Donald Trump Jr. claims U.S. COVID deaths are 'almost nothing' on day over 1,000 people die

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And the Trump drones believe it. Take nice deep breaths and show up to vote if you haven't already.

From Yahoo
Donald Trump, Jr., appeared on The Ingraham Angle Thursday night where he made a wildly incorrect claim about coronavirus deaths in the United States. While blasting Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison for capping attendance at President Trump’s upcoming Minnesota rally at 250 people, which is in line with the state’s COVID-19 guidelines, the president’s son claimed that deaths in the U.S. due to COVID-19 are down to almost nothing.

“If you look — I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago ‘cause I went through the CDC data because I kept hearing about new infections,” Don, Jr., said. “But I was like ‘Why aren’t they talking about deaths? Oh, oh, because the number is almost nothing.’”

trump-jr2.png

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
The Trumps (and enablers in the Republican Party) do not care over how many corpses they will walk or climb to get back in to the White House.

As a family they have no shame.

Look at the ancestral legacy. These are monsters. All of them.
Trump's father… what a disgusting piece of work that man was… and his mother… all handed down to Trump, who is doing a great job with Donnie et al. I shudder to think what a little horror Baron is going to be.

A toxic legacy handed down and the result is a psychopathic family in charge of the USA.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
@ericgtr12 after seeing this video you post, i have decided not to watch another of his videos. ever. i will not give any click to any more of his white nationalist media enablers.

@Arkitect your summary of trump and his family is perfect. i could not have phrased it better. thank you.

remember the enablers's names. never forget or forgive the people who fronted for trump.
vote them out of power in 2020 or 2022.
never employ them.
Sean Spicer
Sarah Sanders
Stephanie Grisham
Kayleigh McEnany
Rudy G.
redicule their forthcoming contrite confessions about how they wish they would have spoken up earlier.

always remember
SAY THEIR NAMES

Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch
White House official Fiona Hill
Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman
always remember their valour and their sacrifice.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
remember the enablers's names. never forget or forgive the people who fronted for trump.
vote them out of power in 2020 or 2022.
never employ them.

All those blithe enablers of Trump who ignored the Hatch Act belong on that list as well. There's some overlap... Conway was a blatant scofflaw, and even mocked what she regarded as a toothless guideline for Trump's administration. But Senator Elizabeth Warren just released a report on how extensive the Hatch Act violations have been and continue to be in the Trump era, and that's disregarding all the norm-breaking by officials like the Prez and VP who are exempt from it but in more normal times try to avoid even the appearance of using taxpayer dollars, e.g. their own salaries and expense accounts, in service of partisan campaign events.

In short, the Hatch Act is an 80-year-old law that generally forbids federal executive branch employees from engaging in partisan political activities — like stumping for or against a candidate — while on the job so that taxpayer money isn’t effectively being used as if it were a campaign donation. There are some exceptions, including for the president and vice president, as well as even stricter rules for employees involved in national security, law enforcement, or elections.

According to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, which enforces the Hatch Act, the law also seeks to ensure “that federal programs are administered in a nonpartisan fashion, to protect federal employees from political coercion in the workplace, and to ensure that federal employees are advanced based on merit and not based on political affiliation.”

However, despite a change narrowing the criteria for violations in 2014, the new report from Warren’s office says Trump’s administration is openly flouting the act.

In total, the Cambridge Democrat’s Senate staff counted more than 54 violations of the Hatch Act by 14 administration officials dating back to 2017, as well as nearly 100 additional pending investigations for alleged violations by 22 officials.

Cases are initially handled by the Office of Special Counsel, which is limited to issuing advisory opinions to the president for cases involving employees in confidential and policymaking roles. Appeals are also normally handled by a separate board consisting of three-members appointed by the president. That board has been completely empty since March 2019, resulting in a backlog of cases, the report said.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

i read through the link you posted. thanks.

my first impression was: wow. we haven't heard a whole lot from Senator Warren these days. i miss her comments.

and then, Kellyanne's "let me know when the jail sentence starts" comment brought me back to reality.

@lizkat and @Alli i let me know what you think about Kellyanne. im interested in knowing.

when pressured so much she wasn't so effective, or, ,maybe her full heart wasn't in it to defend trump.
but i have always had a lingering suspicion that she is not a trump supporter. it was a job to her.
her getting out before election day is a sure sign that (even) she thinks trump will be defeated.
are you picking up on other vibrations about her? interested in hearing both yr thoughts.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
i read through the link you posted. thanks.

my first impression was: wow. we haven't heard a whole lot from Senator Warren these days. i miss her comments.

and then, Kellyanne's "let me know when the jail sentence starts" comment brought me back to reality.

