DeJoy is testifying now

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He makes it sound as though he’s working so hard to make the USPS successful. At one time he can talk about how much money the USPS has, how they can handle ballots, and how they are are in grave financial trouble.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wow, this guy is an idiot. Nervously showing unreadable charts, he is clearly in over his head and should've never been put in this position to begin with.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
DeJoy is slippery though and as time goes on he sounds more like some typical CEO talking at an earnings meet... his advantage is that the questioners are not gnerally as astute as financial analysts... his disadvantage is he can't pass any nail-in-coffin questions on to a CFO parked at his elbow during an earnings discussion... so the transcripts will have some soundbites the media will pick up, the Dems will pick up but also plenty soundbites for the right to make use of as they wish.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He has made a few promises. Do you suppose he has any intention of keeping them? Frankly, I find him full of shit.

lizkat

Reaction score
He has made a few promises. Do you suppose he has any intention of keeping them? Frankly, I find him full of shit.

No doubt Louis DeJoy is banking on this whole thing slipping from public attention within days... unless pressure is maintained. After all the Rs' machine is revving up for their convention.

I think the DC media used to be better at calendaring promises along w/ deadlines and would keep asking about how things were going on meeting this or that promise.

On the other hand, during Trump's reign it seems more like answers to that stuff invariably get relegated to a press office from the office of the honcho any inquiry goes to... and the PR responses amount to kicking sand in the inquiring reporter's eyes. One could fault Congress critters for letting the ball drop on this stuff too though.

No one should wonder why media resort to rounding up what Republicans disparage as "leakers".... since without someone on the inside actually answering questions about things the public has a right to know, we'd be more shafted than we already are by this administration. Meanwhile I still thank the stars and the gods of the pantheon for a free press, no matter its alleged biases.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, this guy is an idiot. Nervously showing unreadable charts, he is clearly in over his head and should've never been put in this position to begin with.

In Trump's administration the less somebody is qualified the more they are qualified.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No doubt Louis DeJoy is banking on this whole thing slipping from public attention within days... unless pressure is maintained. After all the Rs' machine is revving up for their convention.

The nice part is that DeJoy moves on to testify before Congress on Monday. You know, the day the RNC starts.

lizkat

Reaction score
The nice part is that DeJoy moves on to testify before Congress on Monday. You know, the day the RNC starts.

The House panel will perhaps make enough of a dent in media to persist into early days coverage of the Rs' convention. People are gettin' pretty fired up over what was going on and they don't seem inclined to believe what DeJoy's been saying since (as he put it) "this excitement" over USPS changes began.

Even little towns in my neck of the words are staging protests for the day the House is to take up that USPS bill. A couple of them are barely dots on the map as far as population in NYS goes. One is fairly blue as far as political lean goes but the other two have substantial outlying conservative blocs.

A bunch of villagers or farmers complaining about late birthday cards or dead chicks in the post or the very occasional rogue contract mail carrier lifting or dumping stuff would not ordinarily raise national attention or get movement-type protests going. But the initial emphasis by Trump on stomping out vote-by-mail increases in 2020, and the (doubtless not coincidental no matter what DeJoy says now) response by a hastily reshuffled post office management has managed to change all that.

So Trump's idiotic tweets and his crony-level pick meant to hack away at the post office haven't done the GOP any favors with these changes, or at least in allowing some of those changes to become visible enough prior to the election to get people fired up to protest level. It's his own conservative voters from 2016 who are coming out to protest on the steps of post offices this weekend here in my neck of the woods.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch him. Did any Senators ask him about his holdings in a USPS contractor and the possible conflict(s) of interest? If so, I didn't see it in the news reports.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch him. Did any Senators ask him about his holdings in a USPS contractor and the possible conflict(s) of interest? If so, I didn't see it in the news reports.

That part will be on Monday when he faces the House.

Top Bottom
1 2