Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Because he killed Kenny?

Bastard!

Actually he had the audacity to own a private business during the peak of Russian occupation. They hated him. He eventually ended up in prison for two months. It's how I ultimately ended up here.

U

User.45

I don't know about UK, but I grew up in Poland. Grandpa had every kind of gun you can imagine. It's a lot easier to purchase a long gun there. I remember my father had to go through a process to obtain a pistol and license to carry. He was threatened by some business people. Probably Russia mobs (seriously... not even a joke).

We used to go hunt with grandpa a lot. He was born and raised German, so shooting things kind of came naturally to him :LOL: (too soon?)
It appears we have a similar upbringing. (explains the values). My wife's family changed their name during WWII because they were part german part jewish and had a very very very jewish sounding last name, which came with a lot of "inconvenience" those days...

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
It appears we have a similar upbringing. (explains the values). My wife's family changed their name during WWII because they were part german part jewish and had a very very very jewish sounding last name, which came with a lot of "inconvenience" those days...

That's remarkable. Grandpa was German, Austrian to be precise, and grandma was a jewish pole who escaped to Belgium when she was a young child with her family. She survived and ultimately returned to Poland after the war and had to learn Polish at seventeen. She spoke French.I had to learn English at seventeen, when I migrated to the States. That was always like a strange parallel experience.

Grandpa had a similar mixed family. He ended up in Poland to attend an engineering school. It's when they've met.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Same. My grandmother came from what is now Ukraine. She always told people she came from Liverpool. Cause that’s where the ship stopped between Russia and the US. Heh. When my dad went into the Navy at 17, he legally had his last name changed from Schmolovitz to Small.

Top Bottom
1 2