@lizkat and @Alli i let me know what you think about Kellyanne. im interested in knowing.

when pressured so much she wasn't so effective, or, ,maybe her full heart wasn't in it to defend trump.
but i have always had a lingering suspicion that she is not a trump supporter. it was a job to her.
her getting out before election day is a sure sign that (even) she thinks trump will be defeated.
are you picking up on other vibrations about her? interested in hearing both yr thoughts.
I think she will do whatever brings in the paycheck. I have never had any respect for her. After all, she invented “alternative facts.” Nothing bothered her. Even when her daughter sued for emancipation, she continued to lie for Donald. And let’s not forget she has violated the Hatch Act more than anyone else in this corrupt administration.

lizkat

Reaction score

I think she will do whatever brings in the paycheck. I have never had any respect for her. After all, she invented “alternative facts.” Nothing bothered her. Even when her daughter sued for emancipation, she continued to lie for Donald. And let’s not forget she has violated the Hatch Act more than anyone else in this corrupt administration.

KellyAnne Conway has always been a hired gun. In Trump she saw a supremely malleable* guy who would pay well for press coverage no matter if good, bad or indifferent so long as it focused on him.

* Trump is malleable so long as one does not tread on his world views of stuff like protectionist tariffs, immigration and ongoing insistence on guilt of the Central Park Five, plus assorted other racist views of nonwhites including but not limited to Obama and The Squad... and even with all that, Conway has been skilled at keeping the focus on Trump while "translating" his less acceptable views aka "alternative facts" into American-flag-wrapped blurbs that can sometimes sound patriotic.​

Conway left the administration ostensibly to care for her children, although that was after she had been deemed guilty of Hatch Act violations and a recommendation had been sent to Trump to dismiss her. The dismissal idea was immediately rejected. Anyway going forward, the Hatch Act does not apply... technically and literally speaking... except for the now hugely grey area of any 2020 campaign-related appearances or supportive public remarks by Conway in the runup to elections, including any appearances on the White House grounds or at the White House.

Lately KellyAnne has been on the re-election campaign trail with Melania Trump.

lizkat

Reaction score
The biggest loser.

Susan Collins on steroids, that one. All the little gestures of "I'm not with him" like brushing his hand away and frowning -- but she still is with him. I'd like to keep saying it's because of concern for their son Barron. Even first ladies can decide that a separation is healthier for a child.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Susan Collins on steroids, that one. All the little gestures of "I'm not with him" like brushing his hand away and frowning -- but she still is with him. I'd like to keep saying it's because of concern for their son Barron. Even first ladies can decide that a separation is healthier for a child.
An untenable position for any Republican to be in. I feel sorry for her in some ways, she sticks with him and gets eaten alive by the moderates and if she goes against him she faces a tweet storm of hate from the most powerful ass gasket in the world.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
An untenable position for any Republican to be in. I feel sorry for her in some ways, she sticks with him and gets eaten alive by the moderates and if she goes against him she faces a tweet storm of hate from the most powerful ass gasket in the world.
I don’t feel at all sorry for her. She can’t make up her own mind. Or she’s afraid to make a plan and stick with it. Either way, it’s not good for her constituents.

lizkat

Reaction score

There was a time when Susan Collins merited a lot more respect from colleagues across the aisle than she does now. Maybe she doesn't care about that but I'm pretty sure that was a factor in some of her potential electorate having supported her in the past even if they were indies or Dems and didn't always agree with her votes as a moderate Republican.

There is plenty of potential for a respectable social life and a richly compensated professional one in the private sector after the Senate, for any US Senator who decides to stand on principle and risk defeat for having done that... or to decide not to run again. It's just that it's not fashionable any more in the GOP's era of "so much winning". The Republicans have brought their base along with them on all that amped-up binary thinking and conversion of issues into zero sum games... and so there's just no room now for Republicans to be moderate. What that boils down to for Collins though is losing those indies and Dems in Maine who did appreciate her previously more independent assessment of legislation and other Senate tasks. She does still talk the talk now some of the time, but has shown Trump she'll come around in the end. Does she imagine no one else notices?

lizkat

Reaction score
Donald Trump Jr. could make himself useful for once and take note that while he may be relatively young and healthy and so in the general category of those who may very likely escape a life-threatening experience of covid infection, it's still true that "somehow" he got it despite presumably frequent screening of himself and perhaps most others he routinely encounters.

... and so he might then propose there could be sense in declining to attend or to host even a small gathering of people who mean only to celebrate "Thanksgiving" when any of them could be asymptomatic but carrying the virus as an uninvited guest.

But I suppose Don Jr. would rather die than admit that covid-19 is "something", even though he too now has been infected.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2