Does anyone here have an issue with teaching or even discussing CRT?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A reminder of shit one group wouldn't like you to know happened in the past.

In 1924, a flourishing beach resort for Black people along the Southern California coast was seized by the local city government through eminent domain.

The stated reason was to build a park, but historical records show the resort was shut down because the resort's owners and its patrons were Black.

Now, an effort to return what is known as Bruce's Beach to the descendants of its original owners — and make amends for a historical wrong — is poised to become reality.

The California Legislature gave its final approval Thursday night to a bill that would let Los Angeles County officials give Bruce's Beach back to the family that owned it nearly a century ago.

And why knowing about it allows us to address & try in any way to fix what was wrong.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
A reminder of shit one group wouldn't like you to know happened in the past.
I am glad California is acting. Maybe they can talk to North Carolina. Have you seen the story below?

They locked them in jail for 8 years for living on their own land and on release, they still insist they cannot go back to their own land.

It took California 100 years to right their wrong. In North Carolina, they are still actively persecuting black families and trying to kick them off their land. And this family is far from the only one.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
This guy has to know he’s got zero chance in Virginia. Railing against CRT is going to push his poll numbers down even further. Clearly he wants to get ahead in the GOP hierarchy for some other office in the future.

McAuliffe had the best response - just look in disbelief…

And it’s quite offensive that almost every Republican has decided to minimize the contributions of MLK Jr. down to a single quote that fits their BS narrative that they supposedly don’t see race. O RLY? Please explain the voting restrictions and gerrymandering you put in place in every state you control.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
The "very fine people" on the Central York (PA) school board would like you to know that it's just a "coincidence" that the 4-page list of books and other materials they've banned from the school are all by black or brown authors.

An interesting note from the Book Riot site:

You can read the whole list here, but because it includes links to more lists, it quickly branches off, covering much more than what it on those pages. Many of these links include their own list of links. Is everything there banned, too? What about the entire Teaching Tolerance (now Learning for Justice) website being banned — does that include every book ever mentioned there? Also, many of these are articles or books for teachers to inform their thoughts but not teach directly — are they not “allowed” to do that, even if the book is not in the classroom? It quickly gets messy.

The anti-CRT movement is just plain racism. Can anybody refute that?

PS - The original story was by Tina Locurto of the York Dispatch. However, their website is so laden with crappy JS ads and trackers that it's unusable on my Mac Pro 1,1... but still, wanted to credit the original reporter.

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy has to know he’s got zero chance in Virginia. Railing against CRT is going to push his poll numbers down even further. Clearly he wants to get ahead in the GOP hierarchy for some other office in the future.
That thinking would be a losing strategy. It's going to be about voter turnout and nothing should be taken for granted. Dem voters are exhausted and/or uninspired. The fight to keep democracy in Virginia has been hard fought and continuous. With the Pandemic added, it's going to be a very difficult battle to ward off the GQP. Youngkin has his own wealth and hidden rightwing $$$ from PACs and groups working for him. The polls are scary at this point. It should be a blowout for McAuliffe.

McAuliffe can't be shy about tying Youngkin to Trump and GQP ideology. From COVID-19, abortion rights and of course, voting rights. He needs to remind voters every single day that his opponent is hoping to sneak in and implement GQP mandates. McAuliffe and his supporters/backers need to inundate Northern Virginia and all the suburbs to get as many voters voting early since it's much easier to do so now.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That thinking would be a losing strategy. It's going to be about voter turnout and nothing should be taken for granted. Dem voters are exhausted and/or uninspired. The fight to keep democracy in Virginia has been hard fought and continuous. With the Pandemic added, it's going to be a very difficult battle to ward off the GQP. Youngkin has his own wealth and hidden rightwing $$$ from PACs and groups working for him. The polls are scary at this point. It should be a blowout for McAuliffe.

McAuliffe can't be shy about tying Youngkin to Trump and GQP ideology. From COVID-19, abortion rights and of course, voting rights. He needs to remind voters every single day that his opponent is hoping to sneak in and implement GQP mandates. McAuliffe and his supporters/backers need to inundate Northern Virginia and all the suburbs to get as many voters voting early since it's much easier to do so now.
He is banging the drums on CRT. I think that plays really well in some areas, but definitely not in the suburbs of DC.

I agree that Democrats need to go out and vote. However, I think his embrace of Trump and the anti-CRT nonsense is going to hurt him more than help him. He doesn’t need to convince reliable Republicans to vote for him. There’s no way they will vote McAuliffe. But latching onto Trump is going to hurt him among independents, IMO.

