Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
“I don’t believe Donald Trump is an antisemite. I don’t believe he’s a racist or a bigot. I would not have been his vice president if he was,” Pence added. “I think the president demonstrated profoundly poor judgment in giving those individuals a seat at the table.” - Mike Pence

What a crock. Now, Pence did condemn the dinner with Fuentes, but I’m so tired of the GOP only timidly and barely criticizing Trump for these actions, and taking each one in isolation. Anyone can get drunk on their 21st birthday and twist their ankle. If you twist your ankle every night after getting drunk, maybe you have a problem?

And what the fuck is so hard about staying away from these people or criticizing them? He’s also got Steven Miller still swirling in his orb, and probably Bannon. He openly embraces MTG who proudly declares herself a “nationalist”.

And for the love of god, what is so hard about condemning racism and bigotry? “Yeah, it’s repulsive and has no place in the Make America Great Again movement”. Is that so hard? Find me a place Trump has done that a single time when asked. Not a day later after bad press when he reluctantly says “I condemn, ok? Is that what you wanted?” That’s not a condemnation at all, that’s a half-assed attempt at getting the media off your back while you court the people you’re being asked to condemn without saying too much to push them away.

If Trump is smart enough to understand anything, it’s that he knows a good part of his base is comprised of racists, and he’s done nothing to show them the door. It’s hard for me to envision him winning an election again when he’s done nothing to grow his base, but only dilute it down to enough people who can stand him. Which is a lot of people, to be fair. But just think, he could have easily been an incredibly popular president if he ever showed any of that so-called “toughness” in a fair and balanced way. I can guarantee you he’s been far more “tough” on BLM protesters and Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James and Bubba Wallace than he has on the KKK, white supremacy or any of their ilk.

Nick Fuentes gets dinner at Mar-A-Lago, LeBron James gets mean tweets. Are we really going to argue about who is worse? Do you think it’s that hard for a former president - who is running again - to maybe tell Ye ”now is probably not a good time, what with your Jew-hating and all?”

Trump doesn’t condemn racists and anti-semites because they support him, and probably because he is so himself. It’s that simple.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
“I don’t believe Donald Trump is an antisemite. I don’t believe he’s a racist or a bigot. I would not have been his vice president if he was,” Pence added. “I think the president demonstrated profoundly poor judgment in giving those individuals a seat at the table.” - Mike Pence

What a crock. Now, Pence did condemn the dinner with Fuentes, but I’m so tired of the GOP only timidly and barely criticizing Trump for these actions, and taking each one in isolation. Anyone can get drunk on their 21st birthday and twist their ankle. If you twist your ankle every night after getting drunk, maybe you have a problem?

And what the fuck is so hard about staying away from these people or criticizing them? He’s also got Steven Miller still swirling in his orb, and probably Bannon. He openly embraces MTG who proudly declares herself a “nationalist”.

And for the love of god, what is so hard about condemning racism and bigotry? “Yeah, it’s repulsive and has no place in the Make America Great Again movement”. Is that so hard? Find me a place Trump has done that a single time when asked. Not a day later after bad press when he reluctantly says “I condemn, ok? Is that what you wanted?” That’s not a condemnation at all, that’s a half-assed attempt at getting the media off your back while you court the people you’re being asked to condemn without saying too much to push them away.

If Trump is smart enough to understand anything, it’s that he knows a good part of his base is comprised of racists, and he’s done nothing to show them the door. It’s hard for me to envision him winning an election again when he’s done nothing to grow his base, but only dilute it down to enough people who can stand him. Which is a lot of people, to be fair. But just think, he could have easily been an incredibly popular president if he ever showed any of that so-called “toughness” in a fair and balanced way. I can guarantee you he’s been far more “tough” on BLM protesters and Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James and Bubba Wallace than he has on the KKK, white supremacy or any of their ilk.

Nick Fuentes gets dinner at Mar-A-Lago, LeBron James gets mean tweets. Are we really going to argue about who is worse? Do you think it’s that hard for a former president - who is running again - to maybe tell Ye ”now is probably not a good time, what with your Jew-hating and all?”

Trump doesn’t condemn racists and anti-semites because they support him, and probably because he is so himself. It’s that simple.

Bewildering and pretty f'd up.

And speaking of f'd up... here we go in Arizona and Pennsylvania:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Exactly, his criterion is just whether someone likes him. If Bernie Sanders suddenly lost his mind and started defending him, Trump would say nice things about Bernie.

