Dr. Evil takes over GM

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
So Dr. Evil has taken over GM. Does Musk stand a chance now that the OG evil mastermind is back?

Seriously, interesting campaign. Though a bit heavy handed on the climate change message, etc IMHO.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Actually a pretty cool ad, everyone is moving into the world of EVs.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Here is the full spot. I like how they poke fun at their lame " Real People" commercials( they needed to die the moment the first one came out).

U

User.45

Here is the full spot. I like how they poke fun at their lame " Real People" commercials( they needed to die the moment the first one came out).

Serious question, is this commercial meant to be funny? Is this funny to those who like the Austin Powers movies? Honest question, I don't get the humor of either.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Serious question, is this commercial meant to be funny? Is this funny to those who like the Austin Powers movies? Honest question, I don't get the humor of either.
I'd not seen that before, but it was mildly amusing, although somewhat confusing about what the point was.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the point is Dr. Evil is “now in charge of GM”, it’s that his empire has reinvented itself in his absence. That’s kind of been the case in each of the movies, or at least coming up with a new venture to destroy the world. I suppose gas vehicles are the metaphor for “evil”.

I think this is a great marketing campaign. GM has really stepped it up recently. The “real people” campaign was atrocious. The only good thing that came out of that campaign were the series of YouTube videos mocking them.

Top Bottom
1 2