Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Not against that at all. But I also don’t underestimate Biden. It would be a dick move to win the presidency and then pass it over to your VP, but it could be ran on if done right, so the voters know in advance.

It’s easy to criticize his campaign, but he did win. I think he proved “less is more” and it was due to COVID and a coordinated plan, not because of inability imo.

Biden did great. He and people who voted for him in 2020 did rise to demands of the occasion in ways no one might have expected earlier on in the primary campaigns. Biden and we also owe a debt of gratitude to Black leaders endorsing him, and to the additional voters who turned out accordingly.

Among other things, the Biden win definitely kept us from finding out first hand and with less recourse than we have right now about exactly how low a guy like Trump can try to take the USA. The thing with the stolen documents was just a glimpse into how it might be going for us now with him still running the executive branch. The guy clearly thinks no rules apply to him.
It's bad enough we and the media can legitimately feel compelled to give Trump oxygen enough to see him landing in the cold embrace of justice as a private citizen. But just imagine: we'd still be trying to get the godforsaken GOP aisle of the Senate to convict him for a third impeachment before now, if he'd won re-election, or somehow managed to seize it.​
Biden was a breath of fresh air after all the drama and chaos of Trump's way of "governance." Joe's tweets turned out to be pretty mundane, and that was sure God fine by me. I no longer woke up wondering what fresh hell some tweet by Trump might have wreaked upon the planet while we slept. Joe left all that as history and went straight to rounding up people capable of working with him on problems of the people, and getting stuff done for us, with or without some help from across aisle as the USA struggled to emerge from the early run of the pandemic. And with the antics of Manchin in particular as well as Sinema within the Dem ranks, not sure someone with less longtime congressional savvy than Joe Biden would have managed to push key legislation across the finish line.

I have appreciated that for the most part Biden just lets Trump's past and current behavior speak for itself, as tfg continues to make a spectacle of himself and his party. Why get in the way of one's opposition trying to run a circus that so many people have already tired of. That's a message some of them sent the GOP in the midterms, even if they haven't yet fully absorbed it.

As for Trump, I see he’s had dinner with Nick Fuentes. As usual, he’s blaming everyone else.. Kanye, probably the secret service, who knows. But he hasn’t condemned Nick Fuentes or anything about him. Just the usual claim of ignorance. How is this not a pattern that proves his overt racism and endorsement of them, and their support for him? It’s the same shtick everytime with this professional asshole.

It doesn't particularly surprise or even bother me that Trump hasn't walked back the wisdom of having dined with Mr. Fuentes. Of course it was someone else's fault!

But the fact that the GOP leadership has been having some kind of... I dunno, an extended clipping-their-fingernails moment or something, and so maybe "didn't happen to read about that" is just f'g exasperating. I have to work at it not to rent that whole bunch too much space in my head.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
As for Trump, I see he’s had dinner with Nick Fuentes. As usual, he’s blaming everyone else.. Kanye, probably the secret service, who knows. But he hasn’t condemned Nick Fuentes or anything about him. Just the usual claim of ignorance. How is this not a pattern that proves his overt racism and endorsement of them, and their support for him? It’s the same shtick everytime with this professional asshole.

Regarding nazis, trump no doubt believes that "some are very nice people" and worthy of sharing dinner. He should just own it like he did regarding the white nationalists in Charlottesville.

Yeah... if Biden won 2024, I think there would be a lot of angry people if he simply resigned after inauguration, automatically making Harris prez.

I do think if Biden were to soon announce he would not be running again, and explained his concerns and reasons for his decision (assuming he does have concerns) in a fireside chat, that would be viewed as a stand-up move and received well.

If he went further, at some point in the next six months, and endorsed another candidate (after having private conversations with a few), I'd personally be on-board with that as I still respect his wisdom/judgement. Not sure how well that would be received by Dems in general, but it in the end it would be his prerogative to do so or not.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Regarding nazis, trump no doubt believes that "some are very nice people" and worthy of sharing dinner. He should just own it like he did regarding the white nationalists in Charlottesville.