As for Pence and the rest of the GOP being so hesitant to criticize Trump, it's like I've said before - if Trump ran for president as a third party candidate (which he would do as he has no loyalty to the GOP), he would take away enough votes to insure a Democratic win. And same for many state and local elections if Trump put up candidates there. So they've allowed Trumpism to fester and now they have to (at least publicly) treat it with kid gloves or face disaster.

And meanwhile, let's hope the special counsel starts issuing indictments soon. It's clear that Trump knowingly took top secret documents and knowingly obstructed the DOJ's attempts to retrieve them. He's basically confessed to these acts in his social media postings. Every day that passes without Trump being held accountable for this, as well as his many other crimes, erodes whatever faith people had in the U.S. system of justice where no one is supposed to be above the law.

bwinter88

Fight, or nose: pick one
Reaction score

Amazing. Two election board officials refuse to certify the election citing unsourced claims that the machines were not certified. But of course, they were, and the court will likely force the board to certify the results.

But if they don't, the state will throw out results from the entire county, and it's a Republican stronghold, meaning two elections will flip to Democrats. Talk about rhinoplasty with a hammer to spite the face.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing. Two election board officials refuse to certify the election citing unsourced claims that the machines were not certified. But of course, they were, and the court will likely force the board to certify the results.

But if they don't, the state will throw out results from the entire county, and it's a Republican stronghold, meaning two elections will flip to Democrats. Talk about rhinoplasty with a hammer to spite the face.

They are also committing a crime, so they’ll probably go to jail. That‘ll be fun.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

The SoS (and Governor-elect) has already sued.

It’s a stunt, but the courts will kill whatever they’re up to. And they better hope they haven’t committed any crimes in the process.

Republicans should tread lightly on how they handle this bogus election fraud crap. There are more people who want sanity than the chaos the GOP is proposing. It has and will continue to cost them elections. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic, but despite the absolute hell of the last six or seven years, the GOP doesn’t look in any better shape. That’s a good thing.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The SoS (and Governor-elect) has already sued.

It’s a stunt, but the courts will kill whatever they’re up to. And they better hope they haven’t committed any crimes in the process.

Republicans should tread lightly on how they handle this bogus election fraud crap. There are more people who want sanity than the chaos the GOP is proposing. It has and will continue to cost them elections. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic, but despite the absolute hell of the last six or seven years, the GOP doesn’t look in any better shape. That’s a good thing.

I feel the same, but also know that weird shit happens sometimes. Hopefully we're over that. When trump's indicted I'll start feeling we're on the road to recovery. When he's actually in a prison cell, that's when dogs and cats can start dancing together in the streets. :)

What's sad is the R's will soon be digging up Hunter Biden laptop nonsense again. Jeeeez, give it a rest, move on, and come together to heal the country.

bwinter88

Reaction score
What's sad is the R's will soon be digging up Hunter Biden laptop nonsense again. Jeeeez, give it a rest, move on, and come together to heal the country.
If that's the worst thing a Republican-controlled House can come up with, I welcome it. When it first came out, it revealed a bunch of private communication between Hunter and Joe which showed...a father's unconditional love for a son with addiction issues. Republicans just looked like assholes for releasing it and mocking Hunter for his problems. Not a good look when a lot of your base was mired in an opiate crisis themselves.

Hunter has no relation to the administration beyond being Joe's son. Republicans trying to divert attention from their president having stolen classified documents for no good reason are about to end up with egg on their face. No one who isn't already in one camp or the other is going to be fooled by this laptop business and I don't anticipate anything directly incriminating being on it, as it would have come out already. The Republicans already released a report, and the best they could do was pearl-clutching phrases like "this is worrying stuff" over otherwise fairly benign things.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If that's the worst thing a Republican-controlled House can come up with, I welcome it. When it first came out, it revealed a bunch of private communication between Hunter and Joe which showed...a father's unconditional love for a son with addiction issues. Republicans just looked like assholes for releasing it and mocking Hunter for his problems. Not a good look when a lot of your base was mired in an opiate crisis themselves.

Hunter has no relation to the administration beyond being Joe's son. Republicans trying to divert attention from their president having stolen classified documents for no good reason are about to end up with egg on their face. No one who isn't already in one camp or the other is going to be fooled by this laptop business and I don't anticipate anything directly incriminating being on it, as it would have come out already. The Republicans already released a report, and the best they could do was pearl-clutching phrases like "this is worrying stuff" over otherwise fairly benign things.
I’m not worried at all about the laptop issue. Or anything coming from it. It’s just another unnecessary tit for tat grandstanding slog the country shouldn’t need to go through right now. Effing move on and govern.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that the mainstream media isn't going to share the avalanche of horrifying quotes mentioned here.

