Don't be this person

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
True story

When I lived in Dallas I would stop in West, Tx (the town) on the way back to Dallas at this place called Czech Stop. They are known for their Kolaches. This place is ALWAYS packed. Like you are going to wait in a long line to place your order. So I put gas and there is literally no where to move and park at this place. The place is that packed. So I left my car at the pump and went inside to get my order. I'm not sure how long I was inside. This was over 10 years ago. But when I came back out to my car this lady came up and was screaming at me like a crazy person because I left my car there while I went inside to get my kolaches. I looked at her and just fucking laughed, got in my car, and left eating my kolaches on the drive back home lol - I would have moved if there were ANY PLACE TO MOVE AND PARK, but there wasn't. That being said, if you are dying to put gas only why are you going to the Czech Stop? I would never go there if I was needing gas only because it is too crowded. What she wanted to do was exactly what I had done. Put gas and then go inside and place an order. Some people are bold. She didn't know if I was a crazy person with a gun, but she's running her mouth.

I don't see a problem with filling up at a gas station and then going inside to shop for a bit. The person doing this is obviously a paying customer using the services. It's not some random person just parking there and leaving the premises. The solution is to go to a different gas station that is less busy. That is why I avoid Buc-ee's when I need gas only, because it is too damn popular and crowded. I will only stop there when I need gas, a clean bathroom, and food.
I understand there are two side to the story and you are right about that she didn't know if you were a crazy person. However I'd say that you were equally lucky that she wasn't packing (Texas) or a guy that is bigger than you didn't pummel you over it. I don't think I would have run my mouth and screamed at the top of my lungs at you, but you definitely would have gotten a glare and a frustrated "come on man" raising the arm gesture. I don't know Czech Stops, but we have Cumberland Farms convenience store that commonly have the cheapest gas around the area. Plus it's just being neighborly to not tie up an unused pump when people who are waiting

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
True story

When I lived in Dallas I would stop in West, Tx (the town) on the way back to Dallas at this place called Czech Stop. They are known for their Kolaches. This place is ALWAYS packed. Like you are going to wait in a long line to place your order. So I put gas and there is literally no where to move and park at this place. The place is that packed. So I left my car at the pump and went inside to get my order. I'm not sure how long I was inside. This was over 10 years ago. But when I came back out to my car this lady came up and was screaming at me like a crazy person because I left my car there while I went inside to get my kolaches. I looked at her and just fucking laughed, got in my car, and left eating my kolaches on the drive back home lol - I would have moved if there were ANY PLACE TO MOVE AND PARK, but there wasn't. That being said, if you are dying to put gas only why are you going to the Czech Stop? I would never go there if I was needing gas only because it is too crowded. What she wanted to do was exactly what I had done. Put gas and then go inside and place an order. Some people are bold. She didn't know if I was a crazy person with a gun, but she's running her mouth.

I don't see a problem with filling up at a gas station and then going inside to shop for a bit. The person doing this is obviously a paying customer using the services. It's not some random person just parking there and leaving the premises. The solution is to go to a different gas station that is less busy. That is why I avoid Buc-ee's when I need gas only, because it is too damn popular and crowded. I will only stop there when I need gas, a clean bathroom, and food.

If there isn’t a parking spot to move to, ok.

But if there is a parking spot to move to, move the car to that spot and free up the pump.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I see this often at public chargers. EVs that aren’t actually plugged in and other random ICE cars

Yeah. Even if there isn't a spot open, don't ICE a charger. And the spot isn't a perk for people who drive EV's as a reward for switching. It's there to charge. Don't park an EV there if you are not going to charge.

Simple etiquette people......

Also, don't dump trash at superchargers.

Top Bottom
1 2