Don’t freak if the early returns show Trump winning

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You know that saying it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon?

Exclusive: Dem group warns of apparent Trump Election Day landslide

A top Democratic data and analytics firm told "Axios on HBO" it's highly likely that President Trump will appear to have won — potentially in a landslide — on election night, even if he ultimately loses when all the votes are counted.
Why this matters: Way more Democrats will vote by mail than Republicans, due to fears of the coronavirus, and it will take days if not weeks to tally these. This means Trump, thanks to Republicans doing almost all of their voting in person, could hold big electoral college and popular vote leads on election night.
Imagine America, with its polarization and misinformation, if the vote tally swings wildly toward Joe Biden and Trump loses days later as the mail ballots are counted.
That is what this group, Hawkfish, which is funded by Michael Bloomberg and also does work for the Democratic National Committee and pro-Biden Super PACs, is warning is a very real, if not foreordained, outcome.
What they're saying: Hawkfish CEO Josh Mendelsohn calls the scenario a "red mirage."
"We are sounding an alarm and saying that this is a very real possibility, that the data is going to show on election night an incredible victory for Donald Trump," he said.

Sounds nerve-wracking, but look at this way.

We may very well watch Trump claim victory only to watch it slip away.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You know that saying it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon?

Exclusive: Dem group warns of apparent Trump Election Day landslide

Sounds nerve-wracking, but look at this way.

We may very well watch Trump claim victory only to watch it slip away.
Which is what he's been preparing for since 2016.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-19%20at%201.15.53%20PM.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Remember folks, it's only rigged if he loses. They applied the same logic to women during the Salem Witch trials, to prove you were innocent all you needed to do was drown.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I will not be following election day coverage, and I recommend the same to everybody. In 2016 I wasn't a Hillary supporter, more progressive, but at about 2 AM I checked and still got a WTF surprise.

Where we are now even if Biden wins and you lean progressive, he's still going to spend most or all of his term digging us out of Trump's bottomless shit hole while also dealing with covid-19 and the associated economic cost. At best some progressive legislature might get passed if we experience some kind of third world poverty and mortality rates.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I will not be following election day coverage, and I recommend the same to everybody. In 2016 I wasn't a Hillary supporter, more progressive, but at about 2 AM I checked and still got a WTF surprise.

Where we are now even if Biden wins and you lean progressive, he's still going to spend most or all of his term digging us out of Trump's bottomless shit hole while also dealing with covid-19 and the associated economic cost. At best some progressive legislature might get passed if we experience some kind of third world poverty and mortality rates.
I'm hoping that people have woken up to the reality that Trump can win again, we have to take it seriously. Personally, Hillary wasn't really moving me but I liked that she was the first woman that could win. Biden, however, he has me motivated. I've donated to his campaign several times, am working to get the word out and I find him much more relatable. Looking at his comeback over Bernie I think we were all a bit blown away, it had to have scared Trump shitless too.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking at his comeback over Bernie

I think that was even more well manipulated by the DNC than 2016. But having said that I am over it and can acknowledge some of Bernie's rhetoric was too extreme for some of the average voters, but knowing our government of checks and balances and compromise (which Trump almost daily tries to destroy) I think Bernie would have achieved some good polices and actions in that environment.

Trump has not only exposed how broken our Democracy is but also how broken our voters are.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Frankly it’ll be bad either way. Trump has poisoned the well by undermining mail-in voting. If he somehow ekes out a narrow win, few besides his base will see it as legitimate.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
from election day until the very day that the Electoral College by law must meet, we will see the combined impacts of 3 things:
1 republican Secretaries of State claiming fraud without any evidence; refusing to certify any results
2 mail-in ballots not delivered in time and being rejected (legally), even though it was masterminded by trump's people
3 appeals going all the way to the Supreme Court for dozens of lawsuits

its not just hanging chads anymore.
right wing militias camping out on steps of State Capitols.

and Florida will be ground zero (again).

forget Wisconsin.
we want Florida.

Top Bottom
1 2