This should be front page headline news. There is no room for misinterpretation or contextual issues. It's all blatant and clear.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that the mainstream media isn't going to share the avalanche of horrifying quotes mentioned here.

This should be front page headline news. There is no room for misinterpretation or contextual issues. It's all blatant and clear.
Rachael maddow played plenty of clips from this Nazi incel.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
He’s someone who doesn’t give a shit.

I have no idea if he believes the nonsense he spews, and like Trump, it becomes irrelevant. You are party to it by being around it, showing signs of it and refusing to condemn it. Fuentes denies he’s a racist and all the other things he’s accused of, just like many less-controversial GOP members of Congress who pretty much spew the same things in a more digestible fashion.

They do it for fame, attention and notoriety. It’s worked well for Fuentes and Trump. Trump became president, Fuentes is dining with a huge celebrity and a former president at the estate of said president. Quite the feats.

Doesn’t make them any less desperate and sick.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He’s someone who doesn’t give a shit.

I have no idea if he believes the nonsense he spews, and like Trump, it becomes irrelevant. You are party to it by being around it, showing signs of it and refusing to condemn it. Fuentes denies he’s a racist and all the other things he’s accused of, just like many less-controversial GOP members of Congress who pretty much spew the same things in a more digestible fashion.

They do it for fame, attention and notoriety. It’s worked well for Fuentes and Trump. Trump became president, Fuentes is dining with a huge celebrity and a former president at the estate of said president. Quite the feats.

Doesn’t make them any less desperate and sick.

What I don’t get is people who claim they aren’t racist when you can confront them with a mountain of evidence to the contrary right out of their mouth and that they aren’t confronted with that every time they make that claim. And whether they believe their own bullshit is almost beside the point. They are preaching to those who believe it 100% and planting seeds in people who are lost and easily manipulated and then these people go out and kill. And frankly, that’s the only purpose it serves.

bwinter88

Reaction score
I’m not worried at all about the laptop issue. Or anything coming from it. It’s just another unnecessary tit for tat grandstanding slog the country shouldn’t need to go through right now. Effing move on and govern.
If only they had actual ideas to move on to. It says a lot that they declared this was their first order of business. Even their complaints about inflation have been followed up with zero solutions to fix it other than giving rich people more money.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If only they had actual ideas to move on to. It says a lot that they declared this was their first order of business. Even their complaints about inflation have been followed up with zero solutions to fix it other than giving rich people more money.

The whole thing about Hunter Biden's laptop is a disengenuous mice-nuts nothing burger. As HB is a private citizen, if he did something illegal, then law enforcement should simply look into it and go from there if necessary. End of story.

There's no *legitimate* reason there needs to be a congressional investigation, which would be a huge waste of time. And as you pointed out inflation is real, affects everyone, and is worthy of congressional solutions. Except they have none.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
As HB is a private citizen, if he did something illegal, then law enforcement should simply look into it and go from there if necessary. End of story.
They're trying to imply Joe Biden was involved and somehow benefited from whatever HB did. It's reminiscent of all those Benghazi hearings which someone later admitted were just to embarrass and weaken Hillary.

But they won't be investigating the $2B account Jared and Ivanka got from the Saudis. How likely would that have happened if her father wasn't president? And how about how every weekend Trump went to one of his properties rather than Camp David which necessitated the Secret Service and staff to pay the facility for their lodging. Or how about how Trump used money collected from a shady election defense fund to pay his son's girlfriend $60,000 for a 2.5 minute speech on Jan. 6. Etc. Etc.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score

it turns out that Milo Yiannopoulos (remember him?) was also at the dinner with Trump, Ye and Fuentes. He's claiming he arranged it and set it up.

"...He (Yiannopoulos) told NBC he also arranged the meeting “just to make Trump’s life miserable”, because he was aware news of the dinner would leak...."

link

bwinter88

Reaction score
Says a 24-year-old overt racist neo-Nazi: "I love Donald Trump."

Former rap star with clear mental health issues: "I want Donald Trump to be my vice-president."

An alt-right heretic/advocate of pedophilia: "I want to send a message to Donald Trump...[from] the people who love him the most"

This is the crowd at Mar-a-lago these days? Oof. :oops:

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
A wee bit of excellent news!

"The law is clear,” the appeals court wrote. “We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so.”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A wee bit of excellent news!

"The law is clear,” the appeals court wrote. “We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so.”

Just saw this. Good news for the DoJ and a good rebuke of Judge Cannon.

I don't think this would have ever helped Trump much beyond dragging out the process. I'm sure he'll appeal to the Supreme Court - for no other reason than to buy a few more weeks.

Top Bottom
1 2