Larry Hogan won Maryland as a Republican by NOT embracing Trump. Youngkin is running a race that might work in a “red” state. I highly doubt it will be successful in 2021 Virginia.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
In case anyone is still on the fence that all this crying about CRT isn't really about the hurt feelings of the easily triggered

Story at a glance
  • The school district in York, Pa., instituted a ban on certain books and resources surrounding race, social justice and history last October.
  • Among prohibited materials are books on Rosa Parks, Sesame Street, and the biography of activist Malala Yousafzai.
  • The school board held a virtual meeting Monday so students, parents, faculty and members of the community could debate the curriculum ban.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
In case anyone is still on the fence that all this crying about CRT isn't really about the hurt feelings of the easily triggered

This is firmly marching back to the early 50’s. Who needs to be enlightened when oppression works so well? Fuck you, know your place, and understand why it’s a white guy who gets to ride you. Did they have a symbolic pyre in town square? :unsure:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

If I'm seeing this on the screen, the discussing I want to have is NOT what's on the screen.

I want to discuss who the FUCK thought what's on the screen is discussion worthy. Because I have a feeling that's the far more enlightening discussion to have. Because if you're wondering why the concept of slavery maybe a bad thing or good thing, and you knowingly are aware you would NOT be the person enslaved... You're telling on yourself.

You're either a clueless idiot, racist, or both. History, especially this country's history are obviously NOT your forte.

YOU are why the concept of the CRT exists if you're asking dumbass questions like that.

I love later in the comments that perhaps the person was trying to discuss the "misconceptions" of slavery.

👀 :brickwall:

The only individuals who can imagine there can be "misconceptions" of slavery, aren't grasping they are the issue, because they fully believe they wouldn't be the enslaved. So, perhaps there's an upside if OTHERS are the slaves? 🤷‍♂️

FUCKING NO!

For 'F' sake!

How FUCKING insensitive AND stupid can some people be simultaneously?

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

If I'm seeing this on the screen, the discussing I want to have is NOT what's on the screen.

I want to discuss who the FUCK thought what's on the screen is discussion worthy. Because I have a feeling that's the far more enlightening discussion to have. Because if you're wondering why the concept of slavery maybe a bad thing or good thing, and you knowingly are aware you would NOT be the person enslaved... You're telling on yourself.

You're either a clueless idiot, racist, or both. History, especially this country's history are obviously NOT your forte.

YOU are why the concept of the CRT exists if you're asking dumbass questions like that.

I love later in the comments that perhaps the person was trying to discuss the "misconceptions" of slavery.

👀 :brickwall:

The only individuals who can imagine there can be "misconceptions" of slavery, aren't grasping they are the issue, because they fully believe they wouldn't be the enslaved. So, perhaps there's an upside if OTHERS are the slaves? 🤷‍♂️

FUCKING NO!

For 'F' sake!

How FUCKING insensitive AND stupid can some people be simultaneously?
Where the hell was this at, a Republican think tank?? 🤬

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It doesn't say.

Someone later mentions it was a topic in a classroom brought up from a reddit thread of all things. If you can believe that.

I don't think anyone is going to be claiming to be the source of that pic.

I just find it mind boggling that for some people there are some "discussions" that are not considered non starters. Which is very revealing.

Those very same people want to imagine themselves "objective", but if you did entertain them they would scoff.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
So they are rushing ahead with firing the Texas principal

I keep waiting for someone to finally admit the quiet part out loud.

"If only the guy we hired to be our first Black principal, hadn't been Black."

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
So they are rushing ahead with firing the Texas principal

I keep waiting for someone to finally admit the quiet part out loud.

"If only the guy we hired to be our first Black principal, hadn't been Black."
The real reason he was fired was a picture of him with his (white) wife hugging on the beach. I’ve got to think this principal is getting calls from lawyers daily. How many millions will he win in the lawsuit? It’s astonishing to me that this school thinks they can get away with firing a man for his skin color.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Marco Rubio introduces a bill to require "woke" corporations to justify their social policy positions to their shareholders. Because, there is nothing worse than a socially-responsible business.

(nb: the link is to Rubio's own site)
Marco is just following along in the wake of others who feel others being "woke" has left them jilted.

FAOFnnWVkAMfQKD

When other people's feelings get hurt from your dumb shit, they need to toughen up.

When they get their feelings hurt because no one wants to be around or associate with an asshole, then there's a problem that needs to be addressed & fixing.

Alli

Perfection
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
When other people's feelings get hurt from your dumb shit, they need to toughen up.

When they get their feelings hurt because no one wants to be around or associate with an asshole, then there's a problem that needs to be addressed & fixing.
Is that HiEveryone?
Talk about an oxymoron!

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It does not matter, we are tribal in many/most cases, we separate ourselves based on a variety of criteria and everything is cool only long as many/most of us don’t perceive something being taken from us or losing a perceived advantage over others.

This covers a very wide spectrum, and in the USA, we currently see the the GOP has decided democracy in a society where most would vote against them, does not work for them, so they are busy trying to destroy it, while pretending they're not, lying their asses off, fooling the dummies, while the accomplices wring their hands in gleeful anticipation of what they are trying to get away with.

And in many cases all of the little racist minions are good with depriving civil rights from any “alien” group, because they are a threat to the GOP’s goal which include facism if that’s what it takes to stay in control.

It’s long past time that these sad excuses for human beings are pushed aside to allow the human species to move forward, before we destroy ourselves and completely trash the planet, while acknowledging that trashing the planet goes well beyond the borders of the US.

Top Bottom