Digital Security

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
T-Mobile Security Breach 2021
This morning I woke up to news that T-Mobile had suffered a serious data breech.

I read about suggestions to change password, which I did and I set up 2factor security, which I think I already had, in that T-Mobile wanted to send my phone a code, but I added google authenticator into the mix. Now if social security numbers are exposed, that's a different problem.

Then I did a search on the T-mobile data breach 2021 I found this page that talks all about it and what you should do about it, including info for signing up to free McAfee identity theft protection for 2 years. :

Here is the interesting part. While I was signed up to my T-Mobile account,

I found no notifications of this data breach, including the info about signing up for McAfee that was provided on the second link posted. You might notice that in the url, after t-mobile.com there is a /brand. I don't know if this is suspicious or not or if the previous link is legitimate or not. So I called T-mobile and the wait to talk to someone was only 90 minutes.

I am very hesitant to start entering my data in link 2 until I talk to someone at T-mobile...

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Update after a 1.5 hr call back time, then disconnected, then a 2 hour call back time, I finally talked to someone and I found out the page I questioned is legetimate and I have started the sign up process.

Top Bottom
1 2