-00B1366B6195.jpeg

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking for a way to alter the color of date and time text on the lock screen of iOS devices.

I switched up my lock screen to a lighter toned wallpaper and now the date and time in white are indistinct on that background. Was hoping for some way to modify the colors of those text items without having to get a third party app.

hi @lizkat
im not sure, but have your peaked in the Accesibility area of iOS on yr iPhone? i dont have an iPad so i dont know if there is an equivalent control section on iOS iPads.
there are some ways to enhance text weight and size and transparency and contrast and what they calll smart inversion (sorry, i am translating from my japanese phone so it may not be the right term)
Mark

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Have you checked out any of the widget tools that are now available? Take a gander at what I have these days for my Home Screen:

View attachment 1973
Yes, widgetsmith maybe the simplest solution as you can pick from a variety of options.

It is free, and I've been using it since the new IOS.

widgetsmith-1.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Thanks for these suggestions but it's not actually content of the date and time fields that are my concern with this query.

I just wanted my lock screen's display of time and date not to look so washed out on a light wallpaper.... Cydia has an app with RGB sliders to affect the colors of lockscreen date and time displays separately. Was hoping there was a built-in option to fix this instead of installing that.

Usually my lockscreens are darker so it has not come to my attention before. I just wanted this whimsical design (Ruben Toledo for Miami Ballet) to hang out on my lockscreen until the days grow longer again LOL.

light colored lockscreen wallpaper .jpg

Top Bottom
1 2