Doctored photos

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I guess we don’t have a discussion for this topic yet, and we’ve all seen some badly shopped photos. So I’ll begin.

This is a news photo from last night’s SNF game. I don’t know for a fact that this was shopped, but it looks off to me. If you notice the same thing I did, it probably is.

F75AB150-BC6F-4455-9544-FA849839AFBB.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I guess we don’t have a discussion for this topic yet, and we’ve all seen some badly shopped photos. So I’ll begin.

This is a news photo from last night’s SNF game. I don’t know for a fact that this was shopped, but it looks off to me. If you notice the same thing I did, it probably is.

View attachment 1978
I guess I'm not seeing it?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It’s the area where the football, in sharp focus, meets the helmet of RB Nick Chubb, who is blurred in the foreground. To my eyes there’s no blur where they intersect.

548FE864-043B-408D-9965-E7188EBC6E97.jpeg

I would expect to see a blur where the curvature of the helmet is.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It’s the area where the football, in sharp focus, meets the helmet of RB Nick Chubb, who is blurred in the foreground. To my eyes there’s no blur where they intersect.

Yeah, that does look odd. Though it could just be a weird random clash between the foreground and the mid.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1981

There's a lot of stuff that looks weird to me there. No one else has a yellow strip on their helm. Sometimes with a high degree of motion blur, you get that semi-transparent effect naturally, which is what you're seeing there. The guy in the foreground seems quite blurry relative to the others though, and he doesn't appear to be that much closer. This is likely shot with a long lens, but in spite of that it looks weird to me. Generally to verify, you would want other points of reference. A single image can be prone to false positives in detection.

This one is getting a bit of attention lately:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1340184691001987072/

That probably is. It's hard to get a decent expression from everyone simultaneously, and with politicians, you may be very limited on time. It's not uncommon for images of the cast of a television show or members of a band to be comped from different shots. People are just more skeptical of it now anytime it looks like this could be the case.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

View attachment 1981

That is actually just a shallow depth of field, common with an expensive zoom lens. For example, let's just say the photographer is using an aperture of f/2.8 and zoomed in from 30 or 50 yards away while keeping focus on the quarterback, everything else in front or behind him will be out of that depth of field and naturally blur. Also number 24 is farther away from the photographer than number 71 or you would see the same amount of blur on both sides.

One thing a long zoom lens will do is compress the image, giving the appearance that all of the subjects are closer to each other than they really are. When used properly it can make for great photos.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This one is getting a bit of attention lately:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1340184691001987072/
It’s probably Trump being Trump and having a hard time focusing. He does have that weird stance, like he’s strapped to a dolly or something. 😄

There's a lot of stuff that looks weird to me there. No one else has a yellow strip on their helm. Sometimes with a high degree of motion blur, you get that semi-transparent effect naturally, which is what you're seeing there.
If you mean that yellow in the second photo, that’s my highlighter where I thought the photo looked retouched. I probably should have included an arrow there too.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 1981

The quarterback is in focus. With a short depth of field, wouldn’t the foreground person be blurry?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I think that along with other issues, Donald Trump is on "the Spectrum/Continuum" of Autism, which suggests that he would possibly have difficulty looking directly at a camera or photographer taking his picture for a formal portrait. He and Melania also may not be all the comfortable with each other any more, and it would not surprise me that once he's finally evicted from the White House that she takes off and simply goes her own way, taking their kid (who has pretty much been identified as having issues and more than likely being on the Spectrum). ??

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Would that also be what gives him that bizarre grimace/forced grin that makes him look like the unlucky loser at a shotgun wedding?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Possibly...... Depending upon where he is on the spectrum and the severity of specific elements of the condition, he could indeed not really understand what is and what is not socially pleasing when smiling and/or grinning....
I always attributed it to him being a sociopath who can only mimic feelings of warmth, not actually experience them.

Top Bottom
1 2