Did you know? (A thread about MLB labor stoppage)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trying to decide how to try to watch games this year. There's a bundle now with Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, so maybe I'll try that. Last year for just the World Series i took a month of YTTV but i'm not going to shell out for that for the regular season, I wouldn't make enough use of it,

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to a Yankee game since the disaster of 1994. I would try to catch as many games after working at the Guggenheim with my twin. I think we only missed about a half dozen games that season before the knuckleheads cancelled the rest of the season.

Had a chance to go to one of the last games at the Old Yankee Stadium (in the Corp Suite too), but decided I was too old to go to a game after work with work in the morning.

Depending on how things go with the Pandemic, may try to finally get the hubby to Yankee stadium. He deserves to see a real team from New York play. 😆

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Trying to decide how to try to watch games this year. There's a bundle now with Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, so maybe I'll try that. Last year for just the World Series i took a month of YTTV but i'm not going to shell out for that for the regular season, I wouldn't make enough use of it,
MLBTV. If you have TMobile, it’s free.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Is that a time-limited promo like for one season (year) or it keeps going until further notice?
Each year T-Mobile has a window (usually one or two weeks) in which you can subscribe for free. It’s a fairly straightforward thing to do, but you’ll have to do it every year.

lizkat

Reaction score
Each year T-Mobile has a window (usually one or two weeks) in which you can subscribe for free. It’s a fairly straightforward thing to do, but you’ll have to do it every year.

Thanks I will check it out. I switched to T-mobile last fall but the process was so annoying at the AT&T end that by time it was over I was just happy to have ported my number over.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Thanks I will check it out. I switched to T-mobile last fall but the process was so annoying at the AT&T end that by time it was over I was just happy to have ported my number over.
Sure. Also don’t forget to download the TMobile Tuesdays app. Every single Tuesday Tmobile gives away stuff for free, from a pizza at Domino’s, to umbrellas and caps, to MLB TV and more.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure. Also don’t forget to download the TMobile Tuesdays app. Every single Tuesday Tmobile gives away stuff for free, from a pizza at Domino’s, to umbrellas and caps, to MLB TV and more.

Off topic, but Domino’s doesn’t sell pizzas. Not sure what they are, but they aren’t pizzas.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Off topic, but Domino’s doesn’t sell pizzas. Not sure what they are, but they aren’t pizzas.
As the resident Italian on this forum, I will say what I say to other people. It’s pizza, but it has to be seen as a whole different dish - and a lower quality one - than actual Italian pizza.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Yes to all of this. I have had mlb TV through t-mobile for years, and it’s great - watch any game I want on Apple TV.

I also get Netflix for $2 or $3 a month from T-mobile … it used to be free but when Netflix raised the price, t-mobile added the price increase only to the bill

lizkat

Reaction score
As a New Yorker, that applies almost everywhere. Sorry Chicago, it's not "deep dish" pizza. It's a damn casserole!!

As a new yorker, I actually sometimes enjoy a chicago tomato cake.

Chicago, sí! I was shipped out there a few times from NYC in the late 60s for some projects when I was working for actuaries on benefit package analyses. I liked the city but I was shocked by a few things, definitely including the alleged pizza (or... cake). Also I kept almost walking up the backs of people's heels during the lunch hour, trying to run errands and still leave time to eat something. New Yorkers just seem to cover the sidewalks of a city block a whole lot faster...

Never managed to see a ballgame on the times I was out there. Did sit in once on a Margaret Hillis rehearsal of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Chorus for a performance of the Brahms German Requiem, which happens to be one of my all time fave choral works. A good friend of mine knew her and had a pass to the rehearsal, and he managed to get another for me. I was in 7th heaven.

It was nuts to fly out there just for that event, but I didn't even think about that, just got on the phone for a plane ticket as if I were calling for a taxi.

Trying to think if I would have done that had someone offered me a ticket to see the Cleveland Indians play at home sometime. Probably would have gone for that too. Ah the Insanity of the young.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
@lizkat I just got this
FF6E872F-C1E3-4A38-B423-86FDE934BC7F.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Opening day is Thursday.

REMINDER: If you have T-mobile, open the t-mobile tuesdays app on your phone TODAY to get the free subscription to watch all the games you want this season!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ummmm, not sure what I think about this:

Stealing signs is as old as the signs themselves. That said, what some teams have done with technology to steal signs is out of bounds, but the runner on 2nd should be free to steal them.

lizkat

Reaction score
Opening day is Thursday.

REMINDER: If you have T-mobile, open the t-mobile tuesdays app on your phone TODAY to get the free subscription to watch all the games you want this season!

I signed up instantly! I thought somewhere they said though that the offer was good thru April 26th not 11th, but whatever...

Thanks to @yaxomoxay for telling me about the deal since I only switched to T-mo last fall and didn't realize there was such a deal until he mentioned it. I'll never get anything done now all season, unless I limit myself to audio on the games of teams I like to follow.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Watched some of the Reds/Braves last night. Something was off. Not sure what, but it was off. Perhaps it was just the TV presentation.

And I didn't really like the pitch graphics they kept showing on ESPN.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I had a great time at the Nats/Mets game even though the Nats lost. First Nats home run of the season was by Juan Soto (of course), there was a great throw to beat a runner to home plate, an incredible play by a shortstop to snag a certain base hit and toss it all the way across to 1st base just in time... etc. It was a bit cold though...

Top Bottom
1 2