Cyberpunk 2077

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve started my third play though of this game. It is very impressive despite it’s short comings. This is the single most impressive city simulation I have seen in a game. The primary quests are damned good.

6DB7DCAD-8912-4B5B-88C3-C4D6E8D191A5.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I first started playing RPGs, quests would be offered up with urgency, and I would execute them post haste. Since then I have learned that quests designed into most games as a rule, wait on you.

In CP 2077 you can take a short vacation from the “important quests” the main and companion quests and just run around town knocking heads together with the gigs, side quests, and police action, requested help for illegal activities.

I am not sure if the game scales difficulty at all to player level, but I’m thinking not. On the map, side quests and gigs are listed with their difficulty.

Any time I see a group of thugs with yellow chevrons over their heads, I scan them to be sure they are not cops, usually easy to tell visually, just to be sure they have bounties on them. And if they would surrender, I would not kill them, but they never seem to.

This is how I keep a huge flow of gear, ammo, for breakdown or sale, and scoop tons of XP. Arguably this is the way to sail though the main and companion quests without too much difficulty (playing on hard) although I sometimes misjudge and end up dead. Thank goodness for saves. 🙂

The first time I played this game, I was not thrilled about first person view melee combat, but now that I am acclimated, it feels more real this way, as much as a game can feel real when you are immersed. Before I engage a group, if there are many, I usually drop an electrocute or reboot vision on one of them, headshot one or two of them (pistol with 200% headshot damage stat), sometimes lead with a frag grenade, then head in with the blade. Because it is first person, you become more in tune to how bad guys are positioned and when someone slips behind you, be sure to spread the ❤️ in all directions.

The Cool stat is built for melee. An analogy for a melee build, it‘s similiar to the difference between driving an automatic vs a stick shift. And it is easy to disregard, blow off, underestimate, but do not ignore the Cool Stat and Cold Blood. I almost did, but never regretted investing in it substantially, especially if you are chasing a melee build in combination with athletics, pistol and blades. Curiously this type of athletic strength is separate from brawler strength.

Well, I’m not investing in brawling, there is a chain quest based on brawling matches and they are tough. I’m not bringing my fists to a knife/gun fight anyway. ;) With stacks of cold blood, a temporary bluff, it is impressive what you can do during fast moving combat, you temporarily are buffed into something that is well beyond human capability, and it is exhilarating. I feel more vested in this character as I move at almost blinding speeds, vs blowing away adversaries with a shotgun or a sniper rifle where the gun does all the work. Here I am moving and wielding up close and personal. :D

dysamoria

Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Canon
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'd REALLY like to play that game some day... but I still manage to struggle onward with older games on a 2008 PC. I recently upgraded my power-hungry Nvidia 8800 GTX to a current 1030. It takes up half as much space in the computer and doesn't need extra power connections. It also runs all my games better. Of course, the newest game on there is... Fallout 4? That also needs a lot more FPS to feel remotely smooth, but I've gotten so used to low frame rates just to play anything at all. Sigh.

I would REALLY REALLY like to play things with realtime raytracing, but I don't think I can afford to replace my Mac AND buy a top of the tech gaming PC. I absolutely have to stop waiting on Apple to release a proper desktop that's modular AND affordable. It's been TEN YEARS. This year I have to buy SOMETHING new and move the hell on. But that will eat all my computing/studio money. I don't have income and I have one wad of cash to blow on an upgrade that needs a lot of stuff to be replaced thanks to abandoned drivers and whatnot (audio interface, Wacom tablet, etc), and it needs to last me another decade at least (ha ha ha ha ha, with the industry's expectations of how often we should throw things away and buy new again).

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'd REALLY like to play that game some day... but I still manage to struggle onward with older games on a 2008 PC. I recently upgraded my power-hungry Nvidia 8800 GTX to a current 1030. It takes up half as much space in the computer and doesn't need extra power connections. It also runs all my games better. Of course, the newest game on there is... Fallout 4? That also needs a lot more FPS to feel remotely smooth, but I've gotten so used to low frame rates just to play anything at all. Sigh.

I would REALLY REALLY like to play things with realtime raytracing, but I don't think I can afford to replace my Mac AND buy a top of the tech gaming PC. I absolutely have to stop waiting on Apple to release a proper desktop that's modular AND affordable. It's been TEN YEARS. This year I have to buy SOMETHING new and move the hell on. But that will eat all my computing/studio money. I don't have income and I have one wad of cash to blow on an upgrade that needs a lot of stuff to be replaced thanks to abandoned drivers and whatnot (audio interface, Wacom tablet, etc), and it needs to last me another decade at least (ha ha ha ha ha, with the industry's expectations of how often we should throw things away and buy new again).
Keep your Mac for other things, get a gaming PC and save a bundle of $ and frustration.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score

A 4090 with no DLSS averages out to 19fps, and it crashes regularly. So, this is more of a tech preview than something useable. The only games that are fully path traced are Quake II (from 1997), Minecraft, and Portal. Hence, it's going to be a while before modern games are using full path tracing (or whatever marketing calls it).

Regardless, it's something new and interesting! I'm sure that, once this is fully matured, Nvidia won't find a way to monetize this to the max and definitely won't cost as much as multiple new cars.

Top Bottom
1 2