Yeah... if Biden won 2024, I think there would be a lot of angry people if he simply resigned after inauguration, automatically making Harris prez.

I do think if Biden were to soon announce he would not be running again, and explained his concerns and reasons for his decision (assuming he does have concerns) in a fireside chat, that would be viewed as a stand-up move and received well.

If he went further, at some point in the next six months, and endorsed another candidate (after having private conversations with a few), I'd personally like to see that as I still respect his wisdom/judegment. Not sure how well that would be received by Dems in general, but it in the end it would be his prerogative to do so or not.
The people who will be angered by such a thing are going to be angry anyway, it's very hard to placate these people in this environment. Whatever Biden decides I'll stick with him, he's spent his life earning this role, the least we can do is let him decide on how he wants to ride it out.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
....As for Trump, I see he’s had dinner with Nick Fuentes. As usual, he’s blaming everyone else.. Kanye, probably the secret service, who knows. But he hasn’t condemned Nick Fuentes or anything about him. Just the usual claim of ignorance. How is this not a pattern that proves his overt racism and endorsement of them, and their support for him? It’s the same shtick everytime with this professional asshole.

Ye is saying that he told Trump that he's running for president himself and suggested that Trump should run with him as his VP candidate......Ye says Trump wasn't happy about the idea of being VP and started yelling at him

The Hill link
Ye, formerly known as Kanye West said he asked former President Trump to be his running mate in 2024.

The rapper, in a Twitter video, posted on Thursday evening, said he mentioned a campaign during a recent meeting with Trump at his Mar-a-Lago property in Florida, also tweeting a series of “Ye 24” graphics.

“I think the thing that Trump was most perturbed about, me asking him to be my vice president,” Ye said in the video in the Twitter post. “I think that was like lower on the list of things that caught him off-guard.”

Ye went on to say Trump screamed at him during the meeting about a run.

“When Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was going to lose — I mean has that ever worked for anyone in history,” Ye said in the video. “I’m like hold on, hold on, hold on, Trump, you’re talking to Ye.”

lizkat

Reaction score
Ye is saying that he told Trump that he's running for president himself and suggested that Trump should run with him as his VP candidate......Ye says Trump wasn't happy about the idea of being VP and started yelling at him

The Hill link

Yeah two narcissists for the price of one, except they'd implode before the GOP's nominating convention. In fact we've just had the demo...

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The people who will be angered by such a thing are going to be angry anyway, it's very hard to placate these people in this environment. Whatever Biden decides I'll stick with him, he's spent his life earning this role, the least we can do is let him decide on how he wants to ride it out.

I totally agree with that in principle.

What I'm concerned about is a situation where Biden runs again against either DeSatis or trump in 2024. And before that, on the campaign trail after the primaries, Biden suffers a very noticeable decline in physical and/or cognitive abilities, and it is much more pronounced than it is now. If he lost against DeSantis it would be terrible for the country. If he lost to trump it would be a f-ing disaster

The good news is, ideally, trump would be in a federal penitentiary by then.

As an aside, I'm wondering if DeSantis should win in 2024 if he'd give trump a pardon.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
But I do fault the Rs for caving in to Trump, because there were better --and younger-- choices out there from among the original 17-person array.

The Republican agenda is to run the government into the ground so that most Americans can become serfs to the feudocapitalist elite. R politicians are by definition Chicago School Koch-lickers who have nothing of value to offer the country (or the world, for that matter). There may have been much less disgusting R choices in '16, but most of them would have been much worse.

Imagine President Raphael de Cancun: he would have been much more skillful at enacting policies to kneecap and mutilate the elements of the government that benefit Americans rather than captains of industry. Individual-ONE's sheer incompetence was a far better brake on Republican nihilism than what we would have faced with a younger, more competent chief executive.

lizkat

Reaction score

My concern in a "I'm Joe Biden running for re-election with intent that my highly capable VP succeed me" kind of campaign is that Kamala Harris herself would instantly become the object of the same army of trolls that assaulted every aspect of HRC during the 2016 campaign.

Further, one could figure that the nastiness of the campaign would be doubled down on compared to 2016, because Harris is not only a female but a person of color. And "not even really Black..." as a sidebar from some categories of haters. In the White House? And with a Jewish husband who is an entertainment litigator? If it had not been for Trump's interregnum, it might work out great. A steep climb though, in the current environment, since Trump has encouraged so many different kinds of haters.

Of course the far right of 2016 had been practicing hating on Clinton for 40 years already, but today's equivalent is a pack of ravening wolves that hatched out complete with memes after a Black man was re-elected President in 2012, and have been extrapolating their hateful craft from there ever since, campaign season or no.​
Today those same creeps and their hangers-on are older, nastier and more emboldened by Trump having welcomed white supremacists into the parlor, yea even into the inner circles of government when he landed in the Oval Office.​

Not saying Harris can't campaign successfully on her own to become President, but for her to have to become some sort of "bonus" offered by an aging Joe Biden as enticement to vote for his own re-election, well... that might be asking way too much of not only Harris but also of the US electorate.

In fact if I were Harris and Biden proposed something like an overt "re-elect me and I'll soon after that give you Harris," I'd probably say no thanks Joe how about you and the Dems pick a new VP nominee, thanks for the experience and the memories.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Although a minor infraction compared to so many other things, it’s a sad state of affairs when it’s acceptable to some that a supposed business titan and former president has no clue who he is dining with. At best it’s incompetent ignorance and at worst it’s a wink sign to the most unhinged racist element of his supporters.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My concern in a "I'm Joe Biden running for re-election with intent that my highly capable VP succeed me" kind of campaign is that Kamala Harris herself would instantly become the object of the same army of trolls that assaulted every aspect of HRC during the 2016 campaign.

Further, one could figure that the nastiness of the campaign would be doubled down on compared to 2016, because Harris is not only a female but a person of color. And "not even really Black..." as a sidebar from some categories of haters. In the White House? And with a Jewish husband who is an entertainment litigator? If it had not been for Trump's interregnum, it might work out great. A steep climb though, in the current environment, since Trump has encouraged so many different kinds of haters.

Of course the far right of 2016 had been practicing hating on Clinton for 40 years already, but today's equivalent is a pack of ravening wolves that hatched out complete with memes after a Black man was re-elected President in 2012, and have been extrapolating their hateful craft from there ever since, campaign season or no.​
Today those same creeps and their hangers-on are older, nastier and more emboldened by Trump having welcomed white supremacists into the parlor, yea even into the inner circles of government when he landed in the Oval Office.​

Not saying Harris can't campaign successfully on her own to become President, but for her to have to become some sort of "bonus" offered by an aging Joe Biden as enticement to vote for his own re-election, well... that might be asking way too much of not only Harris but also of the US electorate.

In fact if I were Harris and Biden proposed something like an overt "re-elect me and I'll soon after that give you Harris," I'd probably say no thanks Joe how about you and the Dems pick a new VP nominee, thanks for the experience and the memories.

Nobody, and I mean nobody likes Harris. Her word salad responses as VP are second to none. She’s a worse meritocrasy "I deserve this" candidate than Clinton are far more bitter and whiny when she doesn’t get the respect she feels she deserves based on her resume. The DNC needs to get it through their head that most of the country is tired of them hoisting up educated elites far removed from the issues of the common citizen. They see every candidate for their fund raising potential via connections and that’s it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Jewish Advocacy Group That JUST Honored Trump ‘Deplores’ Him for Dining With ‘Vile Antisemites’ Kanye West and Nick Fuentes​

that they honored him in the first place makes you wonder about them.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Although a minor infraction compared to so many other things, it’s a sad state of affairs when it’s acceptable to some that a supposed business titan and former president has no clue who he is dining with. At best it’s incompetent ignorance and at worst it’s a wink sign to the most unhinged racist element of his supporters.

Trump had no clue who was coming to dinner, which kind of refutes the claim that Mar-A-Lardo is a secure location where entry is carefully monitored so top secret documents can be safely stored there.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
317089739_10159040474208456_2490806654624084353_